Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Last Film You Saw.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 336 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Film You Saw.  (Read 569897 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6440 on: November 17, 2012, 06:40:07 PM »

Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part II - It is not for everyone, and it plays out like the other films. but I liked it as a conclusion to the series. It has a subtle little twist at the end.
Annie
« Reply #6441 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »

Twilight - Breaking Dawn Part II - It is not for everyone, and it plays out like the other films. but I liked it as a conclusion to the series. It has a subtle little twist at the end.
  I like it as well, but my date Bitty Ted of Gisborne hated it. He really wanted to see a trailer for the Hobbit and was deeply disappointed that it wasn't shown with the other 20 stupid previews. Let's face it Richard Armitage is way hotter than Robert Pattinson. hihi Michael Sheen stole the show once again. Bella and Edward had zero chemistry. It was so obvious that Stewart and Pattinson were just going through the motions to collect their million dollar paychecks. Taylor Lautner almost made me go team Jacob.And the other vampires and native American dudes were hot as well. I was also surprised that the soundtrack wasn't very good. All the other movies had great songs.
Annie
« Reply #6442 on: November 18, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »

The Muppet Movie, circa 1979.  Good shit.  My kids, wife, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.   love
The Rainbow Connection rules.
btw, the whole travelin' to LA aspect of the movie?  I wonder if Axl was inspired by Kermit to go West!   hihi
What a beautiful thought! Kermit is the frog of my dreams. love love love
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #6443 on: November 20, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »

The Master - Best film of the year so far for me, except Dark Knight Rises. Both probably little pretentious in different ways, but suitably epic with fantastic cinematography.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6444 on: December 08, 2012, 01:11:44 AM »

Argo Fuck Yourself
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #6445 on: December 12, 2012, 11:39:20 AM »

Prometheus (2012) - This ended up being a lot better than I thought it would be. Probably my favorite of the Alien franchise. There's talk right now of doing a Prometheus 2, under a different title probably, which I'd be really interested in.

Skyfall (2012) - I enjoyed the film. It's my first ever Bond film to see at the theater. Plus, Daniel Craig is by far my favorite James Bond!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #6446 on: December 12, 2012, 05:01:57 PM »

Trouble With The Curve---Nothing special. I found it entertaining but its really not a good film, its alright.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6447 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:51 AM »

Watched The Hobbit----I liked parts of it a lot and disliked some of it. Overall I still thought it was a good movie. There were some scenes and dialogue that felt out of place.

I saw the 48fps version which was interesting. When it first started I laughed because I felt the effects were so bad but I think as I adjusted to 48fps it got much better. The picture quality was just so good it made some cgi very noticeable but it was still really really cool. There were parts of it where I felt I was there, really there. It looked that good. Never really felt that way when watching a movie. I have felt immersed but with the high frame rate it really changes the picture quality to an astounding level. Though I haven't been able to compare the high fps version with the regular 24fps yet. Going to see the 24fps version next week. I'll compare them when I do for those interested in wondering the difference.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Annie
« Reply #6448 on: December 15, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

Watched The Hobbit----I liked parts of it a lot and disliked some of it. Overall I still thought it was a good movie. There were some scenes and dialogue that felt out of place.

I saw the 48fps version which was interesting. When it first started I laughed because I felt the effects were so bad but I think as I adjusted to 48fps it got much better. The picture quality was just so good it made some cgi very noticeable but it was still really really cool. There were parts of it where I felt I was there, really there. It looked that good. Never really felt that way when watching a movie. I have felt immersed but with the high frame rate it really changes the picture quality to an astounding level. Though I haven't been able to compare the high fps version with the regular 24fps yet. Going to see the 24fps version next week. I'll compare them when I do for those interested in wondering the difference.
I totally agree with everything you said. Richard Armitage was awesome as Thorin! ok
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6449 on: December 16, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »

Other than the visual effects, which paled in comparison to the decade old Lord Of The Rings trilogy and one minor plot point (Bilbo finding the ring isn't the same as in the prologue to Fellowship Of The Ring), I loved every second of The Hobbit. Fantastic movie.
Annie
« Reply #6450 on: December 22, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »

Other than the visual effects, which paled in comparison to the decade old Lord Of The Rings trilogy and one minor plot point (Bilbo finding the ring isn't the same as in the prologue to Fellowship Of The Ring), I loved every second of The Hobbit. Fantastic movie.
I didn't like LOTR much. I have to admit that my initial interest in the film was Richard Armitage as Thorin, and the sexy dwarf king did not disappoint! beer
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6451 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »

The Hobbit - I really enjoyed this one. I thought that stretching the book over three episodes was going to kill it, but it seems to work. All the characters were great, all the dwarves were good fun, and the 3D is totally eye popping. I actually felt a little disorientated for the first couple of minutes
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6452 on: December 28, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »

The five year engagement

Had a chance to be a good film but it was about 35 minutes to long... With a few to many unnecessary scenes that ruined the movie as a whole
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6453 on: December 29, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »

Cowboys & Aliens - Whole 'nother level of stupid.  no

How can a movie with Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford and Keith Carradine suck that bad? Didn't they read the script before they agreed to do that movie??

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Annie
« Reply #6454 on: December 31, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

Les Miserables! A beautiful film adaptation of my all time fav musical. The beautiful nod to the original Jean Valjean, Colm Wilkinson as the bishop made me cry. Hugh Jackman was amazing! I hope he wins the Oscar! Russell Crowe was an Ok Javert but he sorely lacked the vocal talent to sing Javert's songs. Go see this film!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6455 on: January 02, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »

Life of Pi - Absolute Brilliance. For animal lovers, the films cuts out on alot of the brutality from the book without missing out on any of the story. For people who do not know, this is the Jungle Book meets Robinson Crusoe. The film is not overly long, but it is beautifully filmed, very well acted and powerful in it's delivery, and although I saw it in 2D, I think the 3D would be worth seeing.

An amazing moment of cinema
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6456 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »

The Impossible - Not sure about this film. It was entirely watchable, and the recreation of the tsunami was amazing and powerful. And I enjoyed the acting of Naomi Watts and the boy that played Lucas. Outside of that though, I see a couple of parents who both reacted irrationally and irresponsibly in the face of a disaster, and I am not sure that this family's story deserves any more focus that any other family.
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6457 on: January 04, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »

I have been sick and friend was nice enough to lend me some movies to watch. Love pirates.  hihi

Lincoln---Really good movie but historical epics feel so formulaic these days. I do think it should not be called Lincoln, minor spoilers, because its a piece about the 13th amendment more than it is about Lincoln. Least my impression, anyway.

Zero Dark Thirty---Regardless if any of it is factual or not, its still a pretty good movie. I liked it a lot.

This is 40--I read somewhere it is a relationship drama with poop jokes. I would agree. I liked it.

The Hobbit 2D--Actually went to theater for this one a couple weeks ago. I thought the special effects looked more realistic in 2d than the 48fps 3d. Especially the beginning of the film with the Dwarven City. Other parts of the movie where CG is very obvious in the high frame rate it is less obvious in the regular 2d. On the other hand, the overall immersion the high fps gives you is worth it, by far. I would suggest if seeing the movie for the first time to see it in 2d and if able to see it again in the high 48fps 3d. I think it does add something to it and think it is totally worth seeing in 48fps 3d. It really looks quite spectacular, at times.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6458 on: January 04, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »

Django Unchained  absolutely amazing!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #6459 on: January 05, 2013, 12:33:40 AM »

The Hobbit. Well worth the wait.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 336 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: