Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:47:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VMA 06
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA 06  (Read 16525 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: June 05, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »

Since GNR will be heading back to the States sometime around September, I was thinking maybe they'd "redeem" themselves on the VMAs this year.

Does everyone think that'd be a good idea for the band at this point?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
makane
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »

I don't think VMA want's them.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »

But do you think it would be a good idea for them to do it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »

Trust me.....they do.

It's not like GN'R wasn't MTV's top requested band (producers' requests) for their VMA program for years in a row after the original band's demise.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 10:51:20 AM »

Without an album or single it wouldn't be worth it. ?They need their own identity. ?Until they do that nobody will take them seriously, unfortunately. ?

Ritz Reeves III
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 10:54:22 AM »

Without an album or single it wouldn't be worth it. ?They need their own identity. ?Until they do that nobody will take them seriously, unfortunately. ?
Yes, this is correct as well.

Hah, imagine GN'R playing Better on the VMAs...the audience would just drown in their own orgasmic juices! hihi
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »

Yeah they definitely need to be singing something new (IMO) and I'm not talking The Blues or Madagascar...I mean NEW, NEW!
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 10:59:57 AM »

They will sink or swim with the new album.  They can't do award shows with any of the news songs no matter how good they are without people knowing the songs they are singing.  So, they need a single or album to hit the radio so people can judge it and decide if they like it or not.

Ritz Reeves III
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 11:00:18 AM »

Without an album or single it wouldn't be worth it.  They need their own identity.  Until they do that nobody will take them seriously, unfortunately. 

I agree. I think it'd be kick ass if they played the first single.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »

Without an album or single it wouldn't be worth it.  They need their own identity.  Until they do that nobody will take them seriously, unfortunately. 

Axl has hinted the album to be dropped in the fall. I'm pretty confident the band won't tour the States without a new album, it'd just be 2002 all over again. VMA's in late August, Inland Invasion in late September. A single out with a month worth of airplay to build the hype, then start touring / drop album. Not saying it'll happen (we went over this in '02), but to me it sounds fairly logical.

How's album releasing in late September/early October?

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Shirell
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »

I completely agree.  They need to get the album out.  Its the only way they can really BE Guns N Roses in most peoples eyes.  I loved the old band but hey, these guys rock.  You've got to hand it to them, let's face it, it can't have been easy to step into Slash and Duff's shoes.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 11:27:52 AM »

Axl has hinted the album to be dropped in the fall. I'm pretty confident the band won't tour the States without a new album, it'd just be 2002 all over again. VMA's in late August, Inland Invasion in late September. A single out with a month worth of airplay to build the hype, then start touring / drop album. Not saying it'll happen (we went over this in '02), but to me it sounds fairly logical.

How's album releasing in late September/early October?

The VMAs are generally on a Thursday (for some reason). Maybe they could do they single, then release it to rock radio the next morning for the weekend. Then let the hype build until the album is released like you said in late September or early October.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 11:29:58 AM »

if axl wants mtv... mtv will jump.  It will only be a good idea if gnr releases a single and video.  Which they should do... so yeah its a great idea.  It should be a powerful single and video and they should tear the fucking vmas down, smash some guitars... axl should scream round 3 and soon is the word and then he should play 4 more hammerstein shows cause I want to go again!
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 11:33:12 AM »

Yeah they should play the VMA if they have a single out. If they don't have a single out in Sept then shit.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 11:42:37 AM »

If they do the VMA, Id say do two or three songs that are new like, open with CD, Better, then TWAT

Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »

If they play the VMA's open with "Welcome to the Jungle " and go into " Better ". Axl did one good thing in 2002..he shocked people by showing up. It was a complete shocker as he ended up at the end. I'd love to see him open the show this year.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »

If they do the VMA, Id say do two or three songs that are new like, open with CD, Better, then TWAT

If they do that, they should really play complete songs. I think thats one thing that really went over peoples heads at the VMAs on 02. I don't think alot of people even understood it was a medley at first.

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 12:00:02 PM »

Wow, we're getting the VMA threads early this year! hihi

People who have been around this forum for awhile will understand this.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »

Wow, we're getting the VMA threads early this year! hihi

People who have been around this forum for awhile will understand this.

The only reason I started this one is because there is so much action this year (as opposed to the last 4).

johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 12:02:28 PM »

2002 VMA's were the highest rated for the VMA's in like 8 years, up 19% over 2001, i remember that was on drudgereport when that happened. and i know the ratings have been off the last few years. i'm sure they want GN'R back. but this is the second post speculating on this i've seen in a week...it's june guys!...geez
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: