Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When will we hear the "BIG Guns"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When will we hear the "BIG Guns"  (Read 5653 times)
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« on: June 09, 2006, 05:02:14 AM »

In 2002, uncle Axl said that he was holding off on the Big Guns.  Does anyone think that the leaks were the Big Guns? (I don't)  I think our first opportunity to hear them will not be during the current European tour, but at the KROQ's Inland Invasion on September 23rd, 2006 in California.  Axl said CD will be released in the fall and the KROQ concert happens to be on the second day of fall.

Or I could be completely wrong Grin
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 05:37:41 AM »

We've already heard Big Guns. TWAT and CITR were tracks that had been hyped for years. We've heard them. Axl considers The Blues and Better two of his favorite songs. We've heard them. Only mythical tracks we haven't heard yet are Prostitute and This I love.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 05:49:55 AM »

yeah man i can't wait for axl to bring AK-47 on stage.

oh man, that was NOT funny !

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 05:50:58 AM »

We've already heard Big Guns. TWAT and CITR were tracks that had been hyped for years. We've heard them. Axl considers The Blues and Better two of his favorite songs. We've heard them. Only mythical tracks we haven't heard yet are Prostitute and This I love.

"Axl's favorite" doesn't equal "big gun". The Blues, for example, was played before Axl said (in 01-02) that none of the songs played then will be singles and he's hoding off the big guns. I don't doubt Better being one of the "big guns", but that's it.

If there's several rockers to be heard on the album I bet some of them are radio friendly and catchy, thus having prospects of being "big" commercially. Axl's own preferences in music go beyond commercial aspects of the tracks so his favorites aren't necessarily the ones that will be the biggest commercially.

And we can stop with the fact like presentation regarding information on CD. We still don't know shit about the tracks. Well, ok, we do now but only about the tracks we've heard. There can be dozens of great tracks that the band considers superior to what we've heard and protects them to a greater extent from leaking. Meaning we don't even know the titles!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 06:19:03 AM »

If there's several rockers to be heard on the album I bet some of them are radio friendly and catchy, thus having prospects of being "big" commercially. Axl's own preferences in music go beyond commercial aspects of the tracks so his favorites aren't necessarily the ones that will be the biggest commercially.
I dont consider Big Gun to mean commercial hits. When band members describe CD having songs that are mindblowing, earth shattering,etc., I consider those tracks to be big guns.
And we can stop with the fact like presentation regarding information on CD.
Or you can stop with it. I am not changing the way I post, and I dont think I need an IMO before every sentence to get my point across.
There can be dozens of great tracks that the band considers superior to what we've heard and protects them to a greater extent from leaking. Meaning we don't even know the titles!
I dont buy that. If there were dozens of tracks that are light years ahead of the songs we have heard, those songs would be being performed instead of what we are hearing now. Axl is not going to perform new songs that have no chance of being on the album. I could see maybe one of the songs not making the cut, but all of them not making it so these "unheard dozens" have a chance to make CD? No way.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:27:22 AM »

I think we've already heard the big guns.. TWAT and Better.. but maybe not the biggest guns.. we don't know yet maybe there is a song that will be like the most suxxesful song in the world.. okey don't think so myself but that would be cool as shagging  hihi
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:16:55 AM »

If those are The Big GUNS then they are in trouble!

Those aren't the BIG GUNS if you think so your on HIGH!
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 08:29:56 AM »

Yeah. I agree that we have heard " The Big Guns" and yes they are in trouble  Undecided

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:36:52 AM »

I think Better and TWAT are big guns. They're amazing, mindblowing songs! If there are two or three more songs as good as those and rest as good as I.R.S or Madagascar I'm more than happy!
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 08:38:55 AM »

I think Better and TWAT are big guns. They're amazing, mindblowing songs! If there are two or three more songs as good as those and rest as good as I.R.S or Madagascar I'm more than happy!

They are not bad but  mindblowing  no

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 08:39:30 AM »

Mindblowing? Earthshattering? In trouble?

Geez people, don't loose perspective. We are talking about SONGS. Songs gain real mythical status only ?over years, and even that not very often. Stairway to heaven and Another brick in the wall MAY BE songs you can reach general consensus that they were earthshattering - in a long run. But they are still just songs, NOT liked by millions. And so are the old GNR-Songs, even WTTJ, even SCOM, even NR.

I love the old stuff like everybody else here, because it was great music AND it was literally written in my DNA over the years. That's why these songs gained mindblowing status for me OVER THE YEARS.

ChinDem CAN be just this in the first step: Fantastic music. And then, in the long run, we'll see, if it gains the mythical status AFD and UYI gained.

And don't forget: You were about 10-20 years younger when you first heard AFD and/or Illusions. Your mind was a lot easier to blow...

Big guns? That means "just" fantastic music to me, and the leaks show that exactly this will be on the CD. It is NOT re-inventing the sexual intercourse.

Restraint is for suckers.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 08:41:48 AM »

And so it begins....

This album has been so hyped and has reached such mythic proportions that I don't think there will be a gun big enough to live up to it. I belive the word is 'Anticipointment'. It's not going to change the world, it's not going to revolutionize music, it's just going to be a really really good rock album. Nothing more. It just seems like more than that because you don't have it yet.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 09:32:29 AM »

well....  back in 2002, we didn`t even know if tracks like citr, twat or IRS were for real... people considered the blues and madagascar to be masterpieces.

now we got them and they`re great. also, noone heard about the song "better" until january 13th...  and now we got it as well and most people consider it to be the best of the new tracks so far....   i mean imagine if axl comes up with a song called "great" on CD hihi

you get my point..... we should wait for the record. i guess there`s a lot more going on.... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »

Really? I mean realisticly axl could release anything under the name chinese democracy and a certain number of people would buy it just cos of the hype, another lot cos they'd buy anything with the GNR name. But all that aside...I think we've been spoiled cos the previous GNR records have SO MANY kickass songs...but like most bands albums have a mix of ok songs and a few greats. So i mean to me - well ok i'd buy it anyway - but if you think about an album with IRS, The Blues, Maddy, TWAT, better and Catcher in studio quality - sounds like a damn good album as is to me.

Anyway i'm just saying - it will be cool if theres more big guns - but I think whats looking like already being on there is fucking amazing!!
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 10:29:34 AM »

I dont consider Big Gun to mean commercial hits. When band members describe CD having songs that are mindblowing, earth shattering,etc., I consider those tracks to be big guns.

Yeah, I got that you won't acknowledge other possibilities.

And we can stop with the fact like presentation regarding information on CD.

Or you can stop with it. I am not changing the way I post, and I dont think I need an IMO before every sentence to get my point across.

Like assholes don't need to say please or excuse me to get their point across? And where did I present my views as facts?

There can be dozens of great tracks that the band considers superior to what we've heard and protects them to a greater extent from leaking. Meaning we don't even know the titles!

I dont buy that. If there were dozens of tracks that are light years ahead of the songs we have heard, those songs would be being performed instead of what we are hearing now. Axl is not going to perform new songs that have no chance of being on the album. I could see maybe one of the songs not making the cut, but all of them not making it so these "unheard dozens" have a chance to make CD? No way.

Taking words out of your ass. I never said anything about big guns being lightyears ahead. I never said that they will be better than what we heard. I never said that what we've heard won't end up on CD. I said Axl could've named his favorites based on very different criteria and used the term "big guns" to describe songs that will be considered hits and commercial successes in the main stream public.

And what the hell are you talking about GNR performing songs that won't be on CD? I'm talking about not playing all the songs that are going to be there. And btw, they have played songs that won't be on CD!

And your logic sucks ass anyway. The leaks are quite old, but still we didn't hear Better or CITR in '01-'02. It means Axl probably wanted to protect them from getting into general knowledge because they're among the top tracks on CD. And like you didn't know that there's a lot more songs (finished or not) in store for future albums. You think they're gonna pick tracks for CD based on which are simply better than others? You think it was accident that e.g. Don't Cry wasn't on AFD? You think the possible follow-up albums are gonna suck ass because best tracks are used on CD? No. It's about the whole entity that is CD. Not just 10-15 individual tracks, but also how those tracks fit together on the record.

Bottom line: if there's better songs that we haven't heard it's as well justified not hearing them now as not hearing Better or CITR in '01-'02. And for the same reasons they won't be played until the American tour when the album (hopefully) is out. It would be in the band's and the label's interest to hide the greatest tracks in order not to give away everything before the release. Especially when the non-single material is as great as it is. In today's crappy-ass music industry the logic is usually inverse due to the albums having only 1-2 ok tracks which have to be used to create a buzz before the album is out.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

"When will we hear the 'BIG Guns?'"

A lot of people seem to think we have.

For the record, I'll be happy with whatever is released on Chinese Democracy.

But for the sake of album sales with the general public, CD won't be a very strong campaign with songs like TWAT and I.R.S. leading the charge.? Especially when considering the time it's taken for this mythical album to finally see the light of day.

I just hope for the record sales end of it that Prostitute and This I Love are more on the level of what people expect from a name like Guns N' Roses.? Either that or some stellar tunes with some of the other songs we haven't heard anything about yet.

McDuff
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:10 PM »

I think alot of people are going to be dissapointed with the new album once it's released,I mean because I mean because there's so much hype,anyway I just want the fucking album to come out so we can just hear the  fucking songs  smoking
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

i think we have (heard the big guns) with Better and T.W.A.T  hihi

...having heard the live version of Better i kinda prefer the raw sounding leaked studio version with it's drum machine weirdness  Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 12:02:32 PM by codenameninja » Logged
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »

Maybe ryadh and silkworms are the next BIG Guns. Axl favourites hihi.but all the people says thy sucks.Axl get dissapointed.so they neverplayed again.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »

Too me, The "Big Guns" can mean different things to different people depending on their taste in music.....some people may consider "Rhiad" and OMG Big Guns hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: