Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The evolution of the 02 songs this summer
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The evolution of the 02 songs this summer  (Read 8366 times)
kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »

chinese democracy - now played with a really cool organ intro, with the main riff jammed out a couple times by itself before the whole song kicks in, sounds a lot cooler to me.

the blues - now more piano driven, starts out with piano as opposed to piano and guitar, continues like that until far into the first verse. again, like it better.

there was a time - the keyboard part sounds different live, everything is a lot heavier and i liked it a lot. live version is ten times better then that demo. shame we dont have a good bootleg of it.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 01:06:24 PM »

i thought madagascare, cd, and twat all sounded "heavier"
the blues sounded better than the 02 version.. but i can't really put my finger on why.. maybe his voice just sounded better
i liked the new versions of all songs much more than the 02 versions..
i would really like to see what the band would do with rhiad or oh my god..
i thought better and irs sounded very similar to the leaks. 
i'm really looking forward to hearing clean versions of the new songs.. we should have some pretty high quality boots from rock in rio.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 01:58:45 PM »

IRS has an extra solo, but I didn't like Axl's vocals. Pretty much every version I heard he fucked up.

Better is almost the same as the demo and Robin and Axl nailed!

TWAT sounded cool (the intro too), but the chorus is with different chords and sounded weird to me. I dunno with a better bootleg, tho. Robin rocked in this song!

Madagascar now has some new guitar work. I couldn't tell who, but seems like there's some extra licks here and there. Also, the song sounds a lot heavier.

The Blues lost the guitar riff, but it sounds way better with Axl's voice now. Robin's solo is slightly different in the end. Richard's outro follow Axl's voice for a bit, then starts to shred.

Chinese Democracy is way better now. The intro sounds good, Robin's guitar tone sounds powerful. There's now some effect (I dunno if its Pittman's keyboard or just Bumble shredding) that sounds really cool.

imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »

For me chinese democracy from rir3 is the best its only missing a really good solo
check this out http://www.sendspace.com/file/dy17gx i enhanced,remastered whatever u wanna call it last week   drool

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 03:11:04 PM »

ive heard the new songs from 02, and after hearing them live on the 15th, id say they sound a hell of a lot better.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

The Blues was always my least favorite song of the 3 '02 new songs. It wasn't that it was bad, I just couldn't get into it... The new version has changed my opinion and I like it better than Maddy now. The new piano intro is great. This is now the song I want to hear the most on CD.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2006, 06:02:34 PM »

I was at the 17th show, and loved all of the new songs:

Chinese Democracy - It has a new techno-like intro, they  play a lot of weird strings and synths and Chinese-inspired sounds and music, then Robin starts his guitar intro, stops halfway, does it again, stops halfway, plays it all the way through, then the rest of the band jump in. His guitar is a bit more distorted than the last tour, which sound great. It sounded really rocking. Also, I know some nights (at least the 12th) Axl didn't do the first "It don't really matter..." after the intro, but he did when I heard it.

The Blues - Dizzy plays the intro, sounds the same, but there aren't any guitars that come in, it's just the piano. Then Brain jumps in with the "All the love in the world couldn't save you", just drums, base, and piano. The rest of the song sounds the same that I can remember, I just remember the guitars seeming a little heavier than before. Also, Fortus doesn't do his little 4-note thing he used to do before and after the first verse. I also think they took a few of the synths out. It has more of an organic, simpler sound to it.

Madagascar - First thing is during the organ intro, Robin does this cool guitar effect. During Axl's screaming part, lots of pretty heavy guitars. Most of Robin's parts in the song have changed, I think he played through most of the song instead of just here and there like he used to. The solo has changed, too. Fortus did the solo during the quotes, it was a lot of really heavy, "wah-wah" playing, pretty cool.

TWAT - Didn't get to hear it live  Cry

Better - Sound a lot like the version we've heard. The chorus ("Now I know you better, etc.") wasn't quite as heavy as in the leak, but it still sounded cool. I think it would've been cool if Axl sang the intro in falsetto like in the leak, but he didn't. He kept singing it in different ways.

I.R.S. - Has changed the most of any song. During the intro, I didn't really notice any of the smooth, accoustic stuff. The little bluesy breaks were gone, just straight guitars, I think. Axl was singing it pretty fast, but unfortunately, it didn't sound as hard as the demo. They could really tear it up with this song if they wanted to, they just didn't. Robin does a really cool solo about 1/3rd into the song. The rest of it was pretty much the same. I really liked it, it was just different.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »

For me chinese democracy from rir3 is the best its only missing a really good solo
check this out http://www.sendspace.com/file/dy17gx i enhanced,remastered whatever u wanna call it last week   drool

you do great work.. thanks.. the rhiad from vegas sounds like a soundboard now... the orginal recording was pretty bad... crowd noises ect...and the blues, cd and madagascar almost sound like studio versions.. thanks again.. can't wait to hear your work on the 06 versions..  there will prob be some good recordings of rock n rio to work with. 
parisrocks
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2006, 10:51:52 PM »

The new beginning to the Blues is horrible!!! 

All I can think of is NV and it ruins the entire song. 

The guitar cruch at the start was where all of the power came from, I give a fuck about how raspy his voice is.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »

The Blues intro is botched.... but it still sounds good...

The Chinese Democracy intro sounds lammmeee.... (I seriously loved the '02 version.. just needed a better solo)

TWAT sounds much heavier and I like it.. but where the hell is a 3rd verse? Not enough Axl time in the song...

IRS.. I like the new solo part..

Havent listened to maddy yet.

gnrevolution.com
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2006, 01:27:08 AM »

The new beginning to the Blues is horrible!!! 

All I can think of is NV and it ruins the entire song. 

The guitar cruch at the start was where all of the power came from, I give a fuck about how raspy his voice is.

Disagreed, the new intro to The Blues is fine.  But the best version would be the Pittsburgh 2002 version with the 2006 vocals  ok

Pittsburgh 2002 is still the only show I've heard Robin hit the solo to perfection
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2006, 01:28:29 AM »

Pittsburgh 2002 is still the only show I've heard Robin hit the solo to perfection
As much as like this version, Robin didn't hit the solo to perfection at all.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 02:19:24 AM »

As much as like this version, Robin didn't hit the solo to perfection at all.

The ending of the solo was perfectly clean.  Maybe I should've elaborated, but the end of the solo is hit perfectly, I've never heard him hit it that well before, it sounds awesome  peace
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 03:11:58 AM »

From the boots I've heard Chinese Democracy sounds better than it ever did. The Blues is only better than 02' because of Axl's voice,but I like the 02' intro with Fortus' guitar more.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2006, 06:54:51 AM »

having not really heard any boots, Id like to know how 06 Appetite songs sound compared to 02?

IMO, many AFD songs in 02 sounded too clean and sterile - the raw feel was lacking.

Are they loosening these up a bit now?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2006, 07:02:34 AM »

having not really heard any boots, Id like to know how 06 Appetite songs sound compared to 02?

IMO, many AFD songs in 02 sounded too clean and sterile - the raw feel was lacking.

Are they loosening these up a bit now?

yea dude.  They are doin a longer intro to Mr Brownstone like the band used to do back in the day.. shit like that, they sound so much tighter now.
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »

Just listened to the blues on the 15th on flac. oh wow. Well a great tune from 02 so i was expecting the same, i was suprised by the piano but felt the intro blended in better. Also before the first solo when the band cuts out and piano and axl really slows down, and axl hits "I dont know just what i should do" flips the temo, so much passion. I couldnt imagine this song could be improved but what a musical genius axl is. It blew me away the hairs on my arm stood up. This evoloution of the songs reassures me that axls perfectionism over the last 4 years since the last shows WAS NOT A WASTE OF TIME

FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2006, 06:41:43 PM »

I LOVE the new intro to Chinese Democracy, although I dunno If I like the way Axl goes straight in to the "You think we're visionaries" bit.? Huh?

The new Blues intro is cool too, but I think I prefer the 02 version with the guitars playing over the top of the piano!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 07:06:02 PM by FortusGNR21 » Logged

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: