Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!  (Read 67911 times)
lastroots
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2004, 07:15:32 AM »

ok, this seems to be about GH, but apart from that I don't understand anything...

/lastroots
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2004, 07:22:08 AM »

It's writen about us, that we Guns and Roses fans dont want The greatest Hits release. Portal ONET is the Biggest and the best Portal in Poland.

Sorry for my english.

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2004, 07:30:50 AM »

it's ok guys, im gonna translate, i took 5 years of polish.......oh wait , i did not.
i think they're talking about guns n roses, not sure .

Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2004, 08:11:29 AM »

Poltran Translation:

Bad hits  Guns N'Roses

They do not want fans of groups he (its; his; it) biggest hit Guns N'Roses składanki. This album has not gained they (their) opinion (sentence) approvement of leader of band -  Axl Rose.

Apologists of (followers of) groups protest on its (her) devoted internet forum, because they consider selection of work on plate (disc) titled bad working " " Greatest Hits and for whole creation completely not representative Guns N'Roses. It does not please memorial < they (their) > also, that composition will hit on round no unpublish earlier bandu. They accuse concern for continuous delays in edition (issue) first-night " " longplaya Chinese Democracy Universal Music for message (knowledge) - not accepting (catch on), that plant waiting for new material of formation still and moment of its (his) appearance removes without personal blame.

They let's remember,The tracklisting for Guns 'n' Roses 'Greatest Hits' is:
 " " Welcome The Jungle, " " Live And Let Die, he (it) " ' " Knockin Heaven's Door, about " ' " Sweet Child Mine, " " November Rain, " " Patience, " city " Paradise, " " Civil War, " " You Could Be Mine, " don ( ) " Cry Original Version, " " Yesterdays, " ain " It Fun, " Since and don " Have You and " " Sympathy For The Devil.

Album will appear in sale 22 march, though it was expected year in november 2003 already. Lat (summer; year) is said about from eight " " Chinese Democracy.

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2004, 08:39:05 AM »

It's the same stuff that was at that Australian site.

They found out about our petition...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2004, 09:15:40 AM »

like i said all the tracks are single releases so that means that 25% of GNR singles were covers and nobodys ever moaned about that before i personally will be buying this album like many of the diehards here i aint happy about it but it is part of an official release that needs to go in the collection

If it was a singles collection why is KOHD on there?

And were are The Garden and the Garden of Eden

It looks as if this tracklist was put together at random...........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2004, 09:44:38 AM »

Greatest Hits is something that a record compagny releases when all is over, like a "good bye". It is a good bye. Axl had many occasions to release it, Rio 3 for exemple. I still think that if the album were released close to the VMA 2002 with all the exitation and the surprise, it would have sold HUGELY. Even if the performance sucked, in fact something happened, people were really exited. I don't even think they listened to the performance when it happened, they just watched Axl with big eyes like "he is on stage, he is back!". look at their face, they were just blown away.....they were HAPPY.
But this is already THE PAST, more than 1 year and a half pasted, a non-tour, riots, and finally cancelled. Geffen has continued to inject money, but still no  album.
Here is what I think: GEFFEN seems fed-up with the whole thing. They have lost million and million $$$ with the whole thing for the last 10 years. FOR GEFFEN IT'S ENOUGHT. enought time, enought money, enought promizes, enought all. They want their money back and they want it NOW. That's why they expect to release the Greatest Hits album. More than an ultimatum, it would be a desaster, an humiliation for Axl and all the work he has done for about 10 years now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 10:04:27 AM by rocktar81 » Logged
madagas
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2004, 10:00:12 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2004, 10:04:38 AM »

ENOUGHT with spelling enough wrong.

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2004, 10:41:33 AM »

Greatest Hits is something that a record compagny releases when all is over, like a "good bye". It is a good bye. Axl had many occasions to release it, Rio 3 for exemple. I still think that if the album were released close to the VMA 2002 with all the exitation and the surprise, it would have sold HUGELY. Even if the performance sucked, in fact something happened, people were really exited. I don't even think they listened to the performance when it happened, they just watched Axl with big eyes like "he is on stage, he is back!". look at their face, they were just blown away.....they were HAPPY.
But this is already THE PAST, more than 1 year and a half pasted, a non-tour, riots, and finally cancelled. Geffen has continued to inject money, but still no  album.
Here is what I think: GEFFEN seems fed-up with the whole thing. They have lost million and million $$$ with the whole thing for the last 10 years. FOR GEFFEN IT'S ENOUGHT. enought time, enought money, enought promizes, enought all. They want their money back and they want it NOW. That's why they expect to release the Greatest Hits album. More than an ultimatum, it would be a desaster, an humiliation for Axl and all the work he has done for about 10 years now.
Whatever. Some bands have released several greatest hits albums while at their prime. The Who, Elton John, the list could go on and on.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2004, 10:42:06 AM »

Greatest Hits is something that a record compagny releases when all is over, like a "good bye". It is a good bye.

There's no fucking way you can actually believe that.  "Greatest Hits" is something that a record company releases to make a quick buck and to fullfill contract obligations.  They should only exist as a "good-bye" to bands that had a LOT of hits and a LOT of albums.

This isn't the end of Gn'R... it's just another reason why we won't get CD any time "soon".  

BTW, Guns N' Roses doesn't deserve to have a Greatest Hits.  You can get their 3 CDs for maybe $5 more than buying a shiny new GH.  They don't have enough material, I don't know where some of you come up with this "Double Disc Greatest Hits" garbage.
anythinggoes
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2004, 10:59:43 AM »

like i said all the tracks are single releases so that means that 25% of GNR singles were covers and nobodys ever moaned about that before i personally will be buying this album like many of the diehards here i aint happy about it but it is part of an official release that needs to go in the collection

If it was a singles collection why is KOHD on there?

KOHD was a single ive got it kike many other people, Garden of eden was a video single and the garden as far as i know was never a single just a video

And were are The Garden and the Garden of Eden

It looks as if this tracklist was put together at random...........
Montrealer
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2004, 11:11:11 AM »

Hi guys, first let me say hi as this is my first post here.
I finally decide to post here.

Just want to let you know that a few minutes ago I heard a publicity for the GH CD on radioenergie in Montreal.  (www.radioenergie.com).

This was a regular publicity, nothing great.  Just a voice talking about  the GNR GH track (same as on the net), released date (didn't catch it) and the price of the album.

Just want to let you know about it.

But the cool thing is that the host said that she could't wait to buy it and she talked a little bit about the new GNR in a positive way.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2004, 11:31:02 AM »

Welcome Yanz.

You mean it was something done by the radiostation telling people the GH was coming and not a commercial done by the record company?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Montrealer
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2004, 11:48:38 AM »

Welcome Yanz.

You mean it was something done by the radiostation telling people the GH was coming and not a commercial done by the record company?

/jarmo

Sounds like it. The best way to describe it is a car dealer commercial!  You know when they hired someone at the station to do the publicity for them, well it was exactly like it.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2004, 11:53:11 AM »

Maybe it's RCA Records that has a deal with Universal for promoting Velvet Revolver?  hihi

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2004, 12:04:51 PM »

thats the artwork:

pretty fuckin lame
i found it here

http://www.rockview.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=236

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
duga
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2004, 01:57:24 PM »

thats the artwork:

pretty fuckin lame
i found it here

http://www.rockview.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=236

I think it looks very good!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2004, 02:37:03 PM »

Are people opposed to a GH categorically or is it the lame tracklist that is the issue?

With a good tracklist, maybe a bonus track even i would get it - its just a GH with 14 tracks and 5 covers that really annoys me...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
duga
VIP

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2004, 02:53:51 PM »

Are people opposed to a GH categorically or is it the lame tracklist that is the issue?

With a good tracklist, maybe a bonus track even i would get it - its just a GH with 14 tracks and 5 covers that really annoys me...

Remastered songs and one unreleased track (Crash Diet) and I would've bought it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: