Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumour: Guns Down Under
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumour: Guns Down Under  (Read 25043 times)
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »

does any Aussies remember how the promoters & GNR fucked over fans at the Melbourne 1993 concert. I remember it being all over the news & i know someone who was there I can explain in more detail some tiome if ppl are interested but i just wanted to see if other aussies particulary melbourne fans if they remembered

I went to that concert and to me it was the coolest thing ever. I do remember a bunch of stuff on the news the next day - like girls saying they were forced to urinate while peeople watched due to lack of facilities, and like people complaining about bottles of water at insane prices. I cant speak about the toilet issue - but i rememebr at the time thinking like - duh - of course prices are gunna be maxed - its no different to going to the royal melboure show or some other public event - u dont expect cheap food.

I also rememebr the drama with the bus system to take people from the venue back to the city. Me and my mate waited for hours...but hell that just added to the atmosphere in a way.....

Awesome show....hope they come back!!!
Megaguns
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »

hey guys, im an aussie to, all the way down in hobart, never seen Gn'R live but if they come to australia i'll find a way of going there, its my dream to see them live, never have before Sad
Im in hobart too man...    ok
yibbida
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »

someone should call the big promoters and find out if they are talking about doing it, otherwise Lets' start a partition to get this thing to happen.
badapple81
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006, 06:51:22 PM »

someone should call the big promoters and find out if they are talking about doing it, otherwise Lets' start a partition to get this thing to happen.

I'm awaiting for some news from Frontier Touring, I'm expecting a response today  ok
ben9785
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006, 06:56:13 PM »

I'm awaiting for some news from Frontier Touring, I'm expecting a response today? ok

Good work, thanks for your effort mate

Great to see there are still the loyal Axl / GNR fans no matter what has happened in the past

I look forward perhaps to seeing some of you guys and sharing the experience when GNR return

And hopefully they play a modest venue so we can try to meet them out the back hey Wink
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006, 07:02:56 PM »

Put me down as a loyal Aussie fan too  ok

I'd love it if they came here soon, but I don't think it will happen...only time will tell I guess.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006, 07:34:28 PM »

does any Aussies remember how the promoters & GNR fucked over fans at the Melbourne 1993 concert. I remember it being all over the news & i know someone who was there I can explain in more detail some tiome if ppl are interested but i just wanted to see if other aussies particulary melbourne fans if they remembered

I went to that concert and to me it was the coolest thing ever. I do remember a bunch of stuff on the news the next day - like girls saying they were forced to urinate while peeople watched due to lack of facilities, and like people complaining about bottles of water at insane prices. I cant speak about the toilet issue - but i rememebr at the time thinking like - duh - of course prices are gunna be maxed - its no different to going to the royal melboure show or some other public event - u dont expect cheap food.

I also rememebr the drama with the bus system to take people from the venue back to the city. Me and my mate waited for hours...but hell that just added to the atmosphere in a way.....

Was the venue far out from the city?

In Sydney they had the show at the fucking Eastern Creek raceway which is ages away from the CBD.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »

In Sydney they had the show at the fucking Eastern Creek raceway which is ages away from the CBD.

Yeah, but only 10 minutes down the road for all us westy's! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »

I reckon - Eastern Creek my ass.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 08:30:16 PM »

Please come to New Zealand!  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:27 PM »

Another Aussie fan from Melbourne.

Like just about everyone else I was 7 when they toured in 93! What a shame.

But I'm gonna see them twice in England this year!  Grin

Hope the rumours of them coming down are true!

Don't think it would be Big Day Out related though as the Chilli's are supposed to be headlining it this time.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:37:19 PM by Ducks » Logged

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Chief
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2006, 11:57:46 PM »

I Really hope this happens. i think As many people as possible need to see these guys now!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2006, 04:33:36 AM »

Hey..yep im from Aus as well..Victoria.. beer   I didnt get to see guns in 93 but i saw VR last year..AWESOME, but i need to see Axl live as well. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
badapple81
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2006, 06:34:17 AM »

Nothing good to report I'm afraid. Frontier Touring would most likely bring them here and I emailed them, they said there are no plans to bring them here. It's worth while noting that quite some time before VR was announced, they were quite forthcoming with their response and openly admitted that I should keep checking back any time now. And before that they hinted that there were plans. So when they say nothing is planned, I believe it.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2006, 10:22:05 PM »

Yeah its a fair way - but I guess its all in where you live in Melbourne. It was miles for me - but I'd do it again in a second!! LOL. I just tried to get the exact location for you - and discovered the venue still talks about the GNR show on their website - pretty cool for 13 years ago LOL

http://www.motorsport.com.au/history_entertainment.htm

eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2006, 01:24:52 AM »

Cool i guess it wasnt as bad as they said

I remember the deal about ppl having a hard time making it back home from it

Theres one story my brothers friends dad went & i remember a story how heaps of guys were queing to go to the toliet just to get a drink from the tap coz it was so hot & they had no money for water. Some guys went & drank from teh toliet bowl they were so desperate apparently  Shocked
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2006, 12:57:52 AM »

Anyone get a reply yet from any radio stations?
I emailed the station that made the original comment of GN'R in OZ but no reply and its been like 5 days since I emailed em.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2006, 02:27:54 AM »

have you guys heard the new tracks on Triple J, i havnt but some of my mates have Shocked Shocked

useless pricks dont know the song titles they played, i imagin' it would have been Better or IRS Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2006, 02:48:56 AM »

have you guys heard the new tracks on Triple J, i havnt but some of my mates have Shocked Shocked

useless pricks dont know the song titles they played, i imagin' it would have been Better or IRS Huh

Yea, Im sure it was. Maybe I should give Triple J a call ... one moment.

Fuck, they dont have an inquiries number. I registered an account and posted a thread about it on their Song Q+A board (thread should appear soon). Just asked if they have been playing new GnR songs and if anyone can remember the titles.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:58:50 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
Megaguns
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2006, 03:08:04 AM »

Why doesnt someone email richard fortus and ask about an australian tour? Hes been known to answer emails, and maybe now he will reply to gnr questions.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: