Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2006 - the year
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006 - the year  (Read 8400 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 05:23:50 PM »

This year hasn't been all that different from 2002, infact there were probably more news about CD then, then there is

Looks like you don't remember 2002 too well then. Roll Eyes

Check the setlists. They play songs you didn't know existed in 2002.

/jarmo

Not only the setlists, but the band has changed a lot. And I'm not talking about 1 member only, all of them changed. The band's chemistry is better than never.
Oh, and we have Izzy and Bach.

Yeah, the shows this year are way better than the 2002 ones according to many people who went to both.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 05:29:17 PM »

This year hasn't been all that different from 2002, infact there were probably more news about CD then, then there is

Looks like you don't remember 2002 too well then.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Who the hell said anythink about setlist  Roll Eyes Maybe you should try reading peoples posts better before you respond.

I said we probably had more CD NEWS in 2002. If you add up everythink that happened in 2002 before the cancelled tour and everythink that's happened in 2006 I can't see that much difference. 3 new songs from an album which still doesn't have a release date and guest spots on stage.

A MTV interview with Dizzy&Tommy and a Buckethead interview.
Lots of Music channels covering the tour.
VMAs performance.
Axls interview after the VMAs regarding the album.
Axl interview over the radio.
2001 and planned 2003 tour.
Axl actually mentioning the album on stage.
Axl mentioning up to 3 album on stage and what songs and why they were playign what they were live.

So after all that I thought CD was pretty damn close at the end of 2002 before the tour got cancelled. Now in 2006 I can't really see how much has changed, Axl has said it's coming and he's started a tour, yeah he did that 4 years ago as well. When there is an official CD release date that is when it will be "the year", whether that be 2006,2007 whenever. 2006 has been a major from 2002 in which the band perform but it comes down to a yes or no question for me, does thealbum have an official released date, and you already know the answer. So that's all I'm going to say on the matter because you will probably just give me some sarcastic responce telling me to look at old setlists again.

Whilst your there don't forget the 'launching pads' and 'hair breadths' and multiple references to '95% done' etc. I also remember an interview where Brain compared CD to Led Zepplin 2...

I was as optomistic back then as I am now...not that I don't think there's more of a chance now that we'll see an album but its hard not be sceptical when you've been waiting soo long  Cry

Here today...ready to rock
SlashxDelonge1458
Banned
Headliner

Gunner Lies

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 06:19:34 PM »

Yea, it has been good. Still no CD though  crying

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 06:26:42 PM »

I said we probably had more CD NEWS in 2002. If you add up everythink that happened in 2002 before the cancelled tour and everythink that's happened in 2006 I can't see that much difference. 3 new songs from an album which still doesn't have a release date and guest spots on stage.

You don't think there's a reason why they don't talk about it now?

What does it matter if you had more news about the album in 2002? Does it make you happier?

I prefer 2006, the band is better and the shows are better.

When the album is done for release, there'll be news about it.

A lot of people take bits of news and rumors and blow them out of proportion, only to feel let down. I even read about certain people who were complaining that Brian May didn't show up at any of the UK shows. GN'R never said he would, yet people seemed unhappy when it didn't happen!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »

Just imagine for a second, that you left the country and went to travel Europe or away to school etc., and weren't able to log onto HereTodayGoneToHell.com, so you had no real clue of any gnr news...

so from 2002-2005, nothing.

you go away. you come back....

GnR is everywhere, Axl is everywhere...out in public, laughing on stage during their tour, a few more CD tracks were revealed, new guitarist who communicates with fans, and all the other news, all the other GnR stuff that seems to be happening all the time now!!

its amazing how much has happened this year!!!!

axl is everywhere, gnr is retired though... It is a good year so far and looking better for axl and his hired guns.. Hopefully we finally get new music we never heard at shows, plus a single and cd.. beer
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 06:53:49 PM »

So after all that I thought CD was pretty damn close at the end of 2002 before the tour got cancelled. Now in 2006 I can't really see how much has changed, Axl has said it's coming and he's started a tour, yeah he did that 4 years ago as well. When there is an official CD release date that is when it will be "the year", whether that be 2006,2007 whenever. 2006 has been a major from 2002 in which the band perform but it comes down to a yes or no question for me, does thealbum have an official released date, and you already know the answer. So that's all I'm going to say on the matter because you will probably just give me some sarcastic responce telling me to look at old setlists again.

Whilst your there don't forget the 'launching pads' and 'hair breadths' and multiple references to '95% done' etc. I also remember an interview where Brain compared CD to Led Zepplin 2...

I was as optomistic back then as I am now...not that I don't think there's more of a chance now that we'll see an album but its hard not be sceptical when you've been waiting soo long  Cry

Brain didn't sound very optimistic about the release then. he was like "if it ever comes out".

The biggest difference between 2002 and 2006 is that I'm here this time. peace 
Yay, Lucky me, I wasn't too late for the show. The world revolves around me.   hihi
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 08:25:17 PM »

Looks like you don't remember 2002 too well then.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Who the hell said anythink about setlist  Roll Eyes Maybe you should try reading peoples posts better before you respond.

VMAs performance.
Axl mentioning up to 3 album on stage and what songs and why they were playign what they were live.

But youre forgetting that Axl has lost weight! CD must be close for sure. Why else would he look so fit??!?

(sarcasm)
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 09:30:09 PM »

Axl is singing a lot better in 2006 than 2002, but the band is not as good as it was in 2002, due to the loss of Bucket. I've seen the band in 2002 and 2006, so I know what I'm talking about. Buckethead would put this band over the top right now. The problem you have right now is that you've replaced Bucket, who was the foil to Axl in 2002, with a guy who is a techically good guitar player, but who lacks star power. I think with Bucket the public could have accepted this band as a New GnR, built for the new millenium. My biggest concern now is that the public won't gravitate to Robin as a star, and this band will just be seen as The Axl Rose Band hiding behind the GnR name. If Axl can't get Bucket back for the US tour, here is what he should do. He needs to promote Richard to lead guitar and switch Robin and Bumble to the roles of Lead/Rhythm. Richard has the best mix of technical ability and charsima of the three guitarists, and Axl should promote Richard as the new Slash/Bucket.?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:34:06 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:37 PM »

Looks like you don't remember 2002 too well then.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Who the hell said anythink about setlist? Roll Eyes Maybe you should try reading peoples posts better before you respond.

VMAs performance.

Most of those things you mentioned don't have anything to do with CD news. Seems like the main differences you mention are that the 2002 tour was better covered by large media outlets and that Axl mentioned the album on stage (in fact in the Trunk interview Axl mentioned the three album thing). This time around we have a considerabley larger tour that is going a lot better than our poor doomed 2002 tour. Axl's given a specific time frame of "fall, late fall" instead of "I don't know if soon is the word". We had a lot of crazy speculation about CD back then but now we've got a time frame from the man himself, more songs from the album being played live, Fortus telling us that they were actually listening to final or near final mixes of songs on the tour (a little different from Tommy telling us it was being mixed, something which I don't think he said until 2003).
 ? ? ? ?Maybe the news about CD isn't greater in number of items we were told but I think the news is a little more substantial this time around. I think if you take a look back at what's happened so far this year (leaks, Axl interview, new guitarist, more shows than 2002 and far superior ones, the end of the lawsuit, Axl constantly being out in public, the band really gelling well together and finally, to us anyway, acting like a band) and consider that a US tour is about to start as well you might realize that this year is a little different from 2002, CD news aside. I don't mean to be a dick, but I just don't get why you aren't ridiculously excited. Maybe you don't want to jinx it by getting excited and are waiting until everything is set in stone to finally enjoy it. It's okay, I do that sometimes too.

P.S. Who cares what the public thinks? It's not cool to like a big rock band now and until someone tells the public it is cool they won't no matter how big of a star guitar player they have. Maybe we should let the music do the talking instead of telling the guys to switch so and so to such position so that grumpy, pretentious music critics and 15 year old girls will like them. Just a thought.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »

Yeah. It doesn't seem like much has changed since 2002, but it doesn't matter. Because it's Axl.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 01:27:33 AM »

i hope its the year
i have to say though axl looks and sounds much better in my opinion now than 4 years back

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2006, 04:16:06 AM »

The band is much tighter and better than they were in 2002 and Axl is in form again. That's the difference. 

And I hope for one other difference, the promised album.  Lips Sealed

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
badapple81
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »

2006 is totally different.

Axl dropped the jersey look which the haters bitched about.. his voice is back.. oh which the haters bitched about.. but still they complain!

The 2006 setlist also has new songs unheard in 2002.

The band is much much tighter and sounds much better than 2002.

Axl completed the European tour with no cancellations.

Things are on track  ok
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2006, 05:13:57 AM »

gnr fans have been lied on regular basis by the band members incl axl about release of new album since the new gnr came out. in the press release in 2004 about rir cancellation and buckets departure axl said we hope to announce a release date in a few months - 2006? when asked about fall release he said:absolutely. hopefuly he means it this time around. one thing though clock is ticking and he is only getting older.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:28:34 AM by Big Willie » Logged

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 05:18:07 AM »

gnr fans have been lied on regular basis by the band members incl axl about release of new album since the new gnr came out. in the press release in 2002 about rir cancellation and buckets departure axl said we hope to announce a release date in a few months - 2006? when asked about fall release he said:absolutely. hopefuly he means it this time around. one thing though clock is ticking and he is only getting older.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 05:21:04 AM »

gnr fans have been lied on regular basis by the band members incl axl about release of new album since the new gnr came out. in the press release in 2002 about rir cancellation and buckets departure axl said we hope to announce a release date in a few months - 2006? when asked about fall release he said:absolutely. hopefuly he means it this time around. one thing though clock is ticking and he is only getting older.

I dont care that he's getting older.
the problem is that I'm getting old/tiered.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 11:40:33 AM »

If it doesn't come out this year I think they've blown it
no...  it would go on like it always did...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2006, 12:20:35 PM »

if you think about it there were no songs played on the 2002 tour that werent heard live before. The Blues, Madagascar, and Chinese Democracy were all played at Rock in Rio in 2001. I think the biggest news about a new CD (besides an actual release date) is hearing songs off that CD played by the band. We got 3 songs played on the 2006 tour that were never played before (Better, There was a Time, and IRS) instead of 0 songs that were never played before on the 2002 tour.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: