Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 05:48:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228026 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for A-Rod to say Bye-Bye to NY?  (Read 36764 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 12:04:13 PM »

2001: Mike Mussina
2002: Jason Giambi
2003: Hideki Matsui, Aaron Boone, Jeff Weaver
2004: A-Rod Sheffield
2005: Randy Johnson
2006: Johnny Damon (Coco's better!)

Coco's better?HuhHuh??   Not quite
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »

Ummm...where exactly in that earlier thread that you quoted and responded to did it say that they need to trade him BECAUSE he's in a slump?
That's what I was saying

Dude, look at your own quote:

"No said they were going to trade him. And no one suggested you trade the best player int he game because he's having a slump."

But now, you switch directions AGAIN.

I added the slump part since it would be the only logical explanation someone could have for suggesting he be traded. What other reason could there be?  He puts up consistant, incredible numbers.  He's a team player.  He likes NYC.  What else is there?

The slump is, essentially, what's leading to the booing. The "suggestion" was he should go because he isn't being "accepted" by the fans (and I assume your evidence of this is their reaction when he's at bat).  He sure as hell wasn't getting booed during the early part of the season when he was hitting.  Thus, you've suggested he be traded because he's in a slump. Or that he'd ASK to get traded because of the slump. The logic is pretty easy to follow.

The fact is, with few exceptions, every notable Yankee in history has been booed at some point in their career.  It's what the fans do...they get on guys having a bad streak or even just a bad day.  The players know that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »

Ummm...where exactly in that earlier thread that you quoted and responded to did it say that they need to trade him BECAUSE he's in a slump?
That's what I was saying

Dude, look at your own quote:

"No said they were going to trade him. And no one suggested you trade the best player int he game because he's having a slump."

But now, you switch directions AGAIN.

I added the slump part since it would be the only logical explanation someone could have for suggesting he be traded. What other reason could there be?? He puts up consistant, incredible numbers.? He's a team player.? He likes NYC.? What else is there?

The slump is, essentially, what's leading to the booing. The "suggestion" was he should go because he isn't being "accepted" by the fans (and I assume your evidence of this is their reaction when he's at bat).? He sure as hell wasn't getting booed during the early part of the season when he was hitting.? Thus, you've suggested he be traded because he's in a slump. Or that he'd ASK to get traded because of the slump. The logic is pretty easy to follow.

The fact is, with few exceptions, every notable Yankee in history has been booed at some point in their career.? It's what the fans do...they get on guys having a bad streak or even just a bad day.? The players know that.

Just a mis-understanding Pilferk - When you just said " Dude look at your own quote - My own quote said " No said they were gonna trade him ( It was supposed to read - No one said they were going to trade him) The slump part you threw in there, understandably because he's slumping now, but I've been to 18 games already this year and you don't want to know how many I went to last year, trust me when I tell you this is nothing new. From within his 2nd or 3rd month on the team, the fans have always been very un-easy with him ( And I'm not saying I agree with that ) - It's almost like he can do no right in their mind - And for that, I was giving my honest opinion that he should sit down with Cashman and find another home. Obviously there's like what? 2 teams that could even handle his financial status, but you never know, it could be done, and I really believe if a team called the Yanks today and inquired - that they would listen. Probably not for this season, but for the off-season....maybe

Apologies if I was abrasive earlier - did'nt mean to be - honest Lips Sealed
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

Look at the team the Yankees could have right now had they not traded nearly every prospect away for big-name, ego-driven talent:

C Jorge Posada
1B Nick Johnson
2B Robinson Cano
3B Mike Lowell
SS Alfonso Soriano
LF Hideki Matsui
CF Derek Jeter
RF Willy Mo Pena
DH Bernie Williams
SP Rotation: Andy Pettitte, Jose Contreras, Jake Westbrook, Ted Lilly, Brandon Claussen
Bullpen: Eric Milton, Zach Day, Yhency Brazoban, Chien-Ming Wang, Matt Smith, Damaso Marte, Mariano Rivera
Bench: Dioner Navarro, David Dellucci, Cristian Guzman, Andy Phillips

Lineup: Jeter, Cano, Soriano, Matsui, Posada, Pena, Williams, Lowell, Johnson

That team would be absolutely deadly, wouldn't have as many huge egos, and might actually have won a World Series or two since 2000.? The only weak spot is maybe the #5 starter and a couple guys in the bullpen.

Let's address some of those, shall we.

Posada is there, obviously
1B Nick Johnson, while a solid player, has been plagued with injuries. ?He also had a pretty sucky 2004 season. ?Consistency and health are both questionable.
2B Robinson Cano is already there...and it was either him or Soriano. ?If you think Jeter was gonna leave the SS position, you're smoking crack. ?He wasn't gonna do it for A-Rod, never mind Soriano. ?Which means soriano would have been delegated to exactly the spot he's in, and so unhappy with, with the Nationals. ?The outfield.
3B Mike Lowell is a solid 3rd baseman. ?That said, he's no A-Rod. He had a terrible '05 season, and to keep him would have meant bumping Scott Brocious off 3rd base, something that would have been considered sacrelidge had you suggested it at the time.
SS Alfonso Soriano wouldn't be at SS. ?He might have held 2nd base, with Cano in the outfield, but it's more likely to have happened the other way. ?And we all know Soriano is not happy about the assignement down in Washington, which means he woudln't have been happy about it in NYC, either. ?And it means there's a good chance he would have left, of his own accord, with the Yanks getting nothing. ?I'd say, as good as Soriano is....I'd trade him for A-rod every day of the week and 2x on Sunday.
LF Hideki Matsui is already in the OF.
CF Derek Jeter is playing SS, and would not be playinig any other position for quite some time.
RF Willy Mo Pena is a good point, except he left the Yanks farm system VERY early on. ?To credit him as a "product" of their farm system might be a bit of a stretch. ?
DH Bernie Williams is there, obviously.

Andy Pettitte left of his own accord. ?He wasn't traded.
 Jose Contreras had his chance in NYC..more than one chance, actually, and sucked. ?You want to talk about people who can't "hack it" playing for the Yanks? ?You need look no further than Contreras.
 Jake Westbrook is a stretch. ?He was drafted by the Rockies and only spent about 6 mos with the Yanks...and brought them David Justice, for Gods sake. ?Surely that's fair compensation back in 2000?
 Ted Lilly went over FOR Jake...so you can't have both.
 Brandon Claussen brought the Yanks Aaron Boone. Hardly a huge name...and hardly a bad trade.

Bullpen: I'm gonna ignore the bullpen because, by and large, there ARE a lot of Yankee prospects and farm system grads there.
Eric Milton,
Zach Day,
Yhency Brazoban,
Chien-Ming Wang,
Matt Smith,
Damaso Marte,
Mariano Rivera

Bench: Dioner Navarro, David Dellucci, Cristian Guzman, Andy Phillips
Most of the above guys were not going to stay put and play second fiddle.
Andy is probably going to get his shot in the very near future...he's already basically getting it, but within the next couple of years you'll see him as a full time Yankee position player. Giambi, as good a season as he's having, is not going to last forever at 1B...it's already a platoon job.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:48:22 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 06:34:24 PM »

how about the fucking mets baby,. fuck A-Sap, he can't play under pressure, take your red neck randy with em..
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »

how about the fucking mets baby,.

Nice call, Mike, I fuckin love it!  I know it's only June and all but they are looking great.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 07:06:05 PM »

how about the fucking mets baby,. fuck A-Sap, he can't play under pressure, take your red neck randy with em..

The fucking mets are playing great ball - but I know you're kept up late at nights , knowing full well that if we meet in the Series - The Yanks are gonna wipe the floor with you AGAIN!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »

The fucking mets are playing great ball - but I know you're kept up late at nights , knowing full well that if we meet in the Series - The Yanks are gonna wipe the floor with you AGAIN!

The Series?  Please, I just want to win the division, it's only been 18 years. 
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 07:24:57 PM »

The Series?? Please, I just want to win the division, it's only been 18 years.?

Yeah, I hear ya. Feel good though. Minaya's built you guys a pretty solid squad. I'm a little worried about your pitching though. It's in better shape than the Yanks, but it's still a little shaky, I think -
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »

I would just worry about the yankees, the mets are the far superior team this year... I hope A chump can breath with all that choking smoking

19 games over 500, 9 1/2 up on the phillies who they just swept 9-1 on their road trip, david wright baby 50 rbi, batting 335

The yanks will battle this year, I love that that hillbilly randy johnson finally sucks.. Nothing makes me happier the when the boss spend  mucho bucks and the investment goes belly up...

I had to listen to all the bandwagon yankee fans for the past decade ,I'm just having some fun... Donny baseball brought his bad luck to the team hihi
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 02:23:27 AM »

I would just worry about the yankees, the mets are the far superior team this year... I hope A chump can breath with all that choking smoking

19 games over 500, 9 1/2 up on the phillies who they just swept 9-1 on their road trip, david wright baby 50 rbi, batting 335

The yanks will battle this year, I love that that hillbilly randy johnson finally sucks.. Nothing makes me happier the when the boss spend? mucho bucks and the investment goes belly up...

I had to listen to all the bandwagon yankee fans for the past decade ,I'm just having some fun... Donny baseball brought his bad luck to the team hihi

It's not even the all star break and you are talking shit .   You mut fans need to worry about your own pathetic franchise  and stop obsessing over the Yankees.   Remember that your team plays in a pathetic division and the NL in general is a pathetic joke.  The yankees have tons of injuries  and are still in first place.  As far as Yankees fans being bandwagoners  , every single successful franchise has its share of bandwagon fans ( cowboys, lakers, etc)  .  I think it is a disgrace how you mut fans don't even go to shea to support your team.  Everytime I turn on SNY  that Dump you call a ballpark is always half empty, while yankee stadium sells out even for the Kansas City Royals. Yankees will have a total of 5 million people in attendance this yr  that is just insane .  Tell me, what is the excuse for Mets not to sell out, if the Yankees fans are such bandwagoners like you say they are  wouldn't it make sense  for them to be attending Shea Stadium   since the muts have a better record??  Just face it,  Muts will always be second fiddle to the Yankees.  Go to any country around the world and ask them to name an American sports team and they will all say " Yankees".    Yankees = american sports  .   So please stop your bitterness  and put the 2000 yankee ass woopin behind you ,  it is obviously eating you mut fans  inside. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 04:29:31 AM »

you trying to tell me with JD, gay rod, jeeeeter, and juice box giambi you still need more hitters hihi You have one consistent pitcher in mussina, no one's fault randy finally got old this year.. MAtsui is missed, but I think shefield is finished or soon to be he has to many problems...

True the mets are second to the yankees, but that's because they had many years of winning from 96 on, when I was a kid following the mets all through the 80's it was the mets on the daily new sport section cover..? Mets have a damn good team with lots of young potential, so there's a future there, yanks are on the decline anlthough george will keep trying to buy more championships.. The other day the paper said best team in baseball, showed A rod looking up at the mets...

I go to see the mets play, but not much because I hate taking the train to queens.. trust me just like the past years when teh yanks start sucking the seats will empty..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 04:38:59 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 03:59:58 PM »

Superstars win games.  Proper role players win championships.  The latter is what the Yankees have lacked since 2000.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 11:24:17 PM »

Superstars win games.? Proper role players win championships.? The latter is what the Yankees have lacked since 2000.

ROBINSON CANO, MILKY CABRERA  AND ANDY PHILLIPS   ARE DOING A VERY GOOD  JOB. THEY PROVIDE THAT SPARK THE YANKEES HAVE LACKED SINCE 2001.    THE PROBLEM IS MIDDLE RELIEF,  YANKEES NEED DOTEL BADLY   .  FARNSWORTH HAS GREAT STUFF BUT HE'S A CHOKER  THAT WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO PERFORM IN A PRESSURE SITUATION IN THE PLAYOFFS.

BTW   I HATE AROD.   I WISH AARON BOONE WOULD HAVE NEVER HURT HIMSELF  PLAYING BASKETBALL DURING THE OFFSEASON.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 12:48:56 AM »

BTW   I HATE AROD.   I WISH AARON BOONE WOULD HAVE NEVER HURT HIMSELF  PLAYING BASKETBALL DURING THE OFFSEASON.

As an Indians fan (as well as a Red Sox fan), we'll trade him to you for a case of baseballs and maybe a couple pouches of chew.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »

I gotta come in to aid COMA...FFFFFFFFFFUCK the Yankees!

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 08:57:34 AM »

baseball is shite, who cares

That's a hatrick for Doull
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:29 AM »

baseball is shite, who cares

er we do Wink

favorite pic Wink just having some fun, I've been getting abuse for 10 years

david wright man, 5 rbi grandslam, the guy is amazing this year 335, 55 rbis about 14 hrs
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »

you trying to tell me with JD, gay rod, jeeeeter, and juice box giambi you still need more hitters hihi You have one consistent pitcher in mussina, no one's fault randy finally got old this year.. MAtsui is missed, but I think shefield is finished or soon to be he has to many problems...

True the mets are second to the yankees, but that's because they had many years of winning from 96 on, when I was a kid following the mets all through the 80's it was the mets on the daily new sport section cover..? Mets have a damn good team with lots of young potential, so there's a future there, yanks are on the decline anlthough george will keep trying to buy more championships.. The other day the paper said best team in baseball, showed A rod looking up at the mets...

I go to see the mets play, but not much because I hate taking the train to queens.. trust me just like the past years when teh yanks start sucking the seats will empty..

The numbers back you up Mike.? In 1995 - the year before the Yankees won the World Series (and they were a playoff team) - Steinbrenner & Co. drew 21,000 a game.? Compare that to the Mets this year - a team that hasn't won the World Series in 20 years and hasn't won a division in 18 years - they're bringing in 42,000 a game.?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:13:38 PM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 12:51:50 PM »

The numbers back you up Mike.? In 1995 - the year before the Yankees won the World Series (and they were a playoff team) - Steinbrenner & Co. drew 21,000 a game.? Compare that to the Mets this year - a team that hasn't won the World Series in 20 years and hasn't won a division in 18 years - they're bringing in 42,000 a game.?

In a few Years the new Yankee Stadium will be built. Attendance from that point on will be ridiculous. As long as Steinbrenner is alive, and Jeter's still playing, he will field a team worth of going to see. You may have to wait 15 years untill they start drawing dick again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: