Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:31:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The new KOHD isn't close to as good as the old.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The new KOHD isn't close to as good as the old.  (Read 21584 times)
Origen
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 04:51:15 AM »

I think '93-version is the best Roll Eyes

Was that sarcasm or not it's hard to tell on here?

But imo the '93 was crap, it was boring done all acoustically.

The strongest version of the song was the '92 version, stretching it out to 10-15 minutes with solos and so on was great. (Only down sside was the "Give me some Reggae  no hihi)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 04:55:27 AM »

I think '93-version is the best Roll Eyes

Was that sarcasm or not it's hard to tell on here?

But imo the '93 was crap, it was boring done all acoustically.

The strongest version of the song was the '92 version, stretching it out to 10-15 minutes with solos and so on was great. (Only down sside was the "Give me some Reggae? no hihi)

Actually it's not sarcasm, but IMO '92-version sucks big time Grin It's hard to tell what is the best version 'cause these are just opinions beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 06:22:50 AM »

i like the new version most. dizzy`s piano is great and the crowd singing part is back. and i like the reggea sound. ok

except for the `93 version, i like them all.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »

the new version is the best so far.

my fave is the budapest one for the moment, amazing.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 07:14:30 AM »

the newest version is very good. really smoothly played by robin and the singalong part ends with a fenomal vocal effort by axl. he screams so loud, i love it!
but i must admit, after that part the song takes too long.
also after the first or second chorus, i like the way axl raises his voice from low to high.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:43 AM »

I've always like the Dylan version, so I like the new guns version since it is closer to the original.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2006, 07:44:34 AM »

i really liked the 2002 version of the song. i don't really like the 2006 version. the solo has no melody, it gets boring, and from what i've heard it's not even that well rehearsed ( the solo) and song just drags for so long it feels like torture. and it brings way to many ska/reggae sounds in the song that i don't like.

the buckethead era version of the song was the best IMO. this one needs a lot of work, specially from ron's part. and he could also take the time to perfect his guitar tone, it sounds very weak, it doesn't have presence, bucket's tone was perfect. even finck's new tone is way better than ROn. i don't get why he'd tour with a vetta amp. that just doesn't sound right for guns n roses. it's all digital.

Chinese Democracy!
mrs axl rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2006, 08:00:16 AM »

Yeah have to agree that new KOHD is not as good as the old version but we must remember that Axl is much older now and his vocals  wont be as good either plus time on the road in front of the audience is so so important to any band......by the end of this run of concerts they will have seen crowd reaction to the old and new material and will change to accomodate this........ peace smoking
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 08:16:22 AM »

Dude it's better than the way it was in the 90's. I fucking hate that version.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Origen
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 08:34:36 AM »

I think half the people here just say the "current" version (which ever is current at the time) is the best.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2006, 08:36:53 AM »

I agree with MeanBone - the 2002 version was the best.  Mellower, and didn't drag out so long.  I hate, hate, hate the singalong part.  When they first started doing it back in the late 80's/early 90's it was a novelty and different.  Now, it just gets boring at the end. 
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »

Somehow it really pisses me off that a lot of people dig the new version. For me it's not GN'R style.

If you like or do not like the older version, fuck it, it is the GN'R version which is part of GN'R identity around the globe! One of the most popular songs they made and I feel like they should stick to that version even how good they play the mellow version.
The old (original) version is for most people even more known than the one from Dylan!

And stop saying that it suits axl better with his age, that's bullshit. I repaet what I already posted: look at lemmy, Leftfield, Osbourne, etc.. they don't get mellow at all, so why should Axl fo that?

What if they would start playing all their songs different?? That's not GN'R at all!! So keep playing the songs the GN'R way!!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54:20 AM »

I'm gonna have to throw the bullshit card on this one. ?I love the ?new version.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2006, 09:57:36 AM »

I agree with MeanBone - the 2002 version was the best.  Mellower, and didn't drag out so long.  I hate, hate, hate the singalong part.  When they first started doing it back in the late 80's/early 90's it was a novelty and different.  Now, it just gets boring at the end. 
Yeah, agreed. I really hate the singalong part, it gets too longer...

Somehow it really pisses me off that a lot of people dig the new version. For me it's not GN'R style.

If you like or do not like the older version, fuck it, it is the GN'R version which is part of GN'R identity around the globe! One of the most popular songs they made and I feel like they should stick to that version even how good they play the mellow version.
The old (original) version is for most people even more known than the one from Dylan!

And stop saying that it suits axl better with his age, that's bullshit. I repaet what I already posted: look at lemmy, Leftfield, Osbourne, etc.. they don't get mellow at all, so why should Axl fo that?

What if they would start playing all their songs different?? That's not GN'R at all!! So keep playing the songs the GN'R way!!!

LOL, what's GN'R style? Estranged or November Rain wasn't GN'R in AFD era...

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2006, 10:20:48 AM »

I agree with MeanBone - the 2002 version was the best.? Mellower, and didn't drag out so long.? I hate, hate, hate the singalong part.? When they first started doing it back in the late 80's/early 90's it was a novelty and different.? Now, it just gets boring at the end.?
Yeah, agreed. I really hate the singalong part, it gets too longer...

LOL, what's GN'R style? Estranged or November Rain wasn't GN'R in AFD era...

Stupid fuck: GN'R style is the way they play their own songs!! nothing related to an era when they play it! Do you hear other bands playing their songs differently? Ok, maybe for one time, on special occasions...

Image they would bring Welcome To The Jungle in a Frank Sinatra way.... LOL, no no no if your a fan, you know what GN'R style is all about!!  Tongue  Cool  Wink

ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 10:21:04 AM »

is it really that difficult to type out Knockin On Heaven's Door, instead of KOHD? ?anyway, back on topic...

i dont think they should play ANY covers at their concerts anymore, at least not after chinese democracy drops...

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »

Stupid fuck: GN'R style is the way they play their own songs!! nothing related to an era when they play it! Do you hear other bands playing their songs differently? Ok, maybe for one time, on special occasions...

Image they would bring Welcome To The Jungle in a Frank Sinatra way.... LOL, no no no if your a fan, you know what GN'R style is all about!!  Tongue  Cool  Wink
Ok, first, read the rules dude.

Second, the way they played KOHD on the album didn't have any reggae. But they can change whatever they want, because they aren't narrow minded like some fans... Also, it's not the same band, so they obviously wanted to do a cover with their own flavor. Nothing wrong with that.

Third, don't tell me I'm not a fan. I'm probabily a fan for as long as you, if not more. So, please, STFU.

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 11:07:15 AM »

we must remember that Axl is much older now and his vocals  wont be as good either

it must be a joke.

Axl sing so much better than in the 90s.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »

Image they would bring Welcome To The Jungle in a Frank Sinatra way.... LOL, no no no if your a fan, you know what GN'R style is all about!!? Tongue? Cool? Wink

Please - the 2002 version was mellower, and WASN'T the original version.  It was played that way consistently on that tour, so therefore warrants an opinion.  And Gn'R's "style" to me is that they can play their songs however they want!  For example, I don't like the electrical version of Used to Love Her that they played in the 90's, but that doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.  It's all a matter of taste.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2006, 11:24:40 AM »

Image they would bring Welcome To The Jungle in a Frank Sinatra way.... LOL, no no no if your a fan, you know what GN'R style is all about!!? Tongue? Cool? Wink
Ok, first, read the rules dude.

Second, the way they played KOHD on the album didn't have any reggae. But they can change whatever they want, because they aren't narrow minded like some fans... Also, it's not the same band, so they obviously wanted to do a cover with their own flavor. Nothing wrong with that.

Third, don't tell me I'm not a fan. I'm probabily a fan for as long as you, if not more. So, please, STFU.

I just wanted to say that they should play the song like GN'R style. The 'I want some reggae' part is not the song itself, its something (jamming part) they did IN the song during the live concerts (for fun) before returning to the song again, which they played like on the album.
If you say the 'new band' wants to play the songs like they feel like they should play the songs, then the band should not call them GN'R!! The way the songs were recorded and played made us GN'R fans in the first place.
This is not narrow minded, this is the heart of a fan speaking! I'm totally not narrow minded, as I support this band with new sound, new style ?Grin ...BUT for new songs! Respect the past, and improve the future! ?Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: