Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:52:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Last Film You Saw.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 336 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Film You Saw.  (Read 569878 times)
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #6400 on: August 08, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »

Watched Battleship. The cgi is good and some of the action sequences are entertaining, but the movie is just so stupid. I actually feel I've lost some level of intelligence after watching it.  hihi smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6401 on: August 12, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »

Brave - I thought this film was OK. The animation and sountrack are great, but the story lets it down

Ted - It's ok, but I think it is more suited to an American audience
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:34:46 PM by Mysteron » Logged
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #6402 on: August 13, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

Watched the Dark Knight rises.

Spoiler***

I liked it however I was disappointed at how predictable it was. I predicted  the "twists" at the end pretty quickly so that part was annoying. Once i realized she was Talia, which I did pretty quickly into the movie, it was easy to predict bane was her henchmen and he was the one who climbed out. So that was disappointing. I though it was robin about half way through the movie and than confirmed when he was leaving the night wings everywhere. I liked Bane but his mystique and character change for the worse when you realize he was pretty much just a goon for Talia.

I still liked it a lot. It was cool to have a bookend to the franchise that is actually a pretty good movie. If you change a few things this movie could of easily existed without The Dark Knight, and I like that because how much Joker played a part in that one and how different it felt than Begins or Rises.

Top 15 plot-holes/annoying aspects of the movie: http://www.slashfilm.com/15-bothered-the-dark-knight-rises/

There will be spoilers, anyone who hasn't seen it yet...

1 - Bane was a member of the League Of Shadows... she didn't only train with him when she was about 12. Ra's knew Bruce was Batman before coming to Gotham. Talia knew about Applied Sciences because of her access to Wayne Enterprises when creating the energy source. Or if not, in The Dark Knight, a smarmy accountant figured it out... it doesn't take a criminal genius.
2 - This one did bother me, too.
3 - How is this a problem? (Also regarding the back injury... Bruce Lee in real life recovered from one in less than a year, and we're never told whether or not Bruce Wayne's is as serious as that).
4 - Bullshit. That was one of the most emotional scenes in the movie.
5 - Yeah... I would've thought a transaction of someone's entire funds happening at the exact same time of a terrorist attack at the stock exchange would be pretty easy to sort out, too.
6 - Who says it was romance? Bruce hasn't been laid in at least 8 years, and Miranda's trying to gain his trust.
7 - This one's already been addressed on this thread... it's about giving the people Gotham hope, and the courage to stand up against Bane in the final battle.
8 - Obviously, Selina isn't actually a member of staff and is just posing as a maid to get to his safe. Can't expect Alfred to remember every face. And in the case of Miranda... well she's a member of the League Of Shadows. Of course she can insert herself into a position of power with a fake background.
9 - Shipping Bruce Wayne off to the desert is part of his master plan.
10 - He doesn't get back to Gotham in days. Just before he gets out of the prison, it is mentioned that Bane's had control of Gotham for four months. There's a five month timer on the bomb. When Bruce gets back he has less than a day to stop the bomb going off. A month is plenty of time for a determined person to hitchike/stowaway back to Gotham.
11 - Stated explicitly in the film. No one's supposed to actually be able to get out of the prison. The whole point is to crush the spirit by providing false hope.
12 - It's a movie...
13 - Bane has an entire army in the sewers. No one else believes him. Sending everyone available is the only option available to him.
14 - Wrong. The fight scenes were the best of the series.
15 - Huh? No! There was one ending. Those they list are not individual endings... they're all just what happens before the ending.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #6403 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:16 PM »

The Bourne Legacy (2012)

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6404 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »

The Bourne Legacy (2012)

How was it? I kind of want to see it, but I kind of don't. hihi

Been watching a lot of movie lately.

Watched the Campaign. It was ok. If you like Ferrell, like I do, than you'll probably enjoy it. I was hoping for a more satirical take on politics. They don't really accomplish that, just goes for cheap laughs.

Watched That's My Boy. Not very good but has some decent laughs. 

Watched Madagascar 3. I love the penguins, they make me laugh. Otherwise its alright.

And I watched Men In Black 3. I am fan of the first 2. The first more. So this movie was ok but not as good as the other ones. I was disappointed.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #6405 on: August 15, 2012, 09:39:13 AM »

The Bourne Legacy (2012)
How was it?

I enjoyed it, although it's not even close as to being good as the other films in the series. I definitely felt the Damon/Bourne-less in the film. Jeremy Renner did a good job. Lots of dialogue in this film. I'd also say the cast was too big. If you enjoyed the series, I'd recommend you going to see it cause Legacy does go in to detail very well of all the programs and projects being used.

More I could say but I don't want to give away any spoilers.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6406 on: August 20, 2012, 10:34:09 PM »

Bourne Legacy. Drew about nailed it.  ok

Watched the Cabin in The Woods. I was expecting a cheesy slasher flick. While it is a cheesy horror, I was pleasantly surprised with the set up and end result. I liked it.  ok

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6407 on: August 30, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »

Just watched Being Flynn with Robert De Niro... bored me. He plays the same person in most of his films, someone who is miserable and occasionally get angry.

Saw The Bourne Legacy yesterday, I was expecting a lot better. Watched the original trilogy the day before, so the story was fresh in my head. The plot offered nothing knew. They created agents, now there killing them off... I swear they already done that in The Bourne Supremacy and there was only 2 of them left? And Bourne killed the other and burned the house down. Parts were okay, but I just never got and understood why they bothered to make the film. Defiantly needed some plot expansion into the back ground of it.

The Cold Light of day - The trailer made it out to be a lot bigger action film than it was. Looked a bit cheap. Catch it if it comes on TV but I wouldn't pay to see it.

The Cabin In the Woods - possibly one of the worst films I've seen in a long time, although I had no idea of the plot when i sat down to watch it, so 20 minutes in when the film sort of changed to be seriously weird, I just thought it was a waste of time, but that's probably more my fault of not reading up on the plot before hand.

So yeah not been a great run for me with  films. Looking forward to The Expendables, Taken 2 & The Hobbit though.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6408 on: September 14, 2012, 08:02:25 PM »

Judge Dredd - This film was OK. Mega City One was represented very well, and it was very graphic wrt the violent scenes but in an acceptable arty computer game kinda way rather than it being an unwatchable grissly affair. The story was quite cat and mouse, but this got a little repetitive towards the end. I would give it 6 out of 10, and not it's current imdb ratng but I would say it is better than the version made in 1995.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6409 on: September 14, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »

The Bourne Legacy (2012)

There's a Bourne sequel on the way.

I enjoyed this film, but it did not touch the original three films. They are in totally different leagues.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:14:08 PM by Mysteron » Logged
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #6410 on: September 15, 2012, 12:16:17 AM »

Snowman's Land..... German dark comedy.  Saw it tonight.  Fun movie
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6411 on: September 24, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »

Finally saw Expendables 2.  It had the 3 things that TDKR lacked. Humor, heroic bad-asses, and awesome fight scenes. And surprising less plot holes.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6412 on: September 25, 2012, 12:10:45 PM »

Finally saw Expendables 2.  It had the 3 things that TDKR lacked. Humor, heroic bad-asses, and awesome fight scenes. And surprising less plot holes.

Totally agree. Going to see Looper and Dredd at the drive-in Friday - can't wait smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6413 on: September 27, 2012, 12:54:20 AM »

Moonrise Kingdom---I loved it. But I love all of Wes Anderson's films. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is my favorite but Rushmore is a close second. Now to wait for his next film which i think is The Grand Budapest Hotel. I just love his stuff.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6414 on: September 28, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »

No Country for Old Men...sorry, I just didn't get it.  This was supposed to be a great movie?  Honestly, one of the worst I've seen...it's officially in the same company as "Master and Commander" and"The Apostle."

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #6415 on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »

Paranorman - Great animation, far better than Brave and one of the best so far this year.

Perks of Being a Wallflower - This film was ok. It is a coming of age film, similar to The Breakfast Club. Despite the great characters, a workable story and an appropriate script, I thought that Logan Lerman did not put across well enough the gravitas of his role. I thought he was ok, but I felt nothing for him or his situation. The same could be said of Emily Watson; again, I think she will develop into a good actress, but she was just ok in this, and there was no great chemistry between her and Logan's character. Also, as a Breakfast Club type film, the story leaned too heavily on three of the characters, and left out the other two girls who were part of the five. Lastly, the soundtrack was poor

Looper - The story that forms the basis of this movie is great, as is the ending. However, I would have preferred a slicker sci fi movie, as opposed to how the film has actually been made. The film will have it's fans though, and could become a cult classic.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:45:01 PM by Mysteron » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6416 on: October 10, 2012, 11:29:37 AM »

Looper - The story that forms the basis of this movie is great, as is the ending. However, I would have preferred a slicker sci fi movie, as opposed to how the film has actually been made. The film will have it's fans though, and could become a cult classic.

I thought this movie had a mind-blowing amount of potential but was let down by the lame Rainmaker angle which came across too much like an Omen remake.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #6417 on: October 10, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »

Taken 2: Its pretty much the same movie but I liked the action in it. Being Luc Besson was involved in the first 2, i'll see a 3rd if he is still involved with it. They leave it open for a 3rd...As a rehash of the 2nd.  hihi

Looper: I liked it but found it predictable. I saw the end coming from a mile away which wasn't a huge problem, just a minor annoyance. I liked it overall.

Act of Valor: Some of the action was cool but the movie itself wasn't all that great.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #6418 on: October 12, 2012, 11:58:52 AM »

Caught The Possession a couple weeks ago.  It was decent.  Fiancee wants to see Sinister this weekend.  Might get out for that.

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #6419 on: October 12, 2012, 02:19:58 PM »

I finally watched the Storm of the Century miniseries from a few years ago, which is essentially a 240-minute film.  It was pretty damn good.  Pretty dark and I liked that. 

A few weeks ago I watched Apollo 18.  I was pretty disappointed with it, I thought it had potential but came up short. 
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 336 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: