Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Did anyone miss Buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did anyone miss Buckethead?  (Read 18147 times)
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 10:49:53 AM »

i miss bucket abit, i think he was really good player. But enough for the past....

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
imsorry
Rocker

d|0_o|b

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »

excuse me... WHO?

20-23/01/1991
10-12/12/1992
15/01/2001
07-13-16/03/2010
11/20/2016
I believe!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »

To answer your question, as for me: HELL NO!!!!!!  ok

for me HELL YEAH!!!!! Tongue

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2006, 01:19:53 AM »

I didn't miss him simply because he wasn't in my face long enough to really get to know him well enough..

It's like if ron thal played a few weeks, then they went on hiatus and a new guy was in the band I'd be like whatever.. Great guy, genetlemen, but people need to grow on you

Fair enough, but one thing to consider.  Buckethead at least IMO blew the doors off everyone besides Axl at the 2002 shows.  He really stole the show.  Ron Thal only had a week to rehearse with the band, so he didn't have the scene stealing presence Buckethead had in 2002  peace
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2006, 03:45:06 PM »

not in the least Grin

the emphasis was more on the music than the spectale thaT WAS bh
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2006, 03:39:24 PM »

*shudder* Just his name gives me the creeps. I'm glad the freak is gone.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
alexh0618
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2006, 01:17:25 AM »

I love BH. He is a great player but he did not "fit" with GnR. People could not handle his style i guess.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »

I didn't miss him simply because he wasn't in my face long enough to really get to know him well enough..

It's like if ron thal played a few weeks, then they went on hiatus and a new guy was in the band I'd be like whatever.. Great guy, genetlemen, but people need to grow on you

Fair enough, but one thing to consider.? Buckethead at least IMO blew the doors off everyone besides Axl at the 2002 shows.? He really stole the show.? Ron Thal only had a week to rehearse with the band, so he didn't have the scene stealing presence Buckethead had in 2002? peace

that is true, I mean he was very good.. I got to know ron much better on a personal level getting to speak to him afew times outside the nyc venues.
I think BH was to much of a standout for new guns, all the attention of this band was being drawn to him...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »

i missed him on nightrain a lot, and i missed his input on songs. i also loved ron, specially since he played a don't cry cover on his solo, but i miss bucket, i'm happy with the band, but bucket was just something else...  beer

Chinese Democracy!
Annie
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 12:30:02 PM »

i missed him on nightrain a lot, and i missed his input on songs. i also loved ron, specially since he played a don't cry cover on his solo, but i miss bucket, i'm happy with the band, but bucket was just something else...? beer
I totally miss Buckethead!
cntymcshtballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »

Considering these leaks came out long before Bumblefoot joined the band, I'll go out on a limb and say it's not him.
Robin and Bucket have different styles, Either might be able to play the others style, but its pretty obvious who wrote what parts. I least I think it is.
yeah you know as much as anyone else... they could have been recorded whenever.
its not obvious mr musician, nobody but axl or bh or members can say for sure who played what, fuck man...... i play batter and you couldnt tell the difference.

hey dumbass buckethead uses the kill-switch in his twat solo, sure ron couldve had one made or used a tremolo pedal but i doubt axl would have someone go through so much trouble to have someone replicate someone else's tone so well (as the wah-wah and everything sounds just like bucket) when ron is talented enough to write his own fucking solo in his own style.  Also the leaks came out before ron was in the band.  Thus clearing any possibility that ron plays anything on the leaks, it must be bucket that plays the shred solos of better and IRS cuz robin richard dont have that good of technique.  And yes i am mr musician who knows that well.  Im sure i sound cocky but i probably know what im talking about more than u considering that im going to berklee college of music to study guitar.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2006, 05:24:36 AM »

No.

I'm happy he's not in the band anymore. He was like a very long and terrible nightmare for me. He was nothing. Enough with the freaks, let's have some RN'R hihi He was a great player though.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »

I miss Bucket too. I really hope Axl gets him back. Even though Ron is a nice guy i'm not a fan of his guitar playing and presence, and I hope he is let go after this tour.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2006, 11:53:57 AM »

I miss Bucket too. I really hope Axl gets him back. Even though Ron is a nice guy i'm not a fan of his guitar playing and presence, and I hope he is let go after this tour.

I guess they were lucky to have Bucket for a few years.  Just speculating but they probably have 20 or so tracks written during his tenure.  I'm sure that stuff is gold and will make up the bulk of CD and the next release.  But I'd still like to know how much writing Bucket did.  It seems to me like he was a shredder that added a little salt to the songs.  All the other players  have been credited (again speculation) with writing entire songs (even Pitman!).

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2006, 01:56:09 PM »

I miss Buckethead. He just stole the show in 2002 !
Can we say the same about Bumblefoot ?  no

I'll download it !
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2006, 06:52:20 PM »

I miss Buckethead. He just stole the show in 2002 !
Can we say the same about Bumblefoot ? no

No we certainly can't say the same about Bumblefoot. I posted this clip in another section, but check this out.
 http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw&search=Buckethead-Nottingham%20Lace
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2006, 08:12:20 PM »

Wow, That rocked!!!  Grin I hope he stays far away from Axl...it's sooo much better when he's on his own. Lips Sealed
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »

I can't wait to hear more of Buckets playing on Chinese Democracy. I hope some day he comes on stage to play his solo on TWAT with the band. Make an Izzy type appearance.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2006, 03:09:10 AM »

Finck would have learnt a lot if Bucket had stayed in the band...

I'll download it !
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »

no , i really dont miss BH

(he was the best guitar GNR had) , but rock aint about virtuosism, i prefer players like slash or fortus, that fit better for GNR

for me BH in GNR didnt feel right, but still apreciate his contribution to the new songs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: