Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:26:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Adam Bomb talks to Izzy about GNR reunion ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adam Bomb talks to Izzy about GNR reunion ???  (Read 12497 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 04:36:58 AM »

if their ever gonna be the biggest band in the world again, they need the orignal members, not every guns n roses fan is happy about "nu guns"

What a bunch of horseshit. Just wait till they get some albums out.

the old band sold because the world took notice, even if the new band sells (which they will) it's going to also be because of the huge following that already exists.. So you could take tommy robin dizzy and brain and switch them next week, then release the album and it would still do the same because of the old fans and the primary focus is gnr and axl rose..

How much sales are because of how good the music is is different then how many sales from what the name is and axl rose the media that flocks around him..

Just for the band's sake to see on their own how they would have done a new name would have revealed everything,... Not in anyone's shadows, just a band trying to make it...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 06:53:10 AM »

if their ever gonna be the biggest band in the world again, they need the orignal members, not every guns n roses fan is happy about "nu guns"

if your not happy with the nu-guns then please feel free to leave the forum.. i prefer the old guns cos i grew up with the music but i still support the band.

ps- they still are the biggest band in the world...where have you been hiding! Grin

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »

So you could take tommy robin dizzy and brain and switch them next week, then release the album and it would still do the same because of the old fans and the primary focus is gnr and axl rose..
If the real GNR members came back, the album would sell a lot more.

I hope there will be a reunion as soon as possible...

It's possible because the Slash/Duff vs. Axl case has been dismissed, so the people who said "there are suing each other and you still think there's going to be a reunion?" have less arguments now. Smiley

I'm a GNR fan, I like Axl, but I hate cover bands.

I'll download it !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 07:20:34 AM »

So you could take tommy robin dizzy and brain and switch them next week, then release the album and it would still do the same because of the old fans and the primary focus is gnr and axl rose..

It's possible because the Slash/Duff vs. Axl case has been dismissed, so the people who said "there are suing each other and you still think there's going to be a reunion?" have less arguments now. Smiley

dude get over it  Roll Eyes  the band is out there kicking ass right now without Slash/Duff and those two are not missed at all not one bit.  yes
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 07:23:19 AM »

dude get over it? Roll Eyes? the band is out there kicking ass right now without Slash/Duff and those two are not missed at all not one bit.? yes

perhaps you and a few others dont miss them, but when most of the world think Guns, they think Axl and Slash.

things are going great right now, and I cant wait to hear this album, but seeing him up there without the real Guns makes me miss the old band even more

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 07:33:52 AM »

Axls_Disillusion/Jim Bob... Roll Eyes

I don't talk to people like you.

I'll download it !
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »

Whenever a reunion is mentioned, it's talked about as something permanent. I highly doubt this would be the case. I think a reunion, in GN'R's case would be comprised of a series of live concerts (or maybe only just a couple of shows in big cities) and then that's it, because even though money might be able to motivate you to rehearse some pre-existing songs and play them live a few times, it's not going to buy you the chemistry you need to work together full time again. If the original GN'R got back together again, it would probably just be a ticking bomb.

But I'm not betting my money on a reunion any time soon, and frankly, at this point, I wouldn't want one.

I agree completely, a reunion would likely be a few ad hoc shows. And more and more, perhaps a reunion is not even desired.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 08:28:29 AM »

i bet their are millions of Gnr fans that don't use internet boards, if u went to some of these people and asked to name members of the band, they would say slash, axl etc, just cause 90% of this board is behind the new band doesn't mean every GnR fan!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 10:20:32 AM »

i bet their are millions of Gnr fans that don't use internet boards, if u went to some of these people and asked to name members of the band, they would say slash, axl etc, just cause 90% of this board is behind the new band doesn't mean every GnR fan!
So true ! Some people here see themselves as the the centre of the universe ! There's a world outside this board, boys and girls ! Axl's band is the laughing stock of the rock world ! Nobody respects it.

Even here, I don't think 90% of the members are behind this band. It may give that impression, but the reality is that a lot are afraid to say what they really think about this thing...

Check out some polls on mygnrforum.com : 70 % want Slash as lead guitarist, 15 % want Finck... yes
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 03:11:17 PM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »

Huh Yes I'm the centre of the universe and the world is revolving around me. Didn't you know that?  Huh

now that slash and Duff's claim was dismissed, they, especially Duff might be making some guest appearance at one of the Guns n' Roses concerts. Izzy set a good example as a big guy.  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:27 AM »

dude get over it? Roll Eyes? the band is out there kicking ass right now without Slash/Duff and those two are not missed at all not one bit.? yes

perhaps you and a few others dont miss them, but when most of the world think Guns, they think Axl and Slash.

things are going great right now, and I cant wait to hear this album, but seeing him up there without the real Guns makes me miss the old band even more

that is how I feel... For me it was also because of the very heavy set of old material.... if some were happy the way it is then cool, , it just wasn't my thing hearing so many old tunes without the guys involved in the making of them.. When I heard better I looked at it as a new guns song, I wasn't looking for old members... Just when (I) hear scom, wttj, nr, I have a picture of what way it should be..

Can people at least admit that if the band changed entirely but axl then 4 more dates were at the hammerstein for next month they would all sell out regardless?

Quote from: Mr Rage on Today at 08:28:29 AM
trust me there are I meet people all the time and talk rock, many are clueless but were once gnr fans.. or they say oh is gnr now just axl?? Gnr fans like 30 or over don't follow this like the bible ,sure many know the band broke up, but they also don't acept what is going on.. They say how cna it be guns without the members, how can it be guns with only axl..  I mean isn't it like that with fans of any band??
Damien V
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »

My biggest bitch about a possible Guns N' Roses reunion would be that MTV or VH1 go and take Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Matt and create some kind of reality TV show based around their attempts to provide cohesion to keep the band together... because you know something fucked up like this would happen.
Damien V
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

Also... We do not need a Guns N' Roses version of Metallica's 'rock-umentary' Some Kind Of Monster... although it would be nice to see the personal side of the classic Guns N' Roses line-up, I think it would do more to drive them apart than to keep them together.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »

wouldn't that completly destroy the myth of a making of a GnR album? Huh

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
akggen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2006, 03:08:20 PM »

Just want to share with you guys that I met adler at one of his very first concerts before shit hit the fan in Valencia, Spain. In fact, i got back stage with him and the other guys, sheldon tarsha, Chip Z Nuff....  I don?t deny that he?s obviously fucked up from drugs but I will tell you he was actually an extremely nice guy, really cool and pleasant with everyone there.
During the time I was there with him, 10 minutes or so, he just smoked the odd joint and drank a coke, nothing else.
I think no matter how much Adam Bomb proclaims his innocence as per the metal sludge interview what fucked adler?s tour up recently was adam bomb, a worthless bum who sent adler downhill again, I would bet money on it. I don?t deny that Bomb is probably much better at handling money than adler but he?s also a bum and a manipulator. I think Adler?s situation is probably not the best at the moment. It?s sad cause it seemed he had his shit together one and for all.
Just wanted to let you guys know that Sorum will never have the style or rythim adler had back in the day. He managed to play really well but obviously not like before, but still did a good job. His singer Sheldon Tarsha has a great voice.
 Smiley
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »

^ I really liked steve, he was part of that 80's strip scene that was tons of drug use.. I knind of feel for him too, no one was a saint in gnr back then.. As said he couldn't leave his drugs, well not eevry drug addict can, must had been something biggest band int eh world shit must had been flying in his lap by eevryone.. I couldn't imagine if he was very addicted how it was possible to just quit with all the access he had..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2006, 04:15:46 PM »

Not entirely on topic I know, but Im sure Izzy was very proud of Gn'R and Axl May 17th...

It was probably very moving for him to see the amount of devotion and dedication from us diehard fans to Axl & the Gn'R namesake after all these years in person...

Im sure he viewed the new band as a bit of a cover band, when it came to playing the classics, but he couldnt very well deny from one musician to another, that the new guys cant play the fuck out of the old songs Wink

I just wish he would give comment on what he thinks of Axl's new material, and if he still views the man as the same lyrical genious he was 86-91 peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: