Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:17:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Dear Axl - From an Old Fan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dear Axl - From an Old Fan  (Read 15970 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »

after listening to rio, i found the new guns to have bad timing. they wernt crap but they didnt play them like the old gnr did  Cool and the solos didnt sound to good.

axls voice however, i feel has gotten  much betterrecently  since his horrid vocals of the early 00's  ok

html sucks
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 06:26:47 PM »

Axl has already said some people are not going to like the new music, and this band. Give them some credit. This group, really has only been jamming for the last couple of weeks. I guarantee once they get through the Summer tour they are going to be unstopable. I have also been a Guns fan, since the rise of Appetite, and I'm really liking the new stuff.

What I can say to those who are the anti- new Guns, just be thankful you were giving the chance to hear such great music, now let all of us who have supported the new band, enjoy the ride. Its gonna be fun  beer
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 06:29:24 PM by mega_music » Logged

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
gnr2k6
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 06:34:49 PM »

ok ,now then im a huge fan of old gnr and now velvet revolver...but i am also a huge fan of new gnr.
its obvious axl isnt going to play all new songs hence the new album coming out-even tho every has views on that...ur welcome to it but i also say that if they cant play all new songs what is there left to play???
exactly the old songs that the band can play -and they can play them and good at that!!!
no its not slash or duff or matt but any1 who saw last nite-and again dont be oblivious to the fact that it was a really shitty mix because it was!!
if they were on a main tv station with everything done right then we would all see.

point 2....any1 ho saw last nite can no way say these guys are talentless -if you can play a guitar like that then ur welcome to your opinion but if you cant then???
again no its not slash but these guys put their own touch on it and while im on the point -slash n co had THAT sound and THAT was what got them where they are if they had a different sound then who knows ??

point 3
theres alot of people here ragin sayin "stop talkin bout the old members this is new gnr but you are the 1s contradicting yourselves by starting and participating in threads of"i miss buckethead" or stuff like that.
my outcome is ...
if you dont like the new stuff fine...no1 is forcing you to -just listen to the old stuff
to the people who diss old gnr -why do it? most of the new fans wernt even around to expereience slash n co and it wasnt all about the music -IT WAS PRESENCE!!!
What i will add is that what would you rather have axl or no axl-i no its a very borng musical world without his talent and im glad he is back and makin music.
peace.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 06:37:10 PM »

if the new gnr line up doesnt get tighter they are going to get killed at donnington.

html sucks
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »

if the new gnr line up doesnt get tighter they are going to get killed at donnington.

Aren't they tight enough?
They look close to me.  Undecided
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 06:44:37 PM »

I saw all the NY shows, and the rio show last night.... and if you think that the new band sucks then go watch a 88 bootleg and cry to yourself....

But I can personally say the new band fucking owns. Robin is an amazing guitar player with some of the most interesting musical character i've ever heard. Richard is a fantanstic performer and extremely underated guitar player. Ron is super nice guy, good performer, and well his guitar work speaks for itself. Tommy is and has always been wicked.

Axl voice sounds better than it has in a very very long time, and the band looks hungry and ready to finally take the band to the next level.

I mean you may not agree with me, but don't try to generalize your view as a global one. I personally am compeltely satisified and excited about the current state of Guns n Roses.... if you don't like maybe the velvet revolver board is where you should post.

Personally i haven't heard slash play anything close to as great as the better or twat solo's since 91.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 06:51:31 PM »

One cannot make a judgement from a monotone, three track, buffering, freeze frame feed on AOL.  Sorry, end of story.  This band live/in-person, is tenacious!  They have a more full sound than the old band live, and keep in mind on these horrible web-feeds, only the high pitch, which is one part of Axl's voice tone, is transmitted.  Live, his voice sounds whole, and the differnt pitches are heard well.  Again, this feed sucked balls and most of you coming here, using that as a proof source saying the new band is inferior, is ridiculous.  You must have been hurting, reading all the reviews raving for the New York shows, and then found a small opening and are now trying to exploit it.  In other words, you had your mind's made up prior to the performance. 

AOL feed was indiscernable, thus impossible to use as a judgement.  Find the cut of Finck and Fortus doing "Beautiful" from last night, which came through because it was three pieces, and tell me they can't play.

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 07:01:37 PM »

I think GNR is evoluting.
Evolution is a good thing.
They should do it a bit faster though...
its a slow process aboot 13 yrs. This fall iit should happen though.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

One cannot make a judgement from a monotone, three track, buffering, freeze frame feed on AOL.  Sorry, end of story.  This band live/in-person, is tenacious!  They have a more full sound than the old band live, and keep in mind on these horrible web-feeds, only the high pitch, which is one part of Axl's voice tone, is transmitted.  Live, his voice sounds whole, and the differnt pitches are heard well.  Again, this feed sucked balls and most of you coming here, using that as a proof source saying the new band is inferior, is ridiculous.  You must have been hurting, reading all the reviews raving for the New York shows, and then found a small opening and are now trying to exploit it.  In other words, you had your mind's made up prior to the performance. 

AOL feed was indiscernable, thus impossible to use as a judgement.  Find the cut of Finck and Fortus doing "Beautiful" from last night, which came through because it was three pieces, and tell me they can't play.

hehe i find this funny, i didnt use AOL, i dont even know how to use AOL let alone why would i want to purchase it.

it wasnt a direct live feed either.

plus by the audio recordings ive heard too from various people which wernt off aol, the band didnt sound very in time.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: