Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N'Roses live at Paris - Bercy - FRANCE (SETLIST on 1st page)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N'Roses live at Paris - Bercy - FRANCE (SETLIST on 1st page)  (Read 32200 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »

http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/groupe/galerie.php?path=/concerts/2006/05_07_europe/0620_paris

"Plein ?cran" means "Full screen", when you click on the thumbnails. Sorry the pics aren't really great. I tried to focus on the show this time and enjoy the concert, instead of taking pics. But don't worry we'll have LOADS of pictures (and hopefully audio/ video boots) on the site very soon. Stay tuned.

I'll post a few tidbits from the show in a few minutes.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2006, 09:43:05 PM »

Cool pics man thanks!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2006, 09:46:33 PM »

Update: complete audio is on its way!!

Clip from the recording: http://rapidshare.de/files/23644838/guns_test3.wav.html

Thanks to slash2baz.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:48:10 PM by Will » Logged

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »

by tomorow ( hopefully), i will have my photos and some videos ( poor quality i think for the vids but still)

don't hastle me, gabriel comes first ( my baby)

i'll do it when i find TIME.

Nothing to say
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2006, 10:09:46 PM »

Opening acts sucked (let's say I don't like this kind of stuff).

The place was packed. They divided the pit in two different areas, which is the first time I saw that in Bercy. We met Chris Pittman during the opening acts and chatted with him for a few minutes, it was really cool. Really nice guy.

GN'R went on stage around 10:40PM, and was very well received by the crowd. Axl was really into it, the rest of the band as well. I think the solos kinda killed the momentum though, which was too bad. They were not really received, except the first one Robin did. The others were too long I think (I loved Dizzy solo piano though). The new songs were very, very well played. Awesome. I was literally in "shock and awe" (lol), I really loved the new songs. The old songs are cool but you know, we all know Appetite by heart and have heard it 10,000 times.
We were the only two in our area to sing along to the new songs and to get really into it. Madagascar was excellent, but I think my faves were Better and Chinese Democracy. IRS was really cool too. The Blues is definitely the new Don't Cry I think.

Axl caught a French flag on stage and tied it around his neck (like he did in Dublin). Axl and Tommy kinda made fun of the stage structure which made noise in the very middle of the stage. Axl called one of the jams during the show: "Somebody fucked my wife tonight" and then laughed.
He also asked us if we thought they wouldn't come. He thanked the crowd for being there and was surprised we were so loud.
Izzy came onstage for Used To Love Her, Patience and Paradise City.

I loved this show, maybe a little bit more than Dublin because of the awesome setlist and Izzy guest appearance. And also because it was GN'R's first show in my country in 13 years. We all had an amazing time.

I'll edit my post if I think of more stuff about the show.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2006, 10:13:39 PM »

awesome wiLL!!.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2006, 10:43:57 PM »

hey Will i went to the after party Smiley

it was amazing ! it was like only 15 people in the room Wink the band ROCKS !

more on cd.com later

i'm off to bed Wink

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2006, 10:50:41 PM »

they should trim the solos down, it seems to be a buzz kill

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2006, 10:59:12 PM »

they should trim the solos down, it seems to be a buzz kill

Yeah I agree....seems to be the only complaints from the majority of people.  Maybe the could just do one improv jam and a solo before Paradise City or something and that'd be great.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2006, 11:07:05 PM »

The show was absolutely awesome. Extremely guitar driven. Lots of instrumentals and solos for sure, and it was probably too much and too long for some people (not for me, because I really enjoyed that part of the show) but all the songs were very well played. The new songs sounded so good: IRS, Better and the enhanced version of Chinese Democracy were damn powerful. Axl sounds better than ever: that's a fact!

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to write a full review (who cares anyway?) but I have to say this: I have also attended the Hammersmith show in London, and after having seen this line up twice, I have the feeling that this version of GN'R is my all-time favorite. And it's getting better and better with time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2006, 05:31:00 AM »

Opening acts sucked (let's say I don't like this kind of stuff).

The place was packed. They divided the pit in two different areas, which is the first time I saw that in Bercy. We met Chris Pittman during the opening acts and chatted with him for a few minutes, it was really cool. Really nice guy.

GN'R went on stage around 10:40PM, and was very well received by the crowd. Axl was really into it, the rest of the band as well. I think the solos kinda killed the momentum though, which was too bad. They were not really received, except the first one Robin did. The others were too long I think (I loved Dizzy solo piano though). The new songs were very, very well played. Awesome. I was literally in "shock and awe" (lol), I really loved the new songs. The old songs are cool but you know, we all know Appetite by heart and have heard it 10,000 times.
We were the only two in our area to sing along to the new songs and to get really into it. Madagascar was excellent, but I think my faves were Better and Chinese Democracy. IRS was really cool too. The Blues is definitely the new Don't Cry I think.

Axl caught a French flag on stage and tied it around his neck (like he did in Dublin). Axl and Tommy kinda made fun of the stage structure which made noise in the very middle of the stage. Axl called one of the jams during the show: "Somebody fucked my wife tonight" and then laughed.
He also asked us if we thought they wouldn't come. He thanked the crowd for being there and was surprised we were so loud.
Izzy came onstage for Used To Love Her, Patience and Paradise City.

I loved this show, maybe a little bit more than Dublin because of the awesome setlist and Izzy guest appearance. And also because it was GN'R's first show in my country in 13 years. We all had an amazing time.

I'll edit my post if I think of more stuff about the show.

lol he did the exact same thing in RiR... and all of sudden all the crown had their hands up! lol so cool hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2006, 06:00:24 AM »

30 mn before the show

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:07:15 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2006, 06:02:30 AM »

The show

« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:07:36 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
The_Leper
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2006, 06:15:43 AM »

thanks for pics. great audience peace beer
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2006, 06:19:25 AM »

The show

Those people on the extreme right of the first pic aint got much of a view  Undecided
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2006, 07:04:54 AM »

Cool. Thanks for posting the pictures Nesquick. They look good.

Glad to hear everyone that went had a a pretty good time. Thank you for your reviews. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2006, 08:38:36 AM »

My site is down for now because of too many connections. lol I'm working things out with my host.
Use this URL for now: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/guns-n-roses-gnr-france/infos.htm

dust of my dust
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »

The more I think about the show, the more I feel that this was probably one of the best concerts I have ever seen (and I will ever see) in my entire life!

GN'R really won the audience.

Just a couple of days ago, I had sceptics coming to tell me that the reviews for the Download show were not that good. Even the guy whom I organize a GN'R party with asked me again if I was really sure etc... But when I saw him after the concert (he was giving flyers for the party), he told me he shouldn't have doubt a second because he was totally blown away by the performance.

Anyway, Will, you're still invited to the party (this friday) if you want to come. And people from the board will be welcome to celebrate the best band on earth!
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2006, 02:09:26 PM »

A special mention for Robin, who gets so carried away with his thing. It's true, it's as if he was having sex with his guitar. He has a very special charisma. Very attractive to look at, and a beautiful man ( nice bum too, white leggings show everything lol !!! )

haha I loved that bit love

great reviews everyone! thx for sharing!

I can't wait for some pics!

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

A special mention for Robin, who gets so carried away with his thing. It's true, it's as if he was having sex with his guitar. He has a very special charisma. Very attractive to look at, and a beautiful man ( nice bum too, white leggings show everything lol !!! )

haha I loved that bit love

great reviews everyone! thx for sharing!

I can't wait for some pics!

It's sincere  love

Nothing to say
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: