Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  your say on INTERNET dating
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: your say on INTERNET dating  (Read 16888 times)
badapple81
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 09:11:22 AM »

Best thing is, she couldn't see D's mullet online  hihi
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »

A friend of mine (who is 41 ) got chatting to a bloke on the internet and had now Divroced her husband and has bought a house with this bloke and has as of last monday moved in with him having never previously meet him until the day they moved into the property no,I know she seems? happy at the moment But i fear it will all end? in tears i mean she really dosn't know anything about him

I hardly knew my hubbie when we moved in together. I met him and moved in the next day. What can you say, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be? ok And to be perfectly clear: been together for 6 years and still going strong? peace So, Sweets, there is hope......

I hope so for her sake,She aready had enough crap in her life to deal with

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
godiva
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »

I hardly knew my hubbie when we moved in together. I met him and moved in the next day. What can you say, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be  ok And to be perfectly clear: been together for 6 years and still going strong  peace So, Sweets, there is hope......

say what?

and I thought we were fast

I think it was three weeks before we moved together

Well, I won  hihi
Tedjuh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

My say on internet dating...

The internet is a nice way to get to "know" people. It's a headstart when you get to see each other for the first time. You know what the person in front of you is about and you're not prejudiced on looks. Good looks aren't everything, though 80% of the bar/ disco-scene where you are supposed to meet somebody seems to rely on it. But in the end, you have to live with someones character. Go figure Smiley.

Met my gf at a site for catholics. Catholics are hard to find in the city where I live but I wanted to stay in touch with my beliefs. Hang out with people who have the same beliefs. My gf and I seemed to like each other more than average and took the big plunge. Never regretted it, never will.

Search and you won't find. Let it happen.. and it happens Smiley.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 08:11:55 PM »

I met my current fiance through http://hotornot.com

We met in July and got engaged in March, we'll be married without 10 months.

I think it's a great way to go.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 08:27:39 PM »

No way!? Hotornot.com - really?!

What's her average score?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 08:34:21 PM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 12:30:07 AM »

Well I wouldn't do it, but I think everyone is a serial killer. 

I have a friend who met someone through eHarmony and so far its going well, but they've only been together about 10 months so who knows.  Anyway, I hope it works out for her because her biological clock is ticking so loud I can hear it from my house. 

It seems like when she was looking, she got more serious responses from the pay sites rather than free ones. 
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 12:36:27 AM »

I never done it but it can be an easy way to meet someone with similar interests in your area. I don't get dating someone halfway across the world, though.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 02:40:46 AM »

Well I wouldn't do it, but I think everyone is a serial killer.?

I have a friend who met someone through eHarmony and so far its going well, but they've only been together about 10 months so who knows.? Anyway, I hope it works out for her because her biological clock is ticking so loud I can hear it from my house.?

It seems like when she was looking, she got more serious responses from the pay sites rather than free ones.?

That's true, there have been few sick people I've met.

It was like sleeping with a black widow.

Thorned_Rose
what was her score? I never comment on anyone under 8.6 (that's my score on a similar site) hihi

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »

its a crapshoot, you can really like someone online and hate them in person, or just meet someone for the hell of it and it works
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 09:00:39 PM »

yah, some people get caught in their own games sometimes.

It's like hate, sometimes, you want to hate someone and when you meet, it's love at first sight.

Nothing to say
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 11:00:36 PM »

I think that the internet is a great way to connect (no pun intended Smiley) and meet new friends, or love interests.

Two years ago, I actually placed a personal ad on the internet.  I was just sick of the club scene and being set up by friends.  It just was not working for me at all. 

A few months later, a wonderful person emailed me, and we exchanged three emails.  We dated for one year, and were married this past December Smiley 

Although one might click online, I definitely believe one should take it to an off line level as soon as possible.

I am sure glad that I am.  We'll be celebrating our fifth month wedding anniversary next week.  Awww... how romantic Smiley  Hehe. 
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 11:25:54 PM »

Congrats Eeebs! That's so cool.  Smiley
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 12:05:30 AM »

Thanks journey... and congrats to you as well for finding someone special via the internet route as well Smiley  Some members of my family tell me to keep in a secret, with regards how we met.  But you know what, who cares?  What difference does it really make in the long run? 

We actually saw VR in Miami Florida on New Year's during our honeymoon.  Hehe.  My guy knows what I like! Smiley 
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 12:19:14 AM »

Thanks Eeebs.

It's a blessing to find someone you truly connect with, regardless of how you found each other.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 04:49:17 AM »

Gunner Girl is gonna woop my arse!!!

from perth!! love

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 06:16:49 AM »

I can't believe that poster above met their partner on hotornot!

In the old ICQ days I met a girl, travelled up to Brisbane straight out of high school to meet! She was hot! 6 years later we are still friends and chat quite a bit and will meet up as friends next time I go up or vice versa.

I've met other girls off the net as well, but the one I just mentioned was the most memorable in terms of love.

I think it is really cool and unique to really connect over the net without that physical judgement etc.

The only issue I have, is that I tend to really fall head over heals initially and think I'm really in love etc. but I just get caught up in the whole infactuation thing. I'd really like to get to know the girl that I'm going to settle down with, gradually, and get to know them slowly and fall in love with them through spending time with them. I think with the internet, you meet someone you have already fallen for and really miss that part. Although it might work for other people.

Since being single I have been chatting to one or two ladies and I certainly would do it again, just try and take it nice and slowly. It's really cool to click with someone and have those long chats that seem to last forever when you really find someone that's on your wavelength.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 06:52:45 AM »

You can fool anyone else, but you can't fool me.

If a girl would tell you she needs to get laid, you'd be there at once.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
badapple81
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 08:16:51 AM »

You can fool anyone else, but you can't fool me.

If a girl would tell you she needs to get laid, you'd be there at once.

Yes but just getting laid is a different story  hihi
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »

Internet dating isn't exactly my thing either... but it is an easy way to meet people if you're a little shy.? I know alot of couples who have met through Internet dating services.? ?yes

Really I can't blame D for kissing her gf ass.

Frankly she makes me feel uneasy.

I don't know why.

Anyway here's a pic D sent me on msn asking "Dude is she hot or what!?"

I'd fuck her...? ?D, do you share???

hihi

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: