Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 30138 times)
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2006, 09:22:14 AM »

Why can't someone hate a show and not get crucified for it....

Because it's stupid to hate a show that obviously rocked. Just ask anyone going to the show mate.

No,  that's like saying it's stupid to hate Pizza, cause everyone else likes it.  I thought the show (minus sound) sucked...

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Death Cube K
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »

No,  that's like saying it's stupid to hate Pizza, cause everyone else likes it.  I thought the show (minus sound) sucked...

If that's the case I would recomend you to drop this GNR thing all togheter.

You propably will not be satisfied either way.

And it's quite tiring to post about how shows sucks all the time as well?
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »

Axl ran out of breathe, ? screwed up Patience, ?started early on Paradise, the Solo's were god awful, the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible, the set list was old and nostalgic, the energy wasn't there,

I can accept these reasons, except three

Screwed Up Patience - This is just fucking stupid. He started a little too soon. OMG everyone, Axl is human, who would have known.

The Enery wasnt there - This right here tells me you must have been watching another show all together. People can bitch about anything they want, but to say this band didnt have any energy is just retarded. Thats the LAST thing I thought someone would complain about. ?

And this running out of breath shit people are complaining about is lame. The man has a high energy show where he runs around alot, he is 44 years old, he hasnt toured in 4 years, and he only ran out of breath a couple times.

Some of you people are fucking sad with these complaints. I dont believe you would have been happy with anything this band does, seeing as how you are nit picking every little thing. Its like instead of enjoying the show you are just trying to find shit to bitch about.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:27:45 AM by mahimahi23 » Logged
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 09:26:33 AM »

Why can't someone hate a show and not get crucified for it....

Because it's stupid to hate a show that obviously rocked. Just ask anyone going to the show mate.

No,? that's like saying it's stupid to hate Pizza, cause everyone else likes it.? I thought the show (minus sound) sucked...

me too.. the show sucked... the song list sucked.. the same show has been performed many times by this band... in fact last time they played rio in 01 i saw this same show...it sucked... nothing new.. same old going through the motions.. play the old songs.. new guitar players in fortus/bbf.. ?vs bucket/huge but same show... very boring and predictable.. ?they should have rose to the ocasion and played just one new song.. not a "blues jam" and think that was cutting edge.... the show was gay.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:46 AM »

No,? that's like saying it's stupid to hate Pizza, cause everyone else likes it.? I thought the show (minus sound) sucked...

If that's the case I would recomend you to drop this GNR thing all togheter.

You propably will not be satisfied either way.

And it's quite tiring to post about how shows sucks all the time as well?

no coz the show sucked.. any fan can say it sucked or it ruled.. isnt it tiring to post telling anyone who thinks the show suckde that it was good?
Death Cube K
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 09:28:55 AM »

me too.. the show sucked... the song list sucked.. the same show has been performed many times by this band... in fact last time they played rio in 01 i saw this same show...it sucked... nothing new.. same old going through the motions.. play the old songs.. new guitar players in fortus/bbf..  vs bucket/huge but same show... very boring and predictable..  they should have rose to the ocasion and played just one new song.. not a "blues jam" and think that was cutting edge.... the show was gay.

When Im as negative as you, I usually just drop the whole thing.  ok
Death Cube K
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 09:29:47 AM »

no coz the show sucked.. any fan can say it sucked or it ruled.. isnt it tiring to post telling anyone who thinks the show suckde that it was good?

Im entertained. You are not. I don't see why you wanna focus on things you don't like.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2006, 09:32:40 AM »

me too.. the show sucked... the song list sucked.. the same show has been performed many times by this band... in fact last time they played rio in 01 i saw this same show...it sucked... nothing new.. same old going through the motions.. play the old songs.. new guitar players in fortus/bbf..? vs bucket/huge but same show... very boring and predictable..? they should have rose to the ocasion and played just one new song.. not a "blues jam" and think that was cutting edge.... the show was gay.

When Im as negative as you, I usually just drop the whole thing.? ok

see most of you "fans" call me "negative"... im not being negative.. i love the new band.. but i can call thier show what it was... boring and repetitive.
Death Cube K
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2006, 09:34:01 AM »

see most of you "fans" call me "negative"... im not being negative.. i love the new band.. but i can call thier show what it was... boring and repetitive.

What should have been done to please you?
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2006, 09:34:31 AM »

me too.. the show sucked... the song list sucked.. the same show has been performed many times by this band... in fact last time they played rio in 01 i saw this same show...it sucked... nothing new.. same old going through the motions.. play the old songs.. new guitar players in fortus/bbf..? vs bucket/huge but same show... very boring and predictable..? they should have rose to the ocasion and played just one new song.. not a "blues jam" and think that was cutting edge.... the show was gay.

When Im as negative as you, I usually just drop the whole thing.? ok
I am not negative, I am realistic....

The show was old, and dated....
Axl went through the motions.

Unless you've actually seen GNR live
( Ihave Foxboro with Metallica, Boston Garden in 92, Boston '02, NY 17th of 06)

then don't tell me what energy is....
Axl had no energy
HE EVEN SAYS THE SAME SHIT at the same parts of every show
"Hey you downloading motherfuckers,"
Remember when GNR meant Unpredictable, On-Point

Now we get the
"HELLO CLEVELAND, ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?" bullshit, it's turning into a Kiss concert
Same set list, same crap to intro every song....

Axl is a step away from a weekly show in Vegas

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2006, 09:34:52 AM »

Im entertained. You are not. I don't see why you wanna focus on things you don't like.

you must be entertained easy... watching the same show over and over is entertaining to you? ?you dont want to see them play thier own music? .. im not focusing on things i dont like .. i like this band alot but the show today was boring and predictable.. 01, 02, 06... its the same.. its boring.. im not being negative ... your just blind
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »

new songs.. not the same setlist.. even playing older gnr songs from the UYI songs would please me.. something new... change it up a bit... stop playing the same songs in the same order and thinking its bad ass... its not...
jonthehellraiser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »

Im currently finishing the show right now...paradise city is going and axl is introducing the band...i came in at Bumble Foots solo/dont cry....i hafta say what of the show ive seen kicks ass!! Better ROCKED!! i was worried that it wouldnt translate well live but damn....it kicked ass!!
Axl isnt the same as he was when i saw him 15 years ago...but hes just as good if not better....still a smart ass which is cool....and still energetic as hell!!
i hope to catch the whole show sometime today!! but again....what i saw i was impressed with the newbies!!
finck kicks ass!! hes a like a mix of slash gilby and izzy....
im sure ppl will give me hell over all this but oh well!!

the show is starting again..if my opinion changes ill post it...if not...then...again...oh well!! lol
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2006, 09:38:19 AM »

Axl ran out of breathe

decent point.....  he really ran out of breath sometimes

screwed up Patience
he screwed up patience??  are you talkin about him starting to sing too early?  i barely noticed that....

started early on Paradise
did he?  i don`t remember that. i thought paradise city was the best version the new band ever played ok

the Solo's were god awful
matter of taste, i thought they were awesome. i didn`t even listen to the hammerstein ones, but i really enjoyed them this time. dizzy, richard, robin, bumblefoot and brain were all great!

the new guitar effects in Rocket Queeen were horrible

i don`t think they`re new, i think it was because ot the bad(wrong) mix actually.  i didn`t like them either, but i guess they weren`t supposed to sound like that...

the set list was old and nostalgic

true to some extent....  i want to hear more new music, but we`ll have to wait for that till the album comes out. i`m fine with the setlist though... they should cut lald, rocket queen and patience and add some more illusions stuff and later more new songs.

when bumblefoot played the part of don`t cry i really thought they`d do that song Undecided....  they should definitely add it to the setlist. the crowd reaction should`ve shown that to axl i think...

also, when axl said something along the lines of "we`ll do something now we don`t usually do" i really expected them to play rhiad...... and what did i get instead?? Cry  i mean brain`s little drum solo was quite cool, but i really hoped for rhiad....

the energy wasn't there

i thought the performance was really energetic... perhaps even too energetic for axl?s voice at times hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
RichardNixon
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2006, 09:39:43 AM »

Is it just me or are there all the suden all these newbies invading the board that do nothing but bitch?
Death Cube K
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2006, 09:39:54 AM »

watching the same show over and over is entertaining to you

Shock and awe, most bands usually have a set list they follow.

you dont want to see them play thier own music?

The album is not out yet and you cant expect 50 000 people to be hardcore GNR downloaders.

i like this band alot but the show today was boring and predictable.. 01, 02, 06... its the same..

They did 2 new songs last night, I.R.S and Better, since 2001 you have heard at least 9 new songs being played live.

They could have thrown in a few Illusion tracks, sure, and maybe got rid of Out ta get me or something, but that's a PERSONAL OPINION. Im very satisfied with the songs they are doing. I have a feeling they might have to play for 4 hours if theyre gonna please u with their set list.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:07 AM »

started early on Paradise
did he?? i don`t remember that. i thought paradise city was the best version the new band ever played ok

not even close.. the started it WAY early and the band had to catch up... listen to PC on MSG 02 or even Vegas 01.. .spot!
Death Cube K
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:22 AM »

HE EVEN SAYS THE SAME SHIT at the same parts of every show

ok

Please...stop!! ?Grin
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:47 AM »

new songs.. not the same setlist.. even playing older gnr songs from the UYI songs would please me.. something new... change it up a bit... stop playing the same songs in the same order and thinking its bad ass... its not...

not everyone is following the band on internet message boards and downloads every bootleg of any show available.... some people tend to forget that.....  what does it matter to you which stelist gnr play in toledo, if you watch them in paris??

Is it just me or are there all the suden all these newbies invading the board that do nothing but bitch?

no it`s not just you Undecided

did tommy hilfigger hire people to spam this board nervous

I am not negative, I am realistic....

if you didn?t attend the concert shut up allready!!

the people here are getting more and more annoying....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Death Cube K
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006, 09:44:50 AM »

the people here are getting more and more annoying....

Unfortenately, they were the reason I stopped posting on GNR message boards...I might have to re-consider giving it another go..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: