Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 07:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who met dickheads at the concert who couldn't keep their mouths shut
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who met dickheads at the concert who couldn't keep their mouths shut  (Read 8443 times)
NiGhTrAiN?
Headliner

Where's my Geritol? I need some Ensure

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2006, 03:28:19 PM »

I had someone ask me who was in the band first, Izzy or Gilby on Friday night.? I uttered Izzy as I was in shock to be at a GNR concert and hearing a question like that.

You're an obsessive fan just like the rest of us, don't act like an elite prick to the casual fans.

Agreed. Has anyone here ever been to a fucking concert and didn't know the history of the band that was on stage? Come on guys....

No never. And if ever do and yell 'you suck get off stage' tryin to spoil other ppl's once in life opportunity to see their fav band please kick me outta there
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »

Yea when they came out i was thinking whose that guy lol. I recognized bumblefoot but not finck.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »

I had the unfortunate experience of being next to people with big mouths who had no idea about the current GN'R.? Last night I had a guy who kept asking me if the new songs were on the new CD (how dumb can you be) and kept yelling out "play the old stuff".? Sunday I had a guy who thought it cool to yell out "You suck" when Robin and Richard were doing a lil duet.? I promptly told him to shut the fuck up or I'd knock him out; he obliged to my request and didn't say another word.? Mike Giuliana and I had this discussion at Musthang Harry's about how common it would be for people to be clueless about the lineup.? I didn't think it was possible, I mean who would blow 70$ and be able to get these tickets (they sold out in 2 mins) without having any idea what Guns has been doing the past 10 years.? So, to all of you who were at the shows, how many people around you didn't know anything about the current GN'R and what were there reactions?

I don't blame you for confronting him. If people are going to shout out rude comments then they shouldn't bothering being there in the first place.
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 04:04:22 PM »

I had the unfortunate experience of being next to people with big mouths who had no idea about the current GN'R.? Last night I had a guy who kept asking me if the new songs were on the new CD (how dumb can you be) and kept yelling out "play the old stuff".? Sunday I had a guy who thought it cool to yell out "You suck" when Robin and Richard were doing a lil duet.? I promptly told him to shut the fuck up or I'd knock him out; he obliged to my request and didn't say another word.? Mike Giuliana and I had this discussion at Musthang Harry's about how common it would be for people to be clueless about the lineup.? I didn't think it was possible, I mean who would blow 70$ and be able to get these tickets (they sold out in 2 mins) without having any idea what Guns has been doing the past 10 years.? So, to all of you who were at the shows, how many people around you didn't know anything about the current GN'R and what were there reactions?

Typical, New Yorker bullshit...good for you, if you call these people out most will shut up. They are for the most part all bark and no bite.

Most of those people got tix from scalpers, by the way.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

Typical, New Yorker bullshit...good for you, if you call these people out most will shut up. They are for the most part all bark and no bite.

Take it easy with the New York bashing, tough guy.  Talk about "all bark and no bite" - you dis 8 million people you don't know from the safety of your computer.  Look, all cities, including New York and your hometown, have theire share of assholes.  But the vast majority of us New Yorkers at the shows had a great time without antagonizing the band or other fans. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2006, 04:31:04 PM »

EVERYONE I met, talked to about the shows was just pyched to be there - and I met/talked to A LOT of people.  The funniest comment came from my friend actually:

About 4 songs into the show he turns to me while Axl is on the main part of the stage in the center, the part that sticks out a bit and says with total sincerity, "Who is that guy!??!?!"

Me and my other friend who was next to him look at each other and at the same time yell "Thats Axl you idiot!" hahah.

My confused friend was also at the 02 show.  I don't think not knowing EVERY new detail about the band is a prerequisite to getting a ticket - people LOVE GNR songs, thats all there is too it.  Not everyone spends every waking moment reading about GNR on the internet.

but i would be annoyed too if someone was next to me screaming negative comments and trying to antagonize the band or the crowd.  Its like going to a ball game with someone who doesn't care about either team but is just there to push buttons. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2006, 04:37:02 PM »

So were the people who didn't know the lineup &/or expecting to the Slash & the UYI guys, were they older fans (ie. Me, haha) thinking it was 1993, or younger fans who have WTTJ & SCOM on their Ipod?? or both.

The clueless guys fighting about Madagascar were about 25 years old, I would say.

1/2 of you wants to turn and answer for them
1/2 of you wants to ignore them

and if there was another 1/2 it'd want to turn around and slap them silly
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2006, 04:38:58 PM »

EVERYONE I met, talked to about the shows was just pyched to be there - and I met/talked to A LOT of people.  The funniest comment came from my friend actually:

About 4 songs into the show he turns to me while Axl is on the main part of the stage in the center, the part that sticks out a bit and says with total sincerity, "Who is that guy!??!?!"

Me and my other friend who was next to him look at each other and at the same time yell "Thats Axl you idiot!" hahah.

My confused friend was also at the 02 show.  I don't think not knowing EVERY new detail about the band is a prerequisite to getting a ticket - people LOVE GNR songs, thats all there is too it.  Not everyone spends every waking moment reading about GNR on the internet.

but i would be annoyed too if someone was next to me screaming negative comments and trying to antagonize the band or the crowd.  Its like going to a ball game with someone who doesn't care about either team but is just there to push buttons. 

"Whats your real name?"  rofl  beer
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2006, 04:49:26 PM »

The funniest comment came from my friend actually:

You're joking abouot this part, right??
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »

Take it easy with the New York bashing, tough guy.? Talk about "all bark and no bite" - you dis 8 million people you don't know from the safety of your computer.? Look, all cities, including New York and your hometown, have theire share of assholes.? But the vast majority of us New Yorkers at the shows had a great time without antagonizing the band or other fans.?

That's assuming most people at the shows were from NYC to begin with.  Hell, most - if not all - of the people I talked to had traveled into the city for the show on the 12th.  The few New Yorkers I do remember talking to with very cool and accomodating to us tourists...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2006, 07:08:06 PM »

The funniest comment came from my friend actually:

You're joking abouot this part, right??

I wish I were Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2006, 07:08:56 PM »

"Whats your real name?"  rofl  beer

hehehe that was funny.  I didn't hear him the first time Wink  ok

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: