Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Dear Axl - From an Old Fan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Axl - From an Old Fan  (Read 15977 times)
KILLYOURIDOL
Banned
Opening Act

This site is filled with Axl nuthuggers

« on: May 28, 2006, 11:48:23 AM »

I listened to the RIO broadcast last night and all it came off to me as was a horrible cover band butchering classics. Please fold the tent up and go back into the hole you hid in for the last 11yrs. Your voice is a shell of what it once was and this 3 headed guitar monster you think you have does not work at all. I know alot of people kiss your ass and can't come to grips with the fact that not everything you do is good but as a GnR fan from the beginning I must tell you that you are on the verge of destroying GnRs legacy. The AFD songs are lifeless live. Maybe it's because this band didn't write them or maybe it just because they can't play them they way REAL GnR fans expect them to be played. Whatever the case if you must go on using the GnR brand please stop playing any "OLD" GnR songs. You've had 13 yrs to write new music and it's been 17yrs since the interview where you said you wanted to "Bury Appetite" well last night you sure buried it cause I couldn't tell what the hell was going on out there. Song after song I tried to explain to my wife and daughter that this wasn't the band I was so obsessed with that I still went out the day the illusions albums came out even though earlier in that day I was jumped and spent hours getting stitched up and was told I may lose my sight. Thinking only I have to get UYI's. Explaining the raw power and energy of my first GnR show at MSG where as a 14 yr I was almost in tears as I screamed along to every word that came out of your mouth. I know almost 90% of this board agrees with every move you make, hell they even try to dignify the length of time its taken you to write some so-so songs. Axl you will never have the world at the palm of your hand the way you once did and I will never have my favorite band of all time again. So I will continue to listen to AFD,Lies,UYI I & II? they way it was intended with Slash Duff & Izzy but as far as this new GnR I will not be a fan of it.? crying? Cry no

Now go ahead and rip me a new one and tell I shouldn't be on this board but keep in mind this is a GnR board and I'm a Huge GnR fan.....just not this GnR
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »

I listened to the RIO broadcast last night and all it came off to me as was a horrible cover band butchering classics. Please fold the tent up and go back into the hole you hid in for the last 11yrs. Your voice is a shell of what it once was and this 3 headed guitar monster you think you have does not work at all. I know alot of people kiss your ass and can't come to grips with the fact that not everything you do is good but as a GnR fan from the beginning I must tell you that you are on the verge of destroying GnRs legacy. The AFD songs are lifeless live. Maybe it's because this band didn't write them or maybe it just because they can't play them they way REAL GnR fans expect them to be played. Whatever the case if you must go on using the GnR brand please stop playing any "OLD" GnR songs. You've had 13 yrs to write new music and it's been 17yrs since the interview where you said you wanted to "Bury Appetite" well last night you sure buried it cause I couldn't tell what the hell was going on out there. Song after song I tried to explain to my wife and daughter that this wasn't the band I was so obsessed with that I still went out the day the illusions albums came out even though earlier in that day I was jumped and spent hours getting stitched up and was told I may lose my sight. Thinking only I have to get UYI's. Explaining the raw power and energy of my first GnR show at MSG where as a 14 yr I was almost in tears as I screamed along to every word that came out of your mouth. I know almost 90% of this board agrees with every move you make, hell they even try to dignify the length of time its taken you to write some so-so songs. Axl you will never have the world at the palm of your hand the way you once did and I will never have my favorite band of all time again. So I will continue to listen to AFD,Lies,UYI I & II? they way it was intended with Slash Duff & Izzy but as far as this new GnR I will not be a fan of it.? crying? Cry no

Now go ahead and rip me a new one and tell I shouldn't be on this board but keep in mind this is a GnR board and I'm a Huge GnR fan.....just not this GnR

im not gonna rip you. But im gonna say i dont agree on anything you wrote above. And the reviews seams to be on my side. iv been a GNR fan since 1990 also. And this new GNR lineup Rocks! They are simply great! And Axl`s voice is the best since 1990

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

You are a MEAN gnr fan...  Angry
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 11:53:16 AM »

You are a MEAN gnr fan...? Angry

i dont think he is a GNR fan anymore.. Just living on the old memories.. and thats ok.. i injoy the presens and future..  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 11:54:53 AM »

words fail me.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »

I think GNR is evolving.
Evolution is a good thing.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 11:56:01 AM »

zzzzzzzzzz... oh sorry... i fell asleep while reading your post..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Steel_Angel
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 11:56:28 AM »

wow. sad post. ?hihi rofl
makane
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »

I think GNR is evoluting.
Evolution is a good thing.
They should do it a bit faster though...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »

dumbest post ever...
if you dont like this line up dont watch it.... you better download paris 92 and jack off seeing it

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
RichardNixon
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 11:59:19 AM »

Keep in mind people were saying the same thing about Van Halen w/Sammy Hagar.

That said, yawn...
RichardNixon
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 12:00:09 PM »

Can someone move this to the Dead Horse section please?
makane
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

Can someone move this to the Dead Horse section please?
Hell no. This is more like, Important topics.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 12:01:02 PM »

I also do not agree with the original poster. 

I really like the current line up.  I honestly do not analyse every note of a live performance.  If the live performance were played perfectly, might as well listen to the cd instead  hihi  The band gels well together and seem to really love playing. It seemed to me that Axl was enjoying performing, as opposed to 2002 when he seemed like he felt like he HAD to be there.

I love watching the band enjoy what their doing. I can't wait to see where they will go from here Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
shaun
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »

I can't comment on the Rio show, i wasn't there. The bootlegs sound odd, probably though no fault of the band though.

I have seen the new GnR in a different light to the old GnR (based on the fact that i have seen the old GnR and the new GnR perform live). The AFD songs were performed in a more wild way back in the early 90's, but Axl is older these days. Also the new GnR do have a new sound, and in some ways sound more polished than the old GnR. But for many the old GnR were all about raw power. One positive thing to say about the new GnR is, the new songs, i like them. So while the old GnR songs are being performed for the sake of being performed to keep the fans happy. The most important thing is the new material. I so want the new album, even if it is to be spread across 3 Cd's  peace
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 12:06:17 PM by D0badog » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

guys we gotta respect all the opinions here... we can?t bash those who have a completely point of view from us... this is a forum so it?s so normal to see different points of view... I agree with something he says there... this new band will never be as magical as the old one. Gn?R will never be the same, and we can?t help it... that?s it. you can read my review on the RiR show in the Gn?r on tour section if you feel like it... there I talk a bit about all this, after seein them live.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
RichardNixon
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 12:15:41 PM »

If you don't support the new band, fine. But it seems like topics like this pop up all the time by newbies. Maybe we could just have a "NU-GN'R sucks" sticky in the dead horse section.
Death Cube K
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »

They should do it a bit faster though...

That I can agree with 100%.

I started to read this mans (boy?) open letter to Uncle Axl but I stopped after 3 sentences when I realized I
had read the same thing 54575 times since 2001 already.
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »

if you don't like the thought of axl taking this band somewhere new and giving something back to the fans after all this years, fine, stay at home and listen to your albums and old bootlegs, but quit bringing fans of the new band down with these shitty threads.
KILLYOURIDOL
Banned
Opening Act

This site is filled with Axl nuthuggers

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 12:20:00 PM »

if you don't like the thought of axl taking this band somewhere new and giving something back to the fans after all this years, fine, stay at home and listen to your albums and old bootlegs, but quit bringing fans of the new band down with these shitty threads.

Then quit replying to them
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: