Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 09:42:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  newbies and their damn dead-horse topics
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: newbies and their damn dead-horse topics  (Read 7599 times)
RichardNixon
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »

-What songs from UYI should have been used to make one killer album instead of two albums that are half filler.
-This isn't GN'R without Slash.

As a HTGTH elder, I am tired of these younguns starting these stupid topics in the main section. Where were these "fans" before the '06 tour anyway?

Dick Nixon
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 08:34:18 AM »

Good point. I have always thought there should be like a noobs section of the forum. Maybe dont give them access to the main GNR section until they have a certain number of posts. Or have a long time members section where people with over a 1000 posts can discuss GNR without having to wade through all the noob posts and threads.

RichardNixon
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »

At last we agree on something my friend. We are the "conservatives" of the board.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 08:56:23 AM »

Good point. I have always thought there should be like a noobs section of the forum. Maybe dont give them access to the main GNR section until they have a certain number of posts. Or have a long time members section where people with over a 1000 posts can discuss GNR without having to wade through all the noob posts and threads.

If that were to be implented I think it would only clutter up the board even more with useless topics of people who want to get to a 1000 posts just so they can get in this reserved section on the board.

And for the people like me who haven't yet reached that postcount it will become a living hell with all those useless posts floating around.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 09:03:47 AM »

there should be a limit on posting for the first month after somebody signs up. let members get a feel for the board. atleast untill things settle down. too many noob assholes around who get confused when you talk about the ritz and they start talking about crackers.

when i first came here i lurked in the shadows, if they've not got the common courtesy to do it too force it on them.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 11:41:12 AM »

It will always be a problem. It's on every board.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »

It will always be a problem. It's on every board.

yeah, but at the moment its far worse than usual.
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 12:22:39 PM »

Or have a long time members section where people with over a 1000 posts can discuss GNR without having to wade through all the noob posts and threads.
This isn't going to work. Not everybody replies to every thread. Fuck, I joined in 2003 and I have less than 70 posts...

But there could be a section where you had to get an approval by an admin to enter or something.  ok

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »

But there could be a section where you had to get an approval by an admin to enter or something.? ok
Or people with shit karma are banned from......
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 12:37:16 PM »

All these elitist type of board section suggestions, I think, aren't really good.

Sure. There will always be newbies. And most of their topics are dead horse material. But there will always be people with fresh ideas and less than 100 posts also. To have a noob section would most propably be just another dead horse section so there really isn't a need for one IMO.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

how about EVERBODY,newbies and oldies have to put there topic forward to a mod first for approval before it can be posted.that way nobody can put a silly topic up,coz even oldies do it sometimes.there are poeple here with only 10 posts but theyve been coming here for 6-7 years so to use a post count thingy would be unfair to non-post whores,de ye know what i mean  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 01:21:29 PM »

how about EVERBODY,newbies and oldies have to put there topic forward to a mod first for approval before it can be posted.that way nobody can put a silly topic up,coz even oldies do it sometimes.there are poeple here with only 10 posts but theyve been coming here for 6-7 years so to use a post count thingy would be unfair to non-post whores,de ye know what i mean? ok

Good idea  ok but there's one problem, where are you planning on getting full time mods? that do everything for free? Kiss
RichardNixon
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »

How about newbies look at the dead horse section first.  ok
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 02:44:01 PM »

As a HTGTH elder, I am tired of these younguns starting these stupid topics in the main section. Where were these "fans" before the '06 tour anyway?

Dick Nixon

So, you're saying that if you haven't been a member of this forum for three or so years, you're not a real fan?
I know I wasn't born when Appetite came out and I only discovered GN'R two years ago. Does that make me less of a fan than you? I understand what you mean, and that you get tired of people posting the first thing that comes to mind, but what if you didn't even know about Guns N' Roses before this tour (I'm not saying that I didn't), perhaps you were a fan of Robin or someone else in the band before and now you love this new band. Shouldn't you be able to discuss it with other fans on a messageboard? Even if you didn't listen to the old band religiously? That band doesn't even exist anymore...

As a HTGTH elder, you would know this...
RichardNixon
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »

This forum is for any and every GN'R fan. Doesn't matter is you've liked them since '87 or '06. But for things like "If you could just have one album from both 'Illusion' albums", people need to use the "Dead Horse" section.

And after you have 5 stars, you can big a big snob!? ok
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »

big a big snob!? ok

Is that like "zig-a-zig ah!" in Wannabe?

In the end.. The way it works best is the current system. The problem is that people rarely take the time to use the search or look in the dead horse section.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 05:42:47 PM »

I get your point, the thing just bugged me, that's all  Wink
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »

Or have a long time members section where people with over a 1000 posts can discuss GNR without having to wade through all the noob posts and threads.
This isn't going to work. Not everybody replies to every thread. Fuck, I joined in 2003 and I have less than 70 posts...

But there could be a section where you had to get an approval by an admin to enter or something.? ok
I said "long time members" thread. Obviously, if Jarmo did something like I mentioned, people like you that have been here along time but dont hardly post would be let in. But I doubt if it ever happens. A perfect time to do it was during the leak craze when a trillion people were here.

bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 03:42:09 PM »

-What songs from UYI should have been used to make one killer album instead of two albums that are half filler.
-This isn't GN'R without Slash.

Dick Nixon

yeah excactly, what kind of a fan doesn't follow the band they are a fan of for 10 years? "lyk omgz is gnr back, i had totally forgotten bout dem, whurrz slash?Huh axl is teh suxx0r without slash!!!!!!!1111". fucking punks. i dare not think about what will happen when the US tour and the album is around the corner.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 04:13:54 PM »

Yes, the dead horse questions are annoying, but it's a fact of "internet" life.  You guys sound like old people bitching about kids being on your lawn. hihi

We we're all "Noobs" once.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: