Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 11:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228051 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  rio 5 did you expect more
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 5 did you expect more  (Read 23182 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »

For those of you saying the band ran out of time, that to play more songs would have meant a "5 hour set," perhaps had the band not played 1 drum solo, 1 piano solo, and 5 guitar solos they might have had enough time to squeeze in a few more songs.  Just a thought

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
lul
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2006, 05:32:31 PM »

yeah was gutted he keeps playing the same old shit.. everyones asking why.. but im glad the nov rain solos werent like the rir3  Lips Sealed

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »

I thought the show was fantastic.  Just to be able to SEE them live (via the internet at least, not up close and personal) for the first time in 4 years.  What more can you ask for?  I'm amazed at how many negative comments there have been about the performance.  I couldn't wipe the smile from my face the entire time watching it and I've watched bits and pieces every day since.  On a side note, why did AOL have to censor the songs after its original airing, taking out the expletives?  I guess you can't please everyone, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  So in my opinion I couldn't have been more thrilled with the show and I look forward to many more in the near future.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
estranged.1098
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »

what was the 2002 tour for...^

You mean the American 2002 tour?

yes the whole november to december monster tour

I believe Axl wants to take the band around the world with the old material before he drops the new album.
badapple81
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »

I've been visiting family up north and flew in yesterday so I just watched some of the clips and listened to the mp3s and I am totally blown away by this bands sound and Axl's voice. It's a shame about the quality of the audio.

But for me, if at the end of the 2002 tour if you would have said:

- Axl's voice will sound vintage with the rasp and be 200% better than 02
- The band will play new songs (IRS, Better)
- The band will sound better then EVER
- Axl will ditch the jerseys and go for a rocker look etc..

You would have damn well been looking forward to and content with Rio!

I think we should think about all things people bitched and complained about the last tour and then look at what as have now  yes
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2006, 07:59:58 PM »

i just watched the whole thing on aol, and to be honest, that band rocks.  To me it looks like 2002 was one big rehearsal.  The songs sound alittle different too, and the new songs are amazing.  The band looks like they're rocking out 10000x more then 02.  The only thing they have to do to truly win the fans over is release Chinese Democracy, and then tour with good mix of songs

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »

I would have liked an announcement on the release date for the album.
I would have liked a unheard song from the album being played. Or at least There Was A Time.
And say what you will,but I would have liked to hear what Axl's thoughts are on Scott's comments.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
TheMole
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56:09 AM »

I just now heard the webcast. I expected Axl's voice to be better, a lot better
This is horrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5j2B2V7XYg
And don't blame this on the mix: I can hear the difference between Axl's mike cutting out and Axl's voice sounding, well, not so good at all... At the end, when the mix is really bad in a Tom Jones kinda way, you can hear his voice really well. Don't go telling me that's his voice being "back in all it's UYI glory" huh...
Death Cube K
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2006, 07:00:38 AM »

I expected more songs but the festival ran out of time, so not their fault...

Besides that..it was everything I hoped for.

Its silly to expect more new and unheard songs..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2006, 04:17:49 PM »

First off I thought the show was great.  The audio was a little off watching online, that's been well discussed, but aside from that it was great to see.  Axl did screw up twice though, he's human.  He started Patience early, then stopped and regrouped.  And he started Paradise City early too and he sort of screwed the band up a bit.  I just watched the replay of the song on youtube.com and since he started early the band gets to the part where he's supposed to blow the whistle but he's not ready for it, so then he puts the whistle in his mouth but the band is already passed that.  However, it took me 3 times to notice this and they're very minor mistakes.  Still had a blast watching the show from the comfort of my own room.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Death Cube K
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2006, 04:21:37 PM »

However, it took me 3 times to notice this and they're very minor mistakes.

It's nothing new and it's rock n roll.

The old band did the exact same thing..at Japan 92 they drop off a couple of times but saves it rather well without most people noticing it..

It doesnt matter...its rock n roll.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »

I believe Axl wants to take the band around the world with the old material before he drops the new album.

OK. Then drop the album and don't bother touring after that.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

However, it took me 3 times to notice this and they're very minor mistakes.

It's nothing new and it's rock n roll.

The old band did the exact same thing..at Japan 92 they drop off a couple of times but saves it rather well without most people noticing it..

It doesnt matter...its rock n roll.

Yeah it was still a great show and I'm sure I wouldn't have even noticed it live in person. ?You can pay a little closer attention when they're on your cpu screen.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »

Being it's axl's fav and kind of the show of shows did you expect more

There's no correct answers just wonder if younexpected more then the same

Im sounding like a Hater here lately and I swear to GOD I dont mean to sound this way but I watched about 3 songs on RIR and I was bored out of my fuckin mind.

Maybe its the AFD setlist or the bands lack of energy but I hated it to be honest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2006, 04:26:36 PM »

What good would that do?

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2006, 04:27:22 PM »

Im sounding like a Hater here lately and I swear to GOD I dont mean to sound this way but I watched about 3 songs on RIR and I was bored out of my fuckin mind.

Maybe its the AFD setlist or the bands lack of energy but I hated it to be honest.

Really? I didn't see any of the tour yet. I'm a little surprised you hated it, though.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

Have you watched the concert from beginning to end, or just 3 songs separately? ?You don't get a good feel just watching random songs, much better flow watching the whole show. ?

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2006, 04:28:58 PM »

What good would that do?

At this point who knows. Maybe he'll decide to tour behind it if the reaction to it is what he desires.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2006, 04:33:03 PM »

Have you seen the show from beginning to end or just 3 separate songs?? You gotta watch the whole show to get a good feel for it.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "I hated it", but I was bored very early on.  IT was the sound that took me out of it.  I had heard all the songs in NYC and expected the same set list, but it sucked when yhou couldn't hear anything.  It was like putting on a DVD of your fave movie but the sound is all fucked up so its not as fun as it would be if you could enjoy it.  I think it was more disappointment in the sound then a feeling of "this show sucks". 

once the sound got fixed I started paying a lot more attention to it and began to really enjoy it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: