Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Did anyone miss Buckethead?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did anyone miss Buckethead?  (Read 18143 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »

well ron is not rock n roll either. he's more of a metal geek, than anything else. he's stage presence is not impressive, and again someone that wears a les paul that high is not rock n roll!
he's a nice guy. that wins him points, but he's not rock n roll, rich and robin are!

Chinese Democracy!
Origen
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2006, 08:02:32 PM »

The annoying thing about Buckethead is that he is an amazing guitarist yet he still sticks with his gimmick, and it's a crap gimmick which he doesn't need.

Buckethead live is technically brilliant, he has no emotion and stands there like a robot (another gimmick) and plays lifelessly, but he can still play anythink he wants note for note. Also he seems to have ALOT of writing skills, look at the IRS & TWAT demos from '99 and then listen to the more recent demos with Bucketheads parts on them, he greatly increases the songs.

And you would think that with a guy with that much talent that he would just come out dressed normally, showing hi face and becoming an amazing guitarist, but no. He stands there with a stupid KFC bucket on his head, dressed in a yellow rain coat, a hockey mask and talking through a decapeted head. There is no need for these stupid gimmicks which are doing nothink for him. When Ozzy wanted him to do session work for him didn't he also ask him too lose the mask.

So from one point yes I will miss Buckethead because he really is a good guitarist, but from another point no I won't because his own stupid gimmicks go against him.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »

I don't miss bucket.  He does not fit with GN'R.  I would much rather have Ron in the band.  He is so outgoing and seems like a nice guy. 
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2006, 04:41:19 AM »

i dont think bucket fit the band-   although he played the hell outt that thing - and the dude had nunchucks too,   if he ever comes around here with another band i'll totally have to check em out...     i saw on a interview on muchmusic Ozzy Osbourne was talking about how he wanted to use him after he quit- but bucket was way to weird so ozzy did'nt bother-   TO WEIRD FOR OZZY!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2006, 06:14:01 AM »

Bucket was cool 'cause he didn't look like Slash at all.

newgnr shouldn't try to copy the original band.

I'll download it !
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »

well ron is not rock n roll either. he's more of a metal geek, than anything else. he's stage presence is not impressive, and again someone that wears a les paul that high is not rock n roll!
he's a nice guy. that wins him points, but he's not rock n roll, rich and robin are!

you gotta be kidding me? how about ac/dc? they all wear their guitars high... are they not rock n roll? yes they are. even bucket does.. and they wear it that high cuz its easiest to play it then.

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2006, 01:50:54 AM »

I miss Bucket Puppet , the dude can play the guittar  peace

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpr498vngFQ

missed!

gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »

i love the bucket! i miss him crying

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2006, 07:19:14 AM »

From what I have heard of the leaked demo's I miss the Bucket. I like the solos and the bridges and I don't believe we have heard the best of his work with GNR yet.

However I also like Thal for different reasopns and don't believe he has had the chance yet to bring his style to GNR.

Whatever I am still going to check out his work outside of Little Eye which I have and think is fantastic

Here today...ready to rock
MotleyCrue
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

OP - Buckethead was a joke, a disgusting joke, and one which got very stale very fast...who could take GNR seriously when a man with a chicken bucket on his head played a bluegrass finger pickin solo....seriously, a disgrace!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »

OP - Buckethead was a joke, a disgusting joke, and one which got very stale very fast...who could take GNR seriously when a man with a chicken bucket on his head played a bluegrass finger pickin solo....seriously, a disgrace!

Dude, you just said this same thing, word for word, in another thread. You're about as original as the Crue.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2006, 03:41:12 AM »

Dude, you just said this same thing, word for word, in another thread. You're about as original as the Crue.
rofl Now thats classic. Yeah, thats how all the BH haters are. They have no legitimate argument, so they have to keep spewing the same few lines.

JAC185
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »

They have no legitimate argument, so they have to keep spewing the same few lines.

If image isn't a legitimate musical argument then i dont know what is  hihi
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2006, 01:21:37 PM »

Thanks for posting that link, haven't heard that one..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

Thanks for posting that link, haven't heard that one..

Its called Mellow Wedge. I dont believe its on any CD's yet.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »