Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Budapest Sportarena, May 31 (Budapest, Hungary)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Budapest Sportarena, May 31 (Budapest, Hungary)  (Read 81969 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2006, 05:33:59 PM »

anybody keeping us updated tomorrow??

I am trying to organize something so stay tuned... we'll see how it goes  Cool.

Just 24hours to go...
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2006, 07:49:05 AM »

Anyone have the start time for this show for the people in the US?

Thanks
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »

Goddamnit, I can't go because of exams   crying crying

I even have a ticket...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Zsolt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »

Thanks

14.00 ET - support band
15.00/16.00/17.00/who knows... ?ET - Gn'R
Zsolt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »

Goddamnit, I can't go because of exams? ?crying crying

I even have a ticket...

You can pass your exams every year, but Guns N' Roses plays in Budapest in every 14 years. Grin You should reconsider it!  Wink
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2006, 09:19:27 AM »

Thanks

14.00 ET - support band
15.00/16.00/17.00/who knows... ?ET - Gn'R

ahaha..ok, thanks, I appreciate it.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

Would anyone going to the show be interested in giving me live updates from the arena? I would post them here and on my site during the show. If you're interested you can PM me or email me: webmaster @ gnrfrance.net . We could use SMS, like I did with a friend for Madrid.

Thanks in advance and enjoy the show everyone! Smiley

wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2006, 02:47:43 AM »

was there and am back to work now... uh, oh I am getting old.

short... 22:17 a delay message on Hungarian, I was already 'there you go, show is cancelled', but then some good Hungarian people explain it is only delayed for 20-25 minutes. Oh well... Music that was played didn't help and people started to get nervous. Some left. Few minutes to midnight lights go down and INTRO. And a long one, 10 minutes maybe (don't blame me, I was driving straight from work to the show for 4 hours and then 4 hours back right to the work Shocked). And then WTTJ... The sound (middle of arena, left, seating) is  shit... It is noise, but hey GNR are there.

Axl is cool, Robin is very angry/strange... keeps running around and kicking different mic stands hihi ... the guy the collects them is also pissed... BETTER... the sound is still not good. When the heavy part starts Robin slams his guitar and gets backstage. There is no his nice melodic solo in BETTER. Axl looks for Robin and after the song sinishes he goes backstage. And everything continues... A song or 2 later after a song (don't remember which one) Axl asks: "Is there a technical difficulty I am not made aware of?" or something like that.

From then it gets better and better. At one point Axl appologies for delay Smiley and says he was in DEEP SHIT (it is enough for me and I have no idea what he ment, just that what he said).

They finished 10 minutes to 2AM. Shorter show. No new songs except Blues and Better. Most Appetite, November Rain and nothing else. I guess they had to finish till 2AM.

Except for the sound problems, everything was great. Energy was great. I am sorry to say that all things I said about Robin are... well TRUE. He doesn't have phrasing problems, he played shit out of his guitar. Fortus also. Great, great... Ron, very good, I guess I need to get used to him... Don't Cry was amazing although expected. But he rocks.

IMPRESSIVE SHOW! You just had to be there...

Things need to get polished for sure... the breaks between songs were too long, video was not used in a way it could be (just few loops and live camera). Sound, ah well... it was much better towards the end (at the beginning Axl had some weird compression on his vocal and is was just fuc!ed up).

Ah, well I got to work... (sleep).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 02:49:17 AM by Velimir » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2006, 08:17:37 AM »

The show was great, the new band is tighter than ever!  Cool

I don't mention the late, the other guy ^^^^^has commented it, but the reason was Axl's taking a late plane from Milano  Undecided. Axl was really great, although he's older and cannot run and cannot dance anyomre, but his voice was much better than in 2002. The band played almost everything note by note. Finck's playing improved a lot, he was damn good. Thal and Fortus played as usual. The setlist was short  Angry

They started with WTTJ, ISE, Mr. Brownstone and Better. It was like a nuclear assault. Everybody forgot the hours of waiting. But there were interludes (guitar solos, jams, piano solo) between the songs and it slowed down everything, killed the rhythm and energy of the concert. BTW the guitar solos were boring and uninspired.

Axl didn't talk too much, didn't even introduce the band!  Roll Eyes

The crowd didn't really like the new songs. Better's intro was false as hell, but this song got the best reaction. Madagascar is not for concerts and The Blues was the low point of the show (among with the fucked-up Out ta Get Me and the boring KOHD). They played only 3 of the new tunes.

And the highlights (for me): WTTJ, Easy, Brownstone, My Michelle, Nightrain and Paradise City. The crowd went nuts during WTTJ, Easy, LALD, SCOM, NR, Nightrain and PC.

They didn't play RQ and Patience(!).

Can't wait to hear them again with a longer setlist and without these guitar solos and jams.

Setlist:

01- Intro (mostly Pittman, around 10 minutes)
02- Welcome To The Jungle
03- It's So Easy
04- Mr. Brownstone
05- Better
06- Solo
07- Live And Let Die
08- Madagascar
09- Robin Solo
10- Sweet Child O' Mine
11- Richard & Robin Solo
12- You Could Be Mine
13- Blues Jam
14- Dizzy Solo
15- The Blues
16- Out Ta Get Me
17- Knockin' On Heaven's Door
18- My Michelle
19- Axl Piano Solo
20- November Rain
21 Instrumental: "Ancient Hungarian Folksong" (Nobody knows what...)
22- Nightrain
R?ad?s:
23- Ron Solo (Don't Cry)
24- Robin Solo
25- Paradise City

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2006, 08:38:39 AM »

was there and am back to work now... uh, oh I am getting old.

short... 22:17 a delay message on Hungarian, I was already 'there you go, show is cancelled', but then some good Hungarian people explain it is only delayed for 20-25 minutes. Oh well... Music that was played didn't help and people started to get nervous. Some left. Few minutes to midnight lights go down and INTRO. And a long one, 10 minutes maybe (don't blame me, I was driving straight from work to the show for 4 hours and then 4 hours back right to the work Shocked). And then WTTJ... The sound (middle of arena, left, seating) is  shit... It is noise, but hey GNR are there.

Axl is cool, Robin is very angry/strange... keeps running around and kicking different mic stands hihi ... the guy the collects them is also pissed... BETTER... the sound is still not good. When the heavy part starts Robin slams his guitar and gets backstage. There is no his nice melodic solo in BETTER. Axl looks for Robin and after the song sinishes he goes backstage. And everything continues... A song or 2 later after a song (don't remember which one) Axl asks: "Is there a technical difficulty I am not made aware of?" or something like that.

From then ...

Good reviews to both the posts above mine. Thanks guys and Im glad you liked it.

What happened here? Was Finck pissed at the sound or something? Did he damage his guitar? Did the other guys looked worried?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2006, 08:46:14 AM »

great reviews! thanks guys. ?ok

in years past, those issues may have caused major problems (i.e. cancellation or shortened set)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Zsolt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2006, 08:58:28 AM »

21 Instrumental: "Ancient Hungarian Folksong" (Nobody knows what...)

This was just a joke, but it shows that Axl has got memories on the Budapest gig in '92, when he sang Tavaszi sz?l, a real hungarian folksong.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2006, 09:00:22 AM »

What happened here? Was Finck pissed at the sound or something? Did he damage his guitar? Did the other guys looked worried?

Finck came to the stage pissed off. He smashed 4 different guitars and a mic stand during the first 4 songs. During Easy (or Brownstone) he gave up playin and only sang the song, but like an idiot... He took the stand with his arms and looked like he tried to imitate someone ?Lips Sealed

And then he left in the middle of Better.

Rollin' on the streets
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2006, 09:16:53 AM »

Finck came to the stage pissed off. He smashed 4 different guitars and a mic stand during the first 4 songs. During Easy (or Brownstone) he gave up playin and only sang the song, but like an idiot... He took the stand with his arms and looked like he tried to imitate someone  Lips Sealed

And then he left in the middle of Better.

Holy shit! Did he come back? This is worrying stuff.

Not to start a whole string of speculation (its the wrong place to do it), but I hope he wasnt pissed at Axl for being late to front on stage - its going to happen more, just like it did in 2002.

This is disturbing stuff. (On the bright side a little bit of tension can do wonders for the creative process)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »

Not to start a whole string of speculation (its the wrong place to do it), but I hope he wasnt pissed at Axl for being late to front on stage - its going to happen more, just like it did in 2002.

This is disturbing stuff. (On the bright side a little bit of tension can do wonders for the creative process)

I think it MAY have been a sound issue, but I'm looking for someone to confirm that.  I read it somewhere, but am not sure if it's the entire truth or just a part of what pissed him off.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2006, 09:22:05 AM »

I think it MAY have been a sound issue, but I'm looking for someone to confirm that.  I read it somewhere, but am not sure if it's the entire truth or just a part of what pissed him off.

Its worrying - quite a few people have commented that Finck seems to be moody on this tour. He was such a trooper in 01/02, right?

Mikkamakka hinted that Finck may have been trying to insult Axl by parodying his microphone maneuvers.

Thats my take on this "He took the stand with his arms and looked like he tried to imitate someone". Want to clarify mikka?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2006, 09:30:50 AM »

I guess he imitated Axl.

BTW some fans tried to get autographs from the guys or talk some... Richard, Dizzy and mostly Ron was very kind, a fan had a long conversation with Bumble after the show. Stinson was great one day before the show, but not on the 'big day': as far as I know he didn't sign anything and didn't let take pics. And everybody said that Finck was an asshole, he walked like the fans wouldn't exist, he didn't even say a 'No', just gone away without looking at the fans.

Rollin' on the streets
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »

Finck seemed to have a bad day. But i think it's funny

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »

Doesn't sound very professional of Finck.  Sounds like he was acting like a 5 year old brat.  He threw his guitar when I saw Axl and the new band in Vegas of '01.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2006, 10:12:54 AM »

yeah, lets start a Finck Fucking Rumour...

it was nothing in between axl and robin... just the sound was really screwed at the beginning and robin was pissed (and the guy picking up mic stands was irritating to him Wink )... later all was fucking cool. lets chill out every-show-someone-screwing-an-elephant thing and enjoy what we have... they all jammed and it sounded better and better towards the end.
peace!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: