Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228006 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Karma feature
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Karma feature  (Read 21256 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »

i get that you are enforcing your own rules on this place, and that's your right as an admin, but i'm reffering to you putting it like this "fans", i'm a fucking longtime fan and i'm not gonna have anyone tell me that i'm lesser of a fan because i'm not rated the all-time top HTGTH poster.

Dude, can't you read? It's called "karma" feature, not "hardcoreness" feature. He never said you were less of a Gn'R fan! You are the one implying that the more negative points you have, the less of a fan you are. Go back to the very first post in this thread and read it. 

I feel sorry for Jarmo  Roll Eyes
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2006, 10:02:24 AM »

i get that you are enforcing your own rules on this place, and that's your right as an admin, but i'm reffering to you putting it like this "fans", i'm a fucking longtime fan and i'm not gonna have anyone tell me that i'm lesser of a fan because i'm not rated the all-time top HTGTH poster.

Dude, can't you read? It's called "karma" feature, not "hardcoreness" feature. He never said you were less of a Gn'R fan! You are the one implying that the more negative points you have, the less of a fan you are. Go back to the very first post in this thread and read it.?

I feel sorry for Jarmo? Roll Eyes

can't you read? he's implied several times, including in the post before his last, that certain people are not really fans by putting fans in these "", ok? that pisses me off, and i just wanted to address it, as that's my right. stay out of this and take your own reading advice before getting involved next time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:04:24 AM by speed-stone » Logged

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2006, 10:11:41 AM »

Dude, can't you read? It's called "karma" feature, not "hardcoreness" feature. He never said you were less of a Gn'R fan! You are the one implying that the more negative points you have, the less of a fan you are. Go back to the very first post in this thread and read it. 

I feel sorry for Jarmo  Roll Eyes

can't you read? he's implied several times, including the post before his last, that certain people are not really fans by putting fans in these "", ok? that pisses me off, and i just wanted to address it, as that's my right. stay out of this and take your own reading advice before getting involved next time.

I can read very well, thank you. And I did read what he said, but YOU didn't get my point. I said that the Karma feature had nothing to do with how much of a Gn'R fan you are. If one has just discovered Gn'R and signs up to the board, he won't get negative points until he breaks a rule, but some people come here and insult other people purely because this person replied to a topic, like you did yesterday.
It doesn't make you any more of a fan insulting other people for nothing.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2006, 10:14:56 AM »

can't you read? he's implied several times, including in the post before his last, that certain people are not really fans by putting fans in these "", ok? that pisses me off, and i just wanted to address it, as that's my right. stay out of this and take your own reading advice before getting involved next time.

i can only see one mention of "fans"...and youve taken it the wrong way...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 10:15:31 AM »

Dude, can't you read? It's called "karma" feature, not "hardcoreness" feature. He never said you were less of a Gn'R fan! You are the one implying that the more negative points you have, the less of a fan you are. Go back to the very first post in this thread and read it.?

can't you read? he's implied several times, including the post before his last, that certain people are not really fans by putting fans in these "", ok? that pisses me off, and i just wanted to address it, as that's my right. stay out of this and take your own reading advice before getting involved next time.

I can read very well, thank you. And I did read what he said, but YOU didn't get my point. I said that the Karma feature had nothing to do with how much of a Gn'R fan you are. If one has just discovered Gn'R and signs up to the board, he won't get negative points until he breaks a rule, but some people come here and insult other people purely because this person replied to a topic, like you did yesterday.

i responded to him, i didn't insult him. but whatever, alright? i'm sick of arguing. if you seen his post, then why would you say it had nothing to do with this thread? Roll Eyes

i can only see one mention of "fans"...and youve taken it the wrong way...

he said it in another thread too, but i'm not gonna sit here and argue anymore. i've made my point.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »

i responded to him, i didn't insult him. but whatever, alright? i'm sick of arguing. if you seen his post, then why would you say it had nothing to do with this thread? Roll Eyes

You are sick of arguing? That's new!

Yeah, well, you know what you said, and you are not making any sense. Say what you want, I'm outta here, I'm the one sick of arguing now.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2006, 10:21:20 AM »

You are sick of arguing? That's new!

Yeah, well, you know what you said, and you are not making any sense. Say what you want, I'm outta here, I'm the one sick of arguing now.

rofl

ok then Roll Eyes

don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »

Speed-stone, I get what your point is.  But I don't think the quotes were meant to imply that rule-breakers weren't fans.  I think he probably just said "fans" for lack of a better word....or maybe in place of a much less kind word.

Jarmo - I hope you are prepared for at least half a dozen threads in the next 6 months about ideas of how to earn positive points.  You know its coming...how about points based on post count, or maybe mods could give points if you really say something brilliant, or maybe we could vote once a week and the "poster of the week" gets 3 karma points....

Seriously, if the karma thing helps Jarmo and the mods do their job, its fine with me.  I don't expect to be affected by it, since I try to think before I post, or even speak for that matter.  (I'm a pretty quiet person)
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »

Speed-stone, I get what your point is.? But I don't think the quotes were meant to imply that rule-breakers weren't fans.? I think he probably just said "fans" for lack of a better word....or maybe in place of a much less kind word.

yes, but some people will take offense to the fact that he implies that we are not fans. nothing could be more insulting to me, being a hardcore fan since 1990. he should refrain from it. that being said, i'm not gonna argue anymore, obviously he don't see my point, as i have pm'ed him about it before too. glad you got my point.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 10:45:47 AM »

I apologize, but does anyone else see the humor of people arguing in the "Karma" thread?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »

I apologize, but does anyone else see the humor of people arguing in the "Karma" thread?

no.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »

Stop posting pointless one word answers.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »

Stop posting pointless one word answers.

he asked a question! it wasn't that much to elaborate on! jesus!

and thanks for that karma point, i hope it made you feel important.

getting banned for answering questions now. laughable.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:59:23 AM by speed-stone » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2006, 11:01:46 AM »

It was pretty rhetorical.

You're just being anal and repetitive.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »

If you only can get negative karma, I think it brings a negative vibe over the whole thing.

i agree with this, why not let users add their own positive points? it would lead to some abuse yes, but so does the current system. at least then good posts could have their props, if we're going to use this "karma" thing anyway.

It was pretty rhetorical.

You're just being anal and repetitive.

funny. oh i'm sorry, was that a one word answer? maybe i should drag it out with pointless drivel like this?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:32:22 AM by speed-stone » Logged

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2006, 11:31:02 AM »

do you also see the humour of new people coming here and seeing everyone has negative or zero karma? hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »

Yep, the'll come here and think these people must be a collection of morons and assholes. Than they will read a few threads and that will confirm their suspicions.

Its a good start. Like anything new it will have to work some bugs out. Nobody is being unfairly targeted, I dont think. Hell if D, SLC, and myself have a 0 count, thats proof positive that they arent just looking to slam people.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »

Quote from: speed-stone link=topic=29482.msg561544#
i agree with this, why not let users add their own positive points? it would lead to some abuse yes, but so does the current system. at least then good posts could have their props, if we're going to use this "karma" thing anyway.

This isn't a popularity contest, this is just so we can keep up track so we know when and why to ban you.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »

Here is some advice: Don't get so upset at the drop of the hat.

I couldn't imagine "Getting angry" over something so trivial.

yes, but some people will take offense to the fact that he implies that we are not fans. nothing could be more insulting to me, being a hardcore fan since 1990. he should refrain from it. that being said, i'm not gonna argue anymore, obviously he don't see my point, as i have pm'ed him about it before too. glad you got my point.

Nobody should take "offense" because it has already been explained to you what the quotes mean. Anybody who gets offended at this point, does so out of choice.

getting banned for answering questions now. laughable.

"Somebody" does not get it..........

This isn't a popularity contest, this is just so we can keep up track so we know when and why to ban you.

This is about as clear as it can get. If you were smart you would read that and understand why you now have a neg 3 karma rating. Pushing you closer to the ban button. I suppose nobody has accused you of being smart though............
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:58:50 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2006, 01:29:26 PM »

Be careful SLC. Big Brother is watching.

Karma Chamelion.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: