Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 73454 times)
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »

it was a great show. yes they played the blues. i couldn't hear a lot of what axl said. i heard the OTGM thing and something about us being the die-hards. what else did he say?

and i agree about the crowd - i wasn't even at the other shows and i found the crowd was kind of lacking. a lot of people just standing around silent and motionless and it was annoying me (i felt like they should get out of my way if they weren't gonna enjoy it).
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2006, 02:07:31 AM »

the corwd at this show sucked compared to the 12th. Very laid back crowd.

the may 12th show is probably one of the greatest concerts ever. WHat a show!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2006, 09:16:27 AM »

I was at the 15th show on the floor, 10ft os so off stage on the left side.? About 10ft to the left of that twat sign but back a few feet. The show was great.? ok ok ok Axl was dead on and his voice was fine with no problems.? I thought everything went great. I have no problem with the setlist at all. I was happy with what they played and they also included some of the new stuff so that was great. I did not expect them to play all the new stuff out on the net. That would be stupid they need to be closer to CD coming out before they do that.? I think they had to play the AFD stuff because that is what the majority of there fans know. They had tp play them well. They had to show the world that the band that is playing is truly guns n roses not just axl. Which is what I think they did and did it well.

Also the ass wipes whining about the set list STFU.

My take was this on the new songs they are great, I can not wait till the new album comes out. I know the songs from downloading them, butt everybody that was around me at the show obviously never did because they looked very puzzled when they were played. Maybe it was just the smacked asses that were around me.

I have been to other GnR shows back in the day when you can say axl was in his prime and I have to say. He showed me he is back 100%. I'm an old skool fan but I have to say the entire band impressed me. They won me over I no longer care about a reunion becuase what i saw on monday night was G n R.

Out of all the shows I have ever been to I would rank it as second on my list for overall experince.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:21:31 AM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
GnRbrad
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2006, 10:48:21 AM »

Just got back to maryland, loved the show met some great people cant wait to go again. Wish my GF didnt go up front with me had front row but got scared for her and took her back 10 rows or so on the floor.
Veronica
Opening Act

It's So Easy....

« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2006, 04:45:57 PM »

I had a great time meeting some people who weren't around the last two shows, madagas bono pil all cool dudes... beer Little fly thanks for those fries hihi, gnr now that was ?a great chat lucky dog teaching HS Wink As usual darknemus aka craig, good times and what a great story, VFW baby rofl Jazjme , MrI.great to see you again,,, Veronica nice to meet you too

I think if someone would have stabbed my veins and took a glass they would have had heineken...

See eevryone for teh last show, should be amazing

Mike, you amaze me, with the amount of alcohol you had inside of you and you acknowledge you met me...WOW, I guess you made it home okay on the subway.

To everyone I met at Mustangs preshow...you were all great!? I say, when the full tour starts and they play Madison Square Garden, we all meet up at Mustangs again!? beer
The concert was awesome and IMO well worth the wait!

"You guys are like first round draft picks"?
Axl Rose - Hammerstein May 15th
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »

yeah so was any one a lil dissapointed that AXL wasnt wasnt wearing a bandanna?Huh

i was!!!! lol
i really wish he was sportin more of the 80s gear!!!

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2006, 08:27:59 PM »

but.................. he dose look really good now!!! he looks like hes really got his life together and all  or most his shit in line! peace

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2006, 11:51:03 PM »

Great show.  The crowd energy left something to be desired, there were a few people around me on the floor who were really into it and some others that just stood around, although I think part of it was that a lot of people were smashed out of their minds  hihi

I saw a solid number of drunks stumbling off the floor "never to return" hihi

The band itself though was great.  Axl's voice was strong all night, and he sounded particularly great on IRS, hitting some unreal notes.  I was happy with the setlist, they played 5 of the newer songs, although I would've preferred to hear TWAT over Madagascar.  It was a lot of fun, great performance by the band, just wish the rest of the crowd was more energetic
badapple81
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:39 PM »

I love how he said 'for those who believe in the cause, thank you for your support'? ?ok

That's really cool for those who have supported the band, called it Guns N' Roses for all this time and really got behind it!  Smiley
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2006, 07:12:42 PM »

I was at the 15th show on the floor, 10ft os so off stage on the left side.? About 10ft to the left of that twat sign but back a few feet. The show was great.? ok ok ok Axl was dead on and his voice was fine with no problems.? I thought everything went great. I have no problem with the setlist at all. I was happy with what they played and they also included some of the new stuff so that was great. I did not expect them to play all the new stuff out on the net. That would be stupid they need to be closer to CD coming out before they do that.? I think they had to play the AFD stuff because that is what the majority of there fans know. They had tp play them well. They had to show the world that the band that is playing is truly guns n roses not just axl. Which is what I think they did and did it well.

Also the ass wipes whining about the set list STFU.

My take was this on the new songs they are great, I can not wait till the new album comes out. I know the songs from downloading them, butt everybody that was around me at the show obviously never did because they looked very puzzled when they were played. Maybe it was just the smacked asses that were around me.

I have been to other GnR shows back in the day when you can say axl was in his prime and I have to say. He showed me he is back 100%. I'm an old skool fan but I have to say the entire band impressed me. They won me over I no longer care about a reunion becuase what i saw on monday night was G n R.

Out of all the shows I have ever been to I would rank it as second on my list for overall experince.

i agree. awesome show.
erguevous
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #570 on: May 19, 2006, 10:14:17 AM »

I heard this on the 15 May show.

This was during his long solo right before Chinese Democracy...

This is a famous piece for Classical Guitar by Spanish composer Issac Albeniz.

He played the first part of the piece...so so...not really that good i.m.o

I still don't think this guy is a good fit for guns...i didn't think buckethead was either.  I think a 3rd guitar player is not necessary for this type of band...

whatever... Undecided
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #571 on: May 19, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »

Good pick with the solo - the dude certainly knows his music.

I like him. He won me over even before I heard and saw the bootlegs from those youtube vids. Then all these stories came out about how nice he is and he actually responds quickly to fan emails.

As for the 3rd guitar player - its been done but heres my 2 cents: as more of the new material comes out we'll realise the music is probably going to have required it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: