Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:45:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Advice to Fans Going to New York Shows
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice to Fans Going to New York Shows  (Read 8451 times)
ben9785
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

yeah, i can just see it now

"hey. hey can i get your attention please, yeah, that's the right, the 500 or so lot of you down here on the moshpit here alongside me, yeah you guys right here, could you lot of drunken, rowdy, overexcited, overenthusiastic, adrenaline fuelled, blinded, violent, aggressive GUNS AND ROSES fans kindly shut the fuck up and stop singing along and screaming so i can listen to my bootleg at home without all your voices in it? yeah thats right, fucking hell you alot, you'd think you were out to have fun at a rock concert or something like that...yeah..HAH"

and here's my advice to you.

"run. fast."
fif
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 08:03:40 PM »

If I had one complaint from Friday night it is with some members of the crowd.  If you were there you know the ones I'm talking about.  The ones who stood there with their arms crossed with not so much as a headbob during the entire show.  I really thought they took away from the atmosphere.  Maybe that's the way you like to enjoy the concert and that's fine.  However, I suspect, as is likely the case, these were "Greatest Hits" fans and thought they'd go see a band who they enjoy 2 or 3 songs by.  I was getting very annoyed with these people as the concert wore on and they continued to stand there right in the middle of the floor.  Next time you go to a concert learn the band's material.  That was the one thing that disappointed me Friday.
ben9785
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »

If I had one complaint from Friday night it is with some members of the crowd.? If you were there you know the ones I'm talking about.? The ones who stood there with their arms crossed with not so much as a headbob during the entire show.? I really thought they took away from the atmosphere.? Maybe that's the way you like to enjoy the concert and that's fine.? However, I suspect, as is likely the case, these were "Greatest Hits" fans and thought they'd go see a band who they enjoy 2 or 3 songs by.? I was getting very annoyed with these people as the concert wore on and they continued to stand there right in the middle of the floor.? Next time you go to a concert learn the band's material.? That was the one thing that disappointed me Friday.

Oh yeah man, you're always gonna get people like that at shows. It does such that people like that are out there on the floor when there are probably hardcore fans up in the rafters or whatever who have to make do with what they have. I dunno if it's just because these people don't know all the songs, or if they're tired, or if they're too drunk or high to move, or if they're too cool to be seen dancing or whatever, or if they have some sort of physical disability..ok that doesnt answer for much, but I do see these people all the time at concerts and it does suck
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2006, 08:11:52 PM »

Or some people just do not like to sing a long or move a lot and like to watch and listen. Just because they arent acting like 12 year old girls doesn't make them less fan than we are.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ben9785
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »

Or some people just do not like to sing a long or move a lot and like to watch and listen. Just because they arent acting like 12 year old girls doesn't make them less fan than we are.
Yeah okay that's probably a much more reasonable explanation, but I never understood how people like this just don't get anything from the atmosphere, or don't get excited. I don't exactly go jumping around people or screaming my lungs out but I headbang a bit at least just because I can't help it..i dunno...it's a concert..don't people get excited by the feeling..anyway i dunno. each to their own i guess
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 05:45:33 AM »

Scott Weiland Bashing Festival  Shocked whens that then ??  beer

Ticket Master has that one TBA.. Rumours are it'll be held at AxlFinks house and will cost $1.50 per ticket.

On topic: As for the OP, pretty much all the beatdowns and name calling I woulda said has already been said. But I still dare you to repeat your views at the show so we can find out how fast you can run.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
makane
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 07:51:14 AM »

Sing along a loud as you can, but don't sing if you're bootleggin it (not cool).

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »

i remember Axl during the UYI tour-i think, got really pissed off at people in the front coz they werent singing along with him. he said they were standing there with their hands crossed like they were there to judge him. so if you dont want axl to walk out of the gig please sing along. beer

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »

About the singing on the concert, besides the music, the most beautiful thing you can hear is the people singing along to any song...? I'm sure Axl loves to hear people loud, he has said it before.
If the soundboard boot comes out you'll "see" it's fun to hear the crowd too.

peace

Exactly right. For me Nov Rain is kinda played out. But to hear people in 2002 MSG singing along with every word made it very cool to hear.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Please dont sing along.  Sing in your car and your shower, but Axl has enough mic problems as is and people are going to the concert/bling them and people dont want to hear your idiotic drunken renditions of November Rain.  Im going to the last show and if I cant hear Axl singing cause drunken idiots are singing the wrong lyrics to Patience im going to be furious.
dude i was screaming my fucking head off with everyone else around me and i could still could hear axl perfect. HE SOUNDED FUCKING AWESOME BETTER KICKED ASS!!!! Nightrain was sweet too. NR WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!And bach on stage with axl words cant fucking describe how good no fucking AMAZING and awesome this show was. i got home at 5am. The only thing you shouldnt do is be a dick and mosh run into people.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: