Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Earlier versions of I.R.S. and Twat Discussion  (Read 31122 times)
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2006, 09:17:22 AM »

I like it.  (Well, IRS anyway - haven't listened to T.W.A.T. yet)

That's one thing I've always found cool about demos - watching how songs 'evolve'.. In some cases, the demos might be better than the final versions, even.  (Faith No More: The Perfect Crime is a great example of this, in my opinion)

-darknemus

Or Don't Cry maybe.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »

Interesting stuff FI!

I quite like both but the Feb leaks (the newer versions) are appropriately more honed and refined.

Man, if this is representative of CD circa 1999, then they had a damn good album happening back then.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2006, 09:39:33 AM »

I would say pre-buckethead....post-buckethead is too recent

good stuff, but i prefer the shredding solos Wink

shaun
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2006, 10:18:35 AM »

There was a Time: The lyrics are clearer. I think i prefer the more overproduced sounding version i already have, as it has more going on and better guitar work.

IRS: Not sure. Def sounds less finished than the older version i already have.

These leaks offer nothing new. I'll stick with the original leaks thanks  ok
All this leaking of songs we already have don't count. Looking forward to new songs  beer

Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »

i like the longer ending of twat from the first leak we got personally, but this shorter version will probably appeal to a lot of people i know who thought the original demo was good, but just went on for too long
daveyjc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

yeh im loving the new shredding more than fincks solos

buckethead was definetely an influence on axl for him to get ron, and im still undecided in thinking if bucketheads parts will still be on it or not, the illusions era had izzy and i think adlers parts on it after they left so i dont know and theres alot of confusion about when ron joined like with axl saying like a few weeks ago and the emails from ron that fans have got back
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2006, 11:23:11 AM »

It's the same Vocals on all I.R.S demos. Which means axl just like to record himself ones and just changes the other stuff.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2006, 11:25:36 AM »

I like the first ones we got better...they sound way more complete. These are good but you can tell they are just in the early stages. I cant wait for the actual album versions though. I'm loving the way TWAT is now, like they have been playing it live. I.R.S and Better sound almost identical to the leaks.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2006, 12:10:52 PM »

I was just informed that these came from a disc with 12 tracks (almost full album) Only 1999/2000 material.

Jim Barber was pretty ecstatic about these tracks.

The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in. If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999.

But what's the story with the vocals? That's pretty damn good proof Axl had recorded vocal tracks at the time.  Huh

edit: If not in '98, than at least the following year.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Rune
Opening Act

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2006, 12:14:16 PM »

Have anyone tried mixing these tracks with with the older leaks? Like putting the vocals on the 'new' T.W.A.T on the 'older' one. I think that would have been cool if anyone could do this...
Rune
Opening Act

« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2006, 12:18:16 PM »

I was just informed that these came from a disc with 12 tracks (almost full album) Only 1999/2000 material.

Jim Barber was pretty ecstatic about these tracks.

The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in. If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999.

But what's the story with the vocals? That's pretty damn good proof Axl had recorded vocal tracks at the time.  Huh

edit: If not in '98, than at least the following year.

Am I the only one who thinks the delay of CD has something to do with Axl struggeling to get back to his old voice?
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2006, 12:22:53 PM »

Have anyone tried mixing these tracks with with the older leaks? Like putting the vocals on the 'new' T.W.A.T on the 'older' one. I think that would have been cool if anyone could do this...

The vocals are exactly the same on both IRS and TWATS respective versions.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
alexh0618
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2006, 12:24:38 PM »

On IRS the guitar solo is much better than the Buckethead one (too fast, no feeling, no soul etc.... well just Buckethead beeing Buckethead).
However exept that, I really prefer the versions we already had, by far. They have more power and they are better mixed.

Why are you so against BH. I personally love his solo in IRS, it makes the song great.
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »

My review:

This new old TWAT is better than the old new TWAT. I never really liked the first one, too boring. I really tried to like it, but never really got into it. I still don't really like it, but it's better.

The new old IRS is only good for deciphering lyrics more clearly.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2006, 01:02:45 PM »

Yeah I like this version of TWAT better.....RazZ.......as before, I stated if these surfaced and where different, than I would almost 100% know for sure that Checkmate (or whatever the real song is) is real.....and I 100% believe it is now.   Althought I never technically denied they weren't real (i just blamed the shitty stream for not being able to decipher properly)....my words taste like porkchops.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »

I prefer our previous "IRS". Bucked makes it. "TWAT" is pretty much the same.

At least we have real drums!  beer
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2006, 02:50:30 AM »

I.R.S Sounds really cool, axl's alot louder in the mix.. it's nice to have both versions.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Olorin
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2006, 04:29:18 AM »

So i listened to them driving in my car.

Kept to the speed limit so they are not too great I'm afraid, or I would have been speeding.

Good for hearing the lyrics.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2006, 06:21:52 AM »

Is it just me, or have they added Robin's 'big' solo from the '99 version of IRS (the one that was replaced by Bucket's shred) to the live version? It's now used as a bridge solo...

SG
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »

I prefer the 99 version of IRS but think I prefer the Bucket stuff on Twat!!

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: