Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:22:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download Festival - June 11th
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival - June 11th  (Read 104695 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #780 on: June 14, 2006, 05:28:41 AM »

Have only just crawled back into the real world after donnington (i refuse to call it download).  man oh man oh man.  Really sorry not to have made it to the meet-up arranged by Anselmo - I managed to be working backstage on the sunday  and couldnt leave (or wouldn't get back in - pass issues).  Met Izzy!!!!  He was a real cool guy, so much taller than I thought he was??  That was pretty damn amazing.  he came to the warm-up tent and played some guitar for 2 little kids in GnR t-shirts (there withier dad who was backstage management).  He played  Nightrain intro and I was just standing there (1 metre away), jaw on the floor!.  Didnt say much to him - he was just being so nice to these kids, we just sort of acknowledged each other and I managed not to make a tit of myself. met seb bach too who was very friendly and totally easy-goiing.  He was "really pumped" to play with Guns and having a great time.
Guns show had me in goosebumps.  Was very fearful when things werent going well and axl walked off before end of better and YCBM - but man, did they pull it back some!  Best set list I could hope for.  Think about you was incredible as was Nightrain.  oh and rocket queen!!!

Hope everyone enjoyed it - and cant wait to see coverage/dvd - go through some of the pics you guys took as well.  My pics will be bad, but will post if any come out ok.

I cannot believe I've seen GnR twice in one week....  I want to do the whole UK tour now!!!!  must.play.lottery!
Evolution
« Reply #781 on: June 14, 2006, 09:55:31 AM »

I think the biggest shock of the entire show was the fact the intro tape hit at 8:08pm!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #782 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:39 AM »

Well I have to say that Kerrang never cease to amaze me. I absolutley hate the mag but seeing as Guns were at Download and they had a 16 page review in there today I thought I would buy it. It was a shocking review and summed up how little they know about decent music. I have not got the mag on me to give direct quotes cos I threw it away straight away. But the bad bits pretty much read:

Axl and a bunch other guys instead of Guns N Roses.

It said that Axl spent 2 hours 25 minutes having a long shit on the stage.

They had some photos of kids there and asked their thoughts on the gig and saying it was shit. I think 4 of these people were under the age of 14 (like they are gonna have a view on guns, they probably had their dads stood there who are Metallica fans saying that GnR were shit.

Also they didnt even give the band a rating for the show. They have these K ratings for each performance with just 1 K being awful. Well they gave Guns N Roses a big fat zero 0!

The rest of the review was just rude ignorant and most of all fucking untrue!

I could not beleive what I was reading! They gave that freak show (which I guess what Download effectively is) Cradle of Filth a 4 K rating and Guns N Roses 0! What the fuck is the world coming to? ! I have never been so disgusted at a review ever. Did these mother fuckers who were reviewing it have their eyes and ears shut all gig except when there was the minor blip for about 5 minutes during the guns set? They parade themselves as a top quality weekly music magazine and then they slate probably the greatest rock n roll band of the last 20 years in the biggest way possible!! They gave the new players a really fucking hard time, which I think so very disrespectful these guys are amazing! Yeh the old band were cool as fuck and I loved seeing them live many times. However this new band are taking the band onwards and upwards. I have always thought that if the old band had stayed together they would have just made some really shitty music together because the other members did not want the music to evolve quite like Axl has. So I think a great deal of credit must go to these new band members who are not only cool as fuck, but very talented musicians. And they had to do all of this with constanr shit after shit from the media and so called fans that they were not as good as the old band etc etc! Those media members and so called fans should be fucking ashamed of themselves, and I pity them all when the album comes out, because IMO and many others they are going to look pretty fucking stupid! Sorry about that people but that article from Kerrang was not fit to wipe a horses arse with! Take it easy people! Mike

joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #783 on: June 14, 2006, 10:42:14 AM »

it's because sadly, the media are majority-orientated.

If they know that they could make money from selling jars of urine, they would.

Sadly, as this is probably illegal (at least where i come from) they invented the "Kerrang" magazine, which is a pretty good substitute for a pot of urine.

I remember a while back, they werebad mouthing 'veteran' metal bands like Judas Priest (who i am no real fan of, but nonetheless), and one of my mates went to a priest show, and told me how wrong Kerrang was on this one.

Basically, everything they say nowadays is to be taken with an extreme pinch of salt, as it's likely to be propaganda for emo/death metal lovers
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #784 on: June 14, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »

I'd say they put on a good show i wast there like. I HATE Cradle of filth and things of that nature becuase i don't consider it music at all. But they are right about 1 thing it aint Guns N' Roses. Judging by these reviews (not just Kerrang) the UK are not gona accept this band and sorry to say this btw but i say thank fuck.
anythinggoes
« Reply #785 on: June 14, 2006, 11:33:56 AM »

But they are right about 1 thing it aint Guns N' Roses. Judging by these reviews (not just Kerrang) the UK are not gona accept this band and sorry to say this btw but i say thank fuck.

well what the fuck are you doing on this board then this is a fansite not a hatersite go to blabbermouth if you want to bad mouth rant

another point the starring system in Kerrang you either get 5 k's 4 k's down to 1 they gave GNR 0 i would say biased but then i dont give two fucks what they say but others might actually listen to them and believe it  no
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #786 on: June 14, 2006, 11:35:43 AM »

I think the biggest shock of the entire show was the fact the intro tape hit at 8:08pm!

goddamn yes!  could not believe they were EARLY!  i had to run like hell to get in to place!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #787 on: June 14, 2006, 11:42:30 AM »

Judging by these reviews (not just Kerrang) the UK are not gona accept this band and sorry to say this btw but i say thank fuck.

Maybe that's why they sold out Hammersmith and two Wembley shows.

Now leave us alone and go post your negative whining about the band somewhere else. There's no way a guy like you will feel welcome here.? ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estranged.1098
« Reply #788 on: June 14, 2006, 11:47:27 AM »

Wasn't this guy banned? I'm pretty sure he was.  Roll Eyes
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #789 on: June 14, 2006, 11:50:18 AM »

I'd say they put on a good show i wast there like. I HATE Cradle of filth and things of that nature becuase i don't consider it music at all. But they are right about 1 thing it aint Guns N' Roses. Judging by these reviews (not just Kerrang) the UK are not gona accept this band and sorry to say this btw but i say thank fuck.

Who cares about a magazine says about the show, the fans are buying tix and loving the shows that is all that matters

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #790 on: June 14, 2006, 11:59:23 AM »

Who cares about a magazine says about the show, the fans are buying tix and loving the shows that is all that matters

I just wonder though if that is what Axl is more concerned about this time around: the fans appreciation and acceptance versus that of the media, or a few snotty critics.. Undecided
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:02:36 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #791 on: June 14, 2006, 12:18:51 PM »

as much as they bad mouth GnR fact remins they need GnR to headline their festivals, anyway with this emo/death/goth metal when have any of them bands made a classic record?? afd is always in the best albums of all time list, i don't see cradle of flith there or shitestar! if we all club to gether and get behind GnR they will win threw!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #792 on: June 14, 2006, 01:13:40 PM »

The only people giving it bad reviews are shitty rock mags. I have seen nothing but good reviews from actual fans that go to the shows. I was at one of the Hammerstein shows and I know for a fact that people who are writing bad reviews are people who just want to see Axl fail. They go to the show, or dont even go at all, with their mind made up that they are gonna write a bad review and thats that. Any fan that has been to a show can tell you that these guys fuckin rock, and there is no other band out there that can touch them.

I can feel a classic Axl rant about Kerrang coming next month when they are back in England for the UK Tour.  ok
Evolution
« Reply #793 on: June 14, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »

A small thought: Download was the first airing of the new Chinese Democracy to properly sell me on the new intro!
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #794 on: June 14, 2006, 07:33:31 PM »

after download, i have now seen all original members of the band! and i've met all of them but axl and izzy (i was backstage at adlers appetite twice! and met velvet revolver at a record signing, just to clarify!).

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
anythinggoes
« Reply #795 on: June 21, 2006, 09:45:46 AM »

i was going to buy it then thought fuck it i wont

basically slaged off everthing even as far as Axl coming on stage early they didnt like baz didnt like the solos didnt like the way Axl dressed said Axl spent most of the time of stage then on it pretty much the usual bullshit we come to expect sorrt i dont have it in front of me to quote more

Also some knobhead wrote into Kerrching saying waht a great review they had done on Gnr funny they didnt show the letters sent in that slated them eh rant
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #796 on: June 21, 2006, 06:47:53 PM »

GnR are a 7 piece band 8 if you want to include Izzy. 

Thet are actually an 8 piece even without Izzy. Axl/Robin/Ron/Richard/Tommy/Brain/Dizzy/Chris

I would'nt do that if I were you.
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #797 on: June 26, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »

anythigngoes....omigod, i love your starwarsfullfilmanimation sidepicture!!!!

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #798 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »

im having trouble uploading pics how do i get em from cam to web?

cheers
fish
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #799 on: June 27, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

www.tinypic.com
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: