Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 01:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Nova Rock Festival thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nova Rock Festival thread  (Read 28895 times)
Origen
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2006, 04:59:24 AM »

Is there any photos of Axl kicking the balls?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2006, 05:21:09 AM »

Axl became a fan of football!!!
Especialy after great match usa against italy,they played 1-1 with 8 playesrs
now they have a chance to go in the second round

I have never seen so many tree
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2006, 05:42:29 AM »

It's free.... At least that's how i registered there... no credit-card bullshit.....or anything like that...

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: June 18, 2006, 05:57:22 AM »

That was far from a great match..

Anyways the setlist looks nice  ok

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #224 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:32 AM »

have just come back from nova rock; here my impressions:

it was not what i was hoping for... in a few words: ON THE ONE HAND i was surprised how great the sound was (way better than budapest); "better" rocked, especially during chorus and bridge; "madagascar" was well received, "blues" was good and "irs" not as bad as i had thought; almost all of the appetite songs were amazing: finck and fortus did heartfelt solos and cool posing; bumblefoot was... just bumblefoot (maybe some people thought it was slash); BUT ON THE OTHER HAND: the long guitar / piano solos were really boring and annoying (besides "beautiful" which was quite...yeah beautiful); many people went home during the gnr gig for that or another reason (bloodhound gang had more than 2 times as many people coming, which is a shame); also: the few jams they did were just some motivs repeated all of the time (e.g. when a piano was brought on stage). i understand that axl wants to introduce the new band... but i don`t know if that`s the right way... everytime the energy builds up, songs end, stagelights go blue (or black) and it takes far too long till another song (or solo!) starts...

ok, gnr played on the last day of a festival; so people were already tired (it was soooo damn hot all the time)...
i thought that axl`s magic would change all that... but that only happened during a few moments and songs.
so i went home with mixed emotions and without having heard "rhiad", "CD", "catcher" (which i knew) or "twat"

peace,

whiny

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2006, 07:11:22 AM »

That was far from a great match..

Anyways the setlist looks nice? ok
I said great match for usa,because they finished match with 8 players

I have never seen so many tree
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »

The concert was so fucking amazing. axl and the band were so great. they got on stage at 23.53, only 8minutes late. Smiley after the first 3 songs axl brought the stage manager tom ... on stage. we all sang happy birthday for him. axl was in a very good mood, though he always talked about 'hello, vienna'. *g* that was fun.
later during the show we sang happy birthday again for dizzy. sebastian bach was there for my michelle. izzy was there for 5(!) songs. it was by far the best concert is was ever attending (though or because i didn't drink).
the funny thing is, not that much people knew the new tracks, but i was singing (or more like screaming) to them and the people around just looked at me like if i was totally fucked up or i don't know.  rofl

i took about 50 pictures, just copying them on the hdd. gonna put the good ones up during the next hours.

wasn`t the tour manager the same guy as in 2002?   if i remember correctly anyways....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2006, 09:15:44 AM »

Shame you have to register though

yes i know that
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2006, 09:44:12 AM »

have just come back from nova rock; here my impressions:

it was not what i was hoping for... in a few words: ON THE ONE HAND i was surprised how great the sound was (way better than budapest); "better" rocked, especially during chorus and bridge; "madagascar" was well received, "blues" was good and "irs" not as bad as i had thought; almost all of the appetite songs were amazing: finck and fortus did heartfelt solos and cool posing; bumblefoot was... just bumblefoot (maybe some people thought it was slash); BUT ON THE OTHER HAND: the long guitar / piano solos were really boring and annoying (besides "beautiful" which was quite...yeah beautiful); many people went home during the gnr gig for that or another reason (bloodhound gang had more than 2 times as many people coming, which is a shame); also: the few jams they did were just some motivs repeated all of the time (e.g. when a piano was brought on stage). i understand that axl wants to introduce the new band... but i don`t know if that`s the right way... everytime the energy builds up, songs end, stagelights go blue (or black) and it takes far too long till another song (or solo!) starts...

ok, gnr played on the last day of a festival; so people were already tired (it was soooo damn hot all the time)...
i thought that axl`s magic would change all that... but that only happened during a few moments and songs.
so i went home with mixed emotions and without having heard "rhiad", "CD", "catcher" (which i knew) or "twat"

peace,

whiny

well i don't know where you stood, but i was in front of the first wave breaker and during the bloodhound dick-showing pissing contest, it was less crowded than during guns n' roses. just my impression. don't know if there were less people in the back.

cheers

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2006, 09:45:36 AM »

Not too good that they keep doing basically the same songs... but give them credit for mixing them around (Besides Jungle, Easy, Mr. B. & Paradise City) unlike 2002...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2006, 10:35:48 AM »

Review from sladdi. Thanks newgnr.com

openers were quite ok. i'd hate to say it but even the bloodhound gang was pretty good - interacted a lot with the crowd, they went a lot into the national stuff - thanking us for arnold schwarzenegger etc. you can say they were well prepared for the austrian crowd. and it's amazing how often they used the words "gay" and "schwul" within one hour. not to forget that pissing incident hahaha... gross. they said we are a great crowd, and that we deserve GN'R! tool was good as well. interesting music.

attendance during gnr was about 40,000 i think. surely one of gnrs longest show ever. i could swear it was nearly 3 hours. it started off perfect... usual intro... sound, axl and band, everything fits! people were very into it...
?
usual setlist so far, afer live and let die the band plays happy birthday to their stage manager (tony something) - axl says something in the words of 'tony doesn't like to be where he is right now...' and they proceed singing happy birthday. it goes into madagascar from there, and i tell you... all the bootlegs don't do justice to axls singing. when you listen to it live, it's a complete new world.

robin's first solo was an interesting tune, i think i haven't heard it before. problem (for the other people) was that he took a little longer. some booes there. i liked pretty much all solos. i think there were some not-before-heard ones...

better live totally kicked ass. much applause from audience.

happy birthday song to dizzy - axl said something like 'no cake? give him a cheeseburger!'

what else... Used To Love Her with izzy was _the shit_. you can say, the band really rehearsed it a few times. robin played some sweet lead to it. bumblefoot played the whole don't cry, and nightrain, IRS and patience must have been the best live played ones ever. also rocket queen, sort of my special favourite song... and it had some very, very, VERY cool beginning - it was different, i can't put it in other words... no waiting for paradise city, started right after rocket queen. crowd went nuts!

random stuff.......

i don't recall anyone fucking up any song big.

man do austrian people clap a lot during songs.

people were most impressed by richard.

brain played the first few songs with his whole face covered in a bandana or something.

front row really liked robin, touched him a lot when he came near. Cheesy

saw a helicopter flying to the areal during bloodhound gangs show. i thought it was axl. Cheesy

seriously, they should really consider releasing this show as some live dvd. it really had everything you could ask for. the camera crew did a great job as you could see on the screen.

please forgive me not having video bootlegged the show. i had such a great view to the stage and to the screen, i could have easily made the best bootleg ever. i really didn't want to risk anything at my first gnr show. Sad

on a finishing note i have to say, the festival was terribly organized. our 'driver' suffered a last-minute injury and we had to go by train. if you have no car, you're fucked. 70 kilometers way from vienna to nickelsdorf, additionally 10 kilometers between train station and festival area - completely overloaded buses take you there. after bus there are 2 more kilometers to walk. you're finally there, it smells, wrecked toilet facilities, uninterested personell, shit people. well, that's a festival for you.

either way, i can now say i've seen them live - and i can now emotionally sense every other review i read because i have witnessed one of the best shows a band can have. i know what it means to see GNR live!

thanks to the band, their manager, and everyone involved making it possible.

setlist (taken from forum... i confirm it)

Intro
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Happy Birthday to the stage manager
Madagascar
Robin Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Band Jazz
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Jazz Jam
Richard+Robin Solo (Beautiful)
You Could Be Mine
Knockin On Heavens Door
Better
November Rain
Band Intro
Bumblefoot Solo (full Don't Cry)
Out Ta Get Me
Happy Birthday to Dizzy
My Michelle (w Sebastian Bach)
Izzy Introduction
Think About You (w Izzy)
Used To Love Her (w Izzy)
Bumblefoot Solo
Nightrain (w Izzy)
I.R.S.
Patience (w Izzy)
Encore:
Rocket Queen
Paradise City (w Izzy)

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #231 on: June 18, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »

wasn`t the tour manager the same guy as in 2002?   if i remember correctly anyways....

Nah I dont think so. The tour manager in 2002 was Del James.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

Nah I dont think so. The tour manager in 2002 was Del James.

i didn`t mean tour manager...  stage manager, sound guy.... anything hihi

i just think i heard the name somewhere before...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2006, 11:48:14 AM »

My Review:

Just came home from the festival a few hours ago. All I can say is GnR were amazing. This was the first time I' ve seen Guns n' Roses live and it fucking rocked? peace

Axl was in a great mood, smiling and joking all the time. Everybody in the band seemed to enjoy themselves and the crowd was really into the show as well (at least where I was standing)

They played Rocket Queen, which is one of my favorite songs, so that was great.

Axl and the audience sang 'Happy Birthday' to the stage manager and Dizzy. Sebastian mentioned something about giving Dizzy a cheese burger or something? Huh hihi I saw Sebastian play with is band earlier that day, that dude really rocks? peace

Izzy being there was awesome too, of course.

I' ll post some pictures of the show in the Tour Pic Thread as soon as possible? Smiley

@ Origen:

My friend might have taken a picture of it, not sure about it though... I' ll ask her.
Origen
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2006, 11:57:48 AM »

@ Origen:

My friend might have taken a picture of it, not sure about it though... I' ll ask her.

Thanks  Grin
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2006, 12:00:37 PM »

i didn`t mean tour manager...  stage manager, sound guy.... anything hihi

i just think i heard the name somewhere before...

He used to work with GNR back on the Illusion tour, also was part of Velvet Revolver's crew for their tour. His brother Mike was/is Duff's bass tech and I belive he is the guy that used to intro GNR back in the old days.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »

Im asking agian... like after the Rock am Ring show..

Did Maynard, or Tool, mention enything about Guns N`Roses?
 ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Katrin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »

Im asking agian... like after the Rock am Ring show..

Did Maynard, or Tool, mention enything about Guns N`Roses?
 ok

Not that I remember...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2006, 01:50:35 PM »

Thanks for the reviews thelostrose Katrin whiny gnrbr/sladdi
Obviously there're many interesting variations in each show.

im sure Axl could make the U.S. national team... we're pretty terrible at soccer.
The football team Gnr:
The 8 GNR + Izzy, need 2 more, maybe Merck and that stage manager, if not Tina chan
On the bench Baz, kidrock BH
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »

Thanks for the reviews thelostrose Katrin whiny gnrbr/sladdi
Obviously there're many interesting variations in each show.

im sure Axl could make the U.S. national team... we're pretty terrible at soccer.
The football team Gnr:
The 8 GNR + Izzy, need 2 more, maybe Merck and that stage manager, if not Tina chan
On the bench Baz, kidrock BH

Think the manager made a mistake dropping Slash and Duff though! hihi

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: