Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Dublin (no Motley Crue!) - Avenged Sevenfold supporting  (Read 41647 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #220 on: March 02, 2006, 12:54:59 PM »

I thought the Dublin tickets went on sale last Saturday.? Anyone know how they sold?? If this is already a topic I am sorry.

I would not think, in an arena that seats 30k plus, that it will sell out until the night of the show.
MR. GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »

One of my mates tried to get tickets today and he was told they were sold out so I guess they are. Thankfully I got mine early Saturday morning!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »

awsome. europe loves axl.....

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2006, 01:34:10 PM »

One of my mates tried to get tickets today and he was told they were sold out so I guess they are. Thankfully I got mine early Saturday morning!

Holy shit!!  Can someone confirm and cascade to the board!!!
Graciela
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2006, 01:40:41 PM »

No, Ticketmaster Ireland is still selling them:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/735218?tm_link=tm__g1&hot_ticket_brand=
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »

Thanks? Smiley

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »

i thought the idea of guns playing with motley crue was a horrible idea anyway...i never thought it would actually happen...axl would never agree to play in the same show with a shitty band like motley crue.  gnr is on a completely different level than crue...crue was a fad - a big hair band that was only successful because all shitty big-hair bands were successful in the 80's...

gnr is one of the few true rock bands to come out of the 80's and transcend their generation...

there are two kinds of successful bands...there are shitty bands that succeed only because they ride the bandwagon of a musical trend (like limp bizkit, etc.) only to be forgotten a few years later when people finally wake up and realize they suck.

then there are the truly great bands who will always be good...these are the true legends...bands that rise above the trends of their time to a different level...bands like gnr
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »

well it seems that there aren`t that many tickets left right now... doen`t mean it`s sold out though...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

well it seems that there aren`t that many tickets left right now... doen`t mean it`s sold out though...

How can you tell?
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »

i just tried to but 10 tickets to see if it would let me, and yes it did let me so there are still tickets for this

as for the camera thing, my mate got a disposable camera taken of him, at this venue two years ago at the metallica gig
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2006, 11:21:31 AM »

they still mention Motley Crue as opener??  Bad research for the article is my guess, but they kind of infer that tickets are gone, or nearly gone.  Can anyone comment?

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Guns to blast Dublin

PERFORMANCES from rock giants Guns ?n' Roses have been few and far between in the last decade, so it is not surprising that tickets for their concert at the RDS, Dublin on Friday night, 9 June have been snapped up so quickly.

Guns ?n' Roses blasted onto the music scene in 1985 with their own ferocious brand of rock and roll and since then have been thrilling audiences the world over. Having already sold over 80 million records, Guns ?n' Roses are planning the release of a new studio album soon.

Guns N' Roses will be joined by special guests Motley Crue for the Irish show. Motley Crue pre-date Guns N' Roses by four years, and their biggest and most note-worthy album offering was 1989's "Dr. Feelgood". The new Motley Crue album "Carnival of Sins - Volumes 1`& 2" has just been released.

http://www.westernpeople.com/news/story.asp?j=29677

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »

Guns ?n' Roses are planning the release of a new studio album soon.

hihi, i hate that word  Grin

You're not the only one...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2006, 11:51:01 AM »

Guns ?n' Roses are planning the release of a new studio album soon.

hihi, i hate that word? Grin

You're not the only one...

I fuckin' LOVE that word!!  beer

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2006, 10:19:13 AM »

It looks likely Avenged Sevenfold will be replacing Motley Crue as the support act at the RDS in Dublin. Lots of people are saying here in Ireland. Interestingly, they played the Ambassador this week and my friend went along. He said they played the intro to Paradise City at one point. Afterwards, he went to meet the band. They were surrounded by 15 or 16-year old goths. My friend's about 20 and wearing normal clothes so he probably stood out so the lead singer asked my friend what he thought of the gig. Everyone else was licking their arses so my friend didn't want to do that so he just joked "It was ok, but it wasn't Guns n Roses". Anyway they were talking about the leaks, and the lead singer said he liked them, especially 'Catcher In The Rye'. Just thought you might wanna know. He asked about them playing the RDS, and he said it was possible but he couldn't confirm it yet. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea - I don't want loads of goths at a GnR gig!

Siliconmessiah
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »

I?d bet you?d rather have Mixmaster Mike and CKY...... hihi
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »

I dont want any goths either!

Do ya think they'll draw a big crowd though??

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
godiva
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2006, 10:35:08 AM »

Since AS is opening for GNR, people in the crowd will come to see GNR, not the opening act. I couldn't care less who's opening for GNR, just want to see the band.. So I don't think you have to worry about goths showing up, there will be mostly GNR fans.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »

Since AS is opening for GNR, people in the crowd will come to see GNR, not the opening act. I couldn't care less who's opening for GNR, just want to see the band.. So I don't think you have to worry about goths showing up, there will be mostly GNR fans.

Well, folks, those kid's are what we were fifteen years ago!  If the kid's are into Avenged Sevenfold, instead of another recycled hip-hop artisit, then that tell's me that they have their head on straight and I hope they get into GNR!!  Bring the Goth kid's, bring the punks, bring the hippies, bring the modern rock fans, bring the metal heads---this is Guns and Roses, a band built upon the fusion of different rock elements (classic rock, punk, and metal).
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2006, 11:02:13 AM »

Well there are still quite a lot of tickets left as far as I know. Unless a new GnR album or single is released soon, they will probably need a good selling support act. Thing is Avenged Sevenfold just played a gig, so I don't know if people would pay e64.50 to see them again. And they are quite different so would people considering going to GnR but decide not to, would their mind be changed by A7X. Well, I don't know the answer to that question. I think there was something unique about GnR and Motley Crue together that would make people unsure about either band, think it worth their while because both are playing. Well, at least we won't have to worry about Axl having any personal issues with the support band coz they are massive fans! From my point of view, I don't really like A7X, but I won't be too worried about that.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »

Well, folks, those kid's are what we were fifteen years ago!? If the kid's are into Avenged Sevenfold, instead of another recycled hip-hop artisit, then that tell's me that they have their head on straight and I hope they get into GNR!!? Bring the Goth kid's, bring the punks, bring the hippies, bring the modern rock fans, bring the metal heads---this is Guns and Roses, a band built upon the fusion of different rock elements (classic rock, punk, and metal).
ahmen  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: