Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  fall release date...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: fall release date...  (Read 18891 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2006, 06:29:53 AM »

let me know now, does this fall count as axl giving us a release date...? I only want to know incase the end of december rolls along and it's not out and you say well axl never gave a release date hihi
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2006, 06:31:37 AM »

let me know now, does this fall count as axl giving us a release date...? I only want to know incase the end of december rolls along and it's not out and you say well axl never gave a release date hihi

is "fall/late fall" considered a date now?

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2006, 06:35:57 AM »

I think it is but as you know,plans might change.i think it will all boil down to how well this tour goes.if the tour gets completed and reviews are good then we might get the album but if 2002 happens again then its gonna be another setback

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Dr_Sweden
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2006, 06:39:53 AM »

If the tour goes well maybe.. we will se the album this fall(late).....its hard to tell .. the record dosent seems to be ready ... he has said the same things since 1999.... but its great that they reheasing on new stuff that issent recorded...its a shame that it the record doesnt come out this summer i think..... ..., out touring on have nothing to show....that is no good...But i really hope they play some new songs ...like better and stuff.....so its not the 2002 playlist....if the tour crashes i dont think we ever hear the record ..

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2006, 06:44:26 AM »

i am so pissed to hear a fall release date i cant even explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
BUT...this is GNR and that doesn't mean a fall release is really going down! im sure they got something up their sleeves! maybe just tryin to throw us off....

Why won't a fall release date happen again? Please remind me. When has Axl ever promised a release date before now?

In 2001.

Nope. Never happened. And please don't quote the "we'll be back next summer with a bunch of new songs" again like other folks so. That's STILL not Axl saying a release date in anyway.

ok

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
madagas
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2006, 07:50:23 AM »

Rust, I suggest stopping while you are ahead. Axl specifically said in a radio interview from Chile (there is a transcription floating around somewhere on these boards) in Jan 01 that they hoped to have the record out by June/July 2001. A single would come in Spring 01. Now, please explain to me how saying Fall or late Fall (a three month timeframe 5 months from now!) is any different.? rant Axl also said in a radio interview in late 2002 that the record would be out sometime in 2003.? Roll Eyes Last time I checked it is now 2006-no record-still recording. Here is the link to Jarmo's news article.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=342
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:56:34 AM by madagas » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2006, 08:22:33 AM »

Rust, I suggest stopping while you are ahead. Axl specifically said in a radio interview from Chile (there is a transcription floating around somewhere on these boards) in Jan 01 that they hoped to have the record out by June/July 2001. A single would come in Spring 01. Now, please explain to me how saying Fall or late Fall (a three month timeframe 5 months from now!) is any different.  rant Axl also said in a radio interview in late 2002 that the record would be out sometime in 2003.  Roll Eyes Last time I checked it is now 2006-no record-still recording. Here is the link to Jarmo's news article.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=342

What do you mean stopping while I'm ahead? You guys crack me up with how much you think you're all so sure of. A link to story that says Axl said something with no video or audio means nothing to me.

Here's the point of the whole discussion; it seems that almost no one here wants to believe in Axl at all.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
madagas
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »

There was audio years ago and I am sure someone has it now. I heard it with my own two ears. Really, your wrong so just drop it. I love Axl but he isn't the most reliable either.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »

i am so pissed to hear a fall release date i cant even explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
BUT...this is GNR and that doesn't mean a fall release is really going down! im sure they got something up their sleeves! maybe just tryin to throw us off....

Why won't a fall release date happen again? Please remind me. When has Axl ever promised a release date before now?

In 2001.

Nope. Never happened. And please don't quote the "we'll be back next summer with a bunch of new songs" again like other folks so. That's STILL not Axl saying a release date in anyway.

Axl specifically said in a radio interview from Chile (there is a transcription floating around somewhere on these boards) in Jan 01 that they hoped to have the record out by June/July 2001. A single would come in Spring 01.

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Radio Rock And Pop Chile, January 2001
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:05:33 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »

LOL.

I've read through the thread and had a good chuckle.

First, people complain that we never hear anything from Axl and the band, that they don't communicate well with the fans, and that they never address the questions we have.

Then, Axl does an hour + long interview that, basically, answers 90% of the questions we have, and tells us another 5% of those questions will be answered in a week at the NYC shows.

And people start complaining about the answers he gave.

Can we, at least, maybe wait until December 22nd (the first day of winter) to start complaining about the validity of the info he's giving us?

Another thing:? A Fall (even late fall) release could mean, if they so desire, leading with 2 singles...one in June/July, one in Aug/Sept (figuring a release in late Sept/Oct).? It's not a common release method, but it's not an unheard of one, either.? Heck, GnR did it with the UYI albums, using a soundtrack single (YCBM) to lead the charge.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2006, 08:54:58 AM »

LOL.

I've read through the thread and had a good chuckle.

First, people complain that we never hear anything from Axl and the band, that they don't communicate well with the fans, and that they never address the questions we have.

Then, Axl does an hour + long interview that, basically, answers 90% of the questions we have, and tells us another 5% of those questions will be answered in a week at the NYC shows.

And people start complaining about the answers he gave.

Can we, at least, maybe wait until December 22nd (the first day of winter) to start complaining about the validity of the info he's giving us?

Another thing:  A Fall (even late fall) release could mean, if they so desire, leading with 2 singles...one in June/July, one in Aug/Sept (figuring a release in late Sept/Oct).  It's not a common release method, but it's not an unheard of one, either.  Heck, GnR did it with the UYI albums, using a soundtrack single (YCBM) to lead the charge.

Smiley

I'm not saying you're defending me or anything but THANK YOU. My whole point in arguing is just that. Prior to Friday night Axl was just the worst villian ever to most of the "fans" on this  board because he "owed us" some sort of communication. So like you said, Axl goes on the radio and tell us just about everything except where Hoffas buried and these same "fans" are not satisfied.

madagas
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2006, 09:03:49 AM »

Again, I am not pissed at Axl and he is not a villain to me at all. I just hate it when people talk out of their ass about words straight from Axl's mouth. Facts are facts. Now, on topic, he seems to be very happy and mentally "in a good place." The record has to come out sometime.....Fall is as good a time as any. Let's hope he finally wraps it up. Now, there is an outside chance he is bullshitting everyone and throwing them off on purpose. Divert as much attention as possible to throw off leakers etc. I doubt it, but it could play out that way. Personally, I would do that if I was in his position. Talk the record release down then .....wham......album comes out with a month's notice! peace
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2006, 09:08:45 AM »

The news about fall sounds right to me anyway. Just about the time of Use Your Illusion. They are starting their tour at approximately the same time also. Axl mentioned that 30+ gigs were booked for the Europe. So far there is only 22. Meaning there must be more that have yet to be announced.

I think we will hear a handful of new songs up until it's released, then the majority will appear after the album is released. I want to hear IRS live ok

There's not anymore that I can do...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:09 AM »

It's not precise like nov 5th but it is a time period of a season....  Someone with a completed album should be able to give you a time period as a release date right before touring.. You don't just guess when it comes out, there has to be some invested time before you release it.. If it was a work in progress then the time can varry to a degree..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2006, 09:24:59 AM »

Again, I am not pissed at Axl and he is not a villain to me at all. I just hate it when people talk out of their ass about words straight from Axl's mouth. Facts are facts. Now, on topic, he seems to be very happy and mentally "in a good place." The record has to come out sometime.....Fall is as good a time as any. Let's hope he finally wraps it up. Now, there is an outside chance he is bullshitting everyone and throwing them off on purpose. Divert as much attention as possible to throw off leakers etc. I doubt it, but it could play out that way. Personally, I would do that if I was in his position. Talk the record release down then .....wham......album comes out with a month's notice! peace

I'm still crossing my fingers for something like this to occur myself.

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2006, 09:28:50 AM »

Axl specifically said in a radio interview from Chile (there is a transcription floating around somewhere on these boards) in Jan 01 that they hoped to have the record out by June/July 2001. A single would come in Spring 01.

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

That's the quote I was referring to Undecided

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »

That's the quote I was referring to Undecided

shortly there after hihi be five years soon rofl
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2006, 04:26:43 PM »

I still go with a summer release. My left nut is telling me Axl only said late fall to "fool" the leaking industry.
Wouldn't be surprised if we would see the album in june ......

If my theory is bullshit and i need to say good bye to my left nut... well anyway.. what was the point again?? hihi

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »

I still go with a summer release. My left nut is telling me Axl only said late fall to "fool" the leaking industry.

If my theory is bullshit and i need to say good bye to my left nut... well anyway.. what was the point again?? hihi

Something tells me no it won't be summer, but i do think it will be here before the U.S. tour starts, seeing as noone will back a tour with no album and half full arenas again.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2006, 04:52:21 PM »

Something tells me no it won't be summer, but i do think it will be here before the U.S. tour starts, seeing as noone will back a tour with no album and half full arenas again.

I wouldn't listen to his left nut either, but thats just me.  hihi

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: