Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:38:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IZZY back for good or just a gig...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: IZZY back for good or just a gig...  (Read 10088 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 08:23:23 PM »

I was very afraid these rumors would come back stronger then ever if Izzy showed up.  I've said it before and I'll say it again....I would be uncomfortable for the future of GNR if the original band were to reform for good.  We've seen it happen before...I don't want to see my favorite band implode again Sad

Yeah, it was awesome to see Izzy there and on good terms with Axl. But like others have said, he's not really a "band" guy.  He does what he wants when he wants.  That means a show here and there MAYBE.   Same for Duff, Slash, and Matt.  They have their own things going on, contracts and so forth.  People will say that for the money, they would do it.  Maybe they would, but would they really WANT too?  A reunion is a step BACKWARDS for all involved. They've all grown musically and personally (I would think anyway) Put it this way.....Kindergarden was fun, but do you REALLY wanna go back there for the rest of your life?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »

Like ive been bitchin about in the tour thread.

Izzy playing maybe wasnt a good idea.

cause now this is what we are gonna get.

takes the spotlight off the deserving new members and puts it right back on this reunion shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »

takes the spotlight off the deserving new members and puts it right back on this reunion shit.

Exactly what I was saying earlier.  2-3 weeks ago, there were nothing but reunion rumour topics on here...GNR comes out and plays 5 blistering sets over the course of a week, the band finally gels, they're getting nothing but positive press, and yet here we are, still debating the old band...Just can't win sometimes...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 11:45:44 PM »

I think the band is more solidified now that the Hammerstein shows are over, both in terms of the band's collective conscience and also  by the perception of the public.

Izzy's appearence was a wonderful moment for Guns fans but I don't believe anyone seriously believes that a reunion is possible.

I saw his appearence as  a pleasant tip of the cap to the past as the new band ventures into the future.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2006, 02:31:22 AM »

I think the band is more solidified now that the Hammerstein shows are over, both in terms of the band's collective conscience and also? by the perception of the public.

Izzy's appearence was a wonderful moment for Guns fans but I don't believe anyone seriously believes that a reunion is possible.

I saw his appearence as? a pleasant tip of the cap to the past as the new band ventures into the future.

U may have saw that, but look around at just all the people and reunion threads on this board.

U can only imagine what casual fans are thinking.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 02:37:59 AM »

Izzy will never be back for good, I'm sure of it

and there you have it folks...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 02:51:21 AM »

I think the band is more solidified now that the Hammerstein shows are over, both in terms of the band's collective conscience and also  by the perception of the public.

I saw his appearence as  a pleasant tip of the cap to the past as the new band ventures into the future.

U may have saw that, but look around at just all the people and reunion threads on this board.

U can only imagine what casual fans are thinking.

I dunno what you are seeing, but largely the reunion rumors have died a graceful death since the Hammerstein shows.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
iamspartacus
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 04:33:10 AM »

Izzy left off the stage before Paradise City because he have to get up early. confused

Bahaha, I love it.

Izzy is a free spirit. He's never going to join the band, so be thankful for this awesome one-off performance, and LET IT GO.

An' gettin' used was havin' fun. . .
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 08:17:20 AM »

I saw his appearence as? a pleasant tip of the cap to the past as the new band ventures into the future.

Great point. I agree, it's a nice nostalgia trip for old fans, perhaps deliberatly choreographed to draw in older fans to this new band.

Can't help thinking when seeing him there, that the others should have been there too tho

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 08:19:27 AM »

I think the only people who will see Axl and Izzy playing together for the first time since 1993 as proof of a reunion, are the ones who've always been wishing for one.

There's nothing that can be said or done to make them drop the whole reunion thing.

As you might have noticed, people are still talking about that even though they've seen how much fun the band is having right now.

It's almost like they're wishing Axl would just reunite with the old band for their sake. Why play with this band and have a great time when you can reunite with the old to make some fans happy? ?Roll Eyes

I suggest anybody who wishes to talk about the reunion from now on go do it in the Dead Horse section. This band right now is out there kicking ass and we don't need to hear about your reunion dreams.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IronMaiden415
Headliner

getting bizzy with izzy

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »

I doubt Izzy will rejoin the band. like a few of you have said before, he is a free spirit. and we all know that Izzy likes to keep a low profile as well so playing with GN'R as a full time member would spoil that. If anything, i could see Slash, Duff, and Matt (or Steven) rejoining before Izzy. with the right amount of $$$ that is.

Dec 17 - Tran Siberian Orchestra - fuckin amazing!
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 09:51:06 AM »

For those of you who were at the Izzy gig, what exactly did Axl say when he introduced Izzy?  Did he say "here is my longtime friend...."?  Or what?  Just curious as to what he said.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

Izzy does what Izzy wants to. Its no like he needs the money or anything. I think Izzy playing with GNR  was a very cool way to tie in the old band with the new even if it was only for a few songs.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
awolgnr
Headliner

Don't you think that you need somebody?

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 05:34:52 PM »

The sad thing is, the current GNR line up could stay exactly the same for the next 15 years straight, and there will always be a group of people who just can't help themselves from posting rumors and questions about whether Slash or Izzy or Buckethead or Tracii or Gilby or Paul or Josh or Duff or Matt or Steven or Rob Gardner or Johnny Kreiss or Teddy Zig Zag or Chris Weber... or who fuckin' ever from GNRs PAST is going to make some sort of triumphant return.  Give it up already.   We finally have a finalized touring lineup and yet the bullshit rumors persist like cockroaches.  Buy Izzy's solo cds, buy Velvet Revolver's cd's, buy GNR's cds, but stop wishing you can recreate the past because you cant.

I've been where I have been and I've seen what I have seen...
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 05:39:12 PM »

would you people fucking stop with the izzy rumors....

the guy played ONE show...it does not mean he's coming back to the band...they already have 3 guitarists!!!!!!! 

PLUS....izzy had nothing to do with the new album...why the fuck would he want to be in a band and help gnr play/promote songs he had nothing to do with?

IT'S NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN, PEOPLE....GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS JUST 3 FUCKING SONGS DURING 1 FUCKING SHOW....IT MEANS NOTHING.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »

would you people fucking stop with the izzy rumors....

the guy played ONE show...it does not mean he's coming back to the band...they already have 3 guitarists!!!!!!! 

PLUS....izzy had nothing to do with the new album...why the fuck would he want to be in a band and help gnr play/promote songs he had nothing to do with?

IT'S NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN, PEOPLE....GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS JUST 3 FUCKING SONGS DURING 1 FUCKING SHOW....IT MEANS NOTHING.

Inside sources are telling me that he has replaced Finck and that Slash is replacing Bumblefoot.  Can't wait.  Adler is also joining back to sit on a stool while Axl makes fun of him all night.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: