Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:49:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  After GH do you think the gigs had new fans there?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: After GH do you think the gigs had new fans there?  (Read 4261 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 07:56:37 AM »

Well it's not just greatest hits that gets people into GN'R today.

I became a GN'R fan last year after my friend told me to checkout this solo... He told me it was from Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses so I checked the gunners out.

Changed my life.

If you've only been a fan for a year, then how the fuck can you criticize the new band and say they pale in comparison to the original guys, if you never even experienced the original band?!

Not to mention you're constantly droning about how the new tracks suck compared to the classics, well you've only been living with the classics for a year...give them a few more and Im sure there shall be a few songs that you grow tired of and think pale in comparison to say Better or IRS. ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »

Well it's not just greatest hits that gets people into GN'R today.

I became a GN'R fan last year after my friend told me to checkout this solo... He told me it was from Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses so I checked the gunners out.

Changed my life.

If you've only been a fan for a year, then how the fuck can you criticize the new band and say they pale in comparison to the original guys, if you never even experienced the original band?!

Not to mention you're constantly droning about how the new tracks suck compared to the classics, well you've only been living with the classics for a year...give them a few more and Im sure there shall be a few songs that you grow tired of and think pale in comparison to say Better or IRS. ok

+1 - It really amuses/annoys me to see people who have been into the band 1-2 years putting down the new band because it isn't the "real" GNR. Yeah, right- give me a call when you've been into AFD for 18 years. Not that everyone isn't entitled to an opinion - just don't voice it as objective fact, and don't start calling long-time fans "sophists" just because you're in philosophy 101 or whatever.

On topic, I can't really say that I was interested in buying GH, because I already own everthing but Sympathy. It is cool to hear that it's getting some younger people into the band. There were definitely some teenage kids at the Hammerstein show I went to, and it was nice to see.
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »

cos for you, I might be just a noob lol? And maybe that?s what I am, but even knowing that I dunno as much as you do about GN?R, you can be sure that I love the band just as much as you do.

i'm just as sure of that, i think it's great that GN'R can get such devoted new fans even though nothing new has been released for years, apart from 'oh my god' and 'sympathy for the devil' it's been 13 years!! you lot rule!  peace

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

no! no new fanz weil axl? rose is verbraucht und alt! der kann da keinen mehr mitreissen! dazu kommt leider das er ein gro?es arschloch ist und derbe viel druffschl?gt der alte rechtsradikale ficker!!

Could you please stop posting in German...  Roll Eyes

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: