Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Which Nightrain do you prefer? Slash/Buckethead/Bumblefoot?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Nightrain do you prefer? Slash/Buckethead/Bumblefoot?  (Read 21428 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2006, 01:41:59 AM »

I think a better question is which version of SCOM is better:

Axl

Sheryl Crowe

or

Carrie Underwood

hihi

too stupid joke Kiss

gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2006, 01:55:08 AM »

Carrie Underwood did SCOM?!  Embarrassed  Someone gag me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2006, 02:10:07 AM »

Solos aside, anyone claiming Axl's voice is anywhere near as strong as it was is smoking something after watching all 3. I was at the Hammerstein and it was a major improvement after the 02 show I saw, but man, he was belting out nightrain in that 1992 video.

As for the favorite solo, Bucket played the outro the best, but Slash wrote it.......so who is really playing it better. If someone tweaked and redid the Mona Lisa a bit to make it more attractive, would it make them a better or more brilliant artist than Da Vince?

Wow I think Naupis just OWNED everyone in this thread.

Great fuckin analogy.

Thats so true.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2006, 02:20:26 AM »

Solos aside, anyone claiming Axl's voice is anywhere near as strong as it was is smoking something after watching all 3. I was at the Hammerstein and it was a major improvement after the 02 show I saw, but man, he was belting out nightrain in that 1992 video.

As for the favorite solo, Bucket played the outro the best, but Slash wrote it.......so who is really playing it better. If someone tweaked and redid the Mona Lisa a bit to make it more attractive, would it make them a better or more brilliant artist than Da Vince?

Wow I think Naupis just OWNED everyone in this thread.

Great fuckin analogy.

Thats so true.

Not really.  It's not that Slash doesn't play his version of the solo great, and he deserves due credit for helping write the song.  But Buckethead's solo really has nothing to do with Slash's, not even the framework.  Buckethead plays an entirely different solo over the Nightrain rhythm section written by Duff and Izzy.  It's also pretty impossible to own someone when we're discussing opinion, Slash and Buckethead both do amazing but very different solos on Nightrain, it just comes down to personal preference
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2006, 02:25:55 AM »

Slash's classic outro solo on Nightrain is the benchmark for which these other 2 hired replacement guys are to be judged - got it?

So this thread should be about who has done the best job of replicating and/or replacing Slashs work - it is absolutley a no-brainer that this solo, along with every other GNR solo to date is Slashs, and these guys can reinterpret it the best they can and thats all they can hope to achieve here.

Its like asking the question of whose version of Vivaldis Four seasons is better and then questioning whether or not the said interpretation beats the composition itself. Priceless stuff

So with that considered, BH to me has it all over BBF - in every area

So you'd happily admit that the guitar work on the original Knockin On Heaven's Door are superior to Slash's?

Why's it such a big deal?? Nobody has a problem saying that the guitars on KOHD are better in the GnR version than the Bob Dylan version.? But it's blasphemy to think that Buckethead's solo on Nightrain is better than Slash's? Tongue

so what youre saying is that its not GNR but another band 'covering' GNR?

I agree entirely

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2006, 02:33:02 AM »

look Bucket's rendition is fuckin amazing! but it's still not as good as Slash's because his is pure emotion. Something inspired Slash to tear up the end of Nightrain. The song could've easily kept repeating the chorus and the Buckethead solo wouldn't even exist but something inspired Slash to come up with those unbelievable melodies.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:44:59 AM by Top-Hatted One » Logged
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2006, 02:42:06 AM »

Slash's classic outro solo on Nightrain is the benchmark for which these other 2 hired replacement guys are to be judged - got it?

So this thread should be about who has done the best job of replicating and/or replacing Slashs work - it is absolutley a no-brainer that this solo, along with every other GNR solo to date is Slashs, and these guys can reinterpret it the best they can and thats all they can hope to achieve here.

Its like asking the question of whose version of Vivaldis Four seasons is better and then questioning whether or not the said interpretation beats the composition itself. Priceless stuff

So with that considered, BH to me has it all over BBF - in every area

So you'd happily admit that the guitar work on the original Knockin On Heaven's Door are superior to Slash's?

Why's it such a big deal?  Nobody has a problem saying that the guitars on KOHD are better in the GnR version than the Bob Dylan version.  But it's blasphemy to think that Buckethead's solo on Nightrain is better than Slash's  Tongue

so what youre saying is that its not GNR but another band 'covering' GNR?

I agree entirely

I already pointed out that it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation for people with your view on it.  If they play it note for note they get slammed for just mimicking what Slash and Izzy already did.  If they put their own spin on it, it's not really GnR.  The band that's playing right now is Guns N Roses, and if you really want to get technical about it, Slash isn't an original or founding member of the band.  Axl is the last man standing from the original GnR days and it's been that way since 1991 in a technical sense and since Duff left the band in the standard sense.  Unfortunately this "dead horse" doesn't have anything to do with the discussion and seems more like a diversionary tactic that's sidetracking the discussion.  The is it or isn't it really GnR has been done to death since the year 2000, everyone's pretty much made up their mind.  Let's leave it at that and come to realize that none of us are going to change each other's mind.

Discussing the different solos, now that we've heard 3 different guitarists take on them is worthwhile because Ron Thal just joined the band.  They all play the solo well in their own way, and some of us think that Buckethead's is the best, I'm not going to say anyone's wrong for thinking Slash's is the best as it's a great solo and Slash is one of the main reasons all of us loved GnR to begin with.  But the discussion of whether the new band is the "real" GnR has next to nothing to do with whether Buckethead or Slash's Nightrain solo is better  peace
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2006, 03:51:40 AM »

bucket played the solo the best... nobody comes close to playing it like that....
shaun
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2006, 04:46:28 AM »

Nightrain Rio - BUCKETHEAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcLJ2A1QHM...20night%20train

Nightrain Ritz AFD ERA - SLASH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO7emHNVkQ8...20night%20train

Nightrain RIO LISBON -BUMBLEFOOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuDiJWJLvQ...nightrain%20rio

Poor Bumble has a bad mix....but overall melody...Buckethead and Slash.... Cool

Buckethead's for his mad factor  beer and Slash's for his grind style  ok

I have not heard Bumblefoot yet. Is this some kind of wind up:  peace

The video you have requested is not available.
If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.
[/color]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:51:26 AM by D0badog » Logged
shaun
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2006, 04:54:38 AM »

Buckethead at RiR playing Nightrain was Nightrain at it's best. Buckethead at Boston'02 (the link) is Buckethead doing things to Nightrain i dislike. I think that's Bucket's style, he likes to play songs differently all the time  Grin
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2006, 05:15:37 AM »

Slash
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2006, 05:33:26 AM »

Slash

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2006, 06:13:33 AM »

Slash (the guy who came up with it, you know)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2006, 07:23:49 AM »

On Nightrain, Buckethead played guitar on a song he didn't write and in my opinion at least made them better than the original

But isn't that in effect "covering" the song?

bucket was in the band, it's not a cover, get over yourself.

yes he is covering it. because if it wasnt for slash you wouldnt havr the nightrain we all know and love and buckethead wouldnt be able to put his fancy techniques over and already written solo.

html sucks
TheMole
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2006, 07:41:40 AM »

Honest to god, cross my heart and hope to die: Slash
I really enjoy listening to that one best.
I really enjoy the complete version of that song best, btw... (axl's voice, Duff's stage presences, Slash's parts, the overall guitar sound, ...)
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2006, 07:58:30 AM »

Slash Slash Slash Definately

i honestly dont get how anyone can enjoy someone else playing slashs parts, to me thats like someone prefering scott weiland singin its so easy over Axl, but live and let live i guess
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2006, 07:59:54 AM »

I meant to say enjoy someone playing slashs parts MORE than slash, of course i still enjoy the new gnr guitarists playin the tunes
shaun
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2006, 08:06:07 AM »

Guns N' Roses - Nightrain - Rock In Rio 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ_8m0gFkks&search=nightrain
this YouTube link works

now that i have seen the song played live, it was good. RiR3 i liked more, first of all i liked Buckethead's performance better and 2nd, Brain was more mad on the drums back in RiR3. Brain sounded like Adler in Riop 2006 (not a bad thing).

So you is best, Slash, Bucket or Bumblefoot. There are all good. Slash sounds the most raw (which i like) and Buckethead sounds the most mad, really i also like. Bumblefoot is somewhere in the middle.

Buckethead wins for me  beer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ni9zBwVQA4&search=nightrain
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:14:59 AM by D0badog » Logged
Origen
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2006, 08:12:37 AM »

Slash.

Oviously the new guys are going to pull off the new songs the best. But as for the old songs Slash.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2006, 08:15:06 AM »

ritz, how good it is isn't the point, it's the band behind it

anyone can make an all star team///
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: