Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MLB - Discuss Yesterday's action or anything you want  (Read 70644 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »

david wright now has 19 homeruns, batting 223 and has 70 rbis along with 21 doubles, this fucking kid is Amazin,...

Reyes batting 300, 13 triples, and has over 70 runs and 39 steals to lead baseball in most of the last 3...

Those two home bred kids are fucking awesome

Too bad they play for the wrong team, Mike! Wink
true the yanks need some help Grin

they are exactly where they should be.. I've been watching 86 met's shit, damn they fucking rules that year fights drugs drinking? arrogance kicking ass..

Calm down there Mike....the Met's lose 6 out of 7 games and still have an 11 game lead recently, so i think it's apparant the Mets will win the East.....

Most likely they'll represent the NL in the WS because the other divsion lears all suck donkey cock hihi

Too bad the Mets got destroyed by the AL in interleague and most likely, will get destroyed in the WS Embarrassed Grin

I'd say the Tigers, White Sox, Red Sox, and even the Yankees could take care of the Mets in a best of seven series Shocked Grin
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 03:38:26 PM »

The Mets better go get another pitcher, because just like I predicted a few weeks back, their starters are showing their age. You better hope Pelfrey is as nasty as they're hyping him to be.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »

I hope pelfry/maine does good... I want to kill lima, fucking dontrell single handedly destroyed the mets.. What a fucking athlete that guy is.. The grandslam he hit, the guy swung like a clean up hitter.. He was playijg so bad of late, but looked like his 2005 self again.. I'd love the mets to get him, fucking florida gives away eevrything anyways..

The only thing the mets have is their division sucks which means the pitchers can rest up.. I think the reliever Oliver is  a damn good distance pitcher
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2006, 10:23:49 PM »

I hope pelfry/maine does good... I want to kill lima, fucking dontrell single handedly destroyed the mets.. What a fucking athlete that guy is.. The grandslam he hit, the guy swung like a clean up hitter.. He was playijg so bad of late, but looked like his 2005 self again.. I'd love the mets to get him, fucking florida gives away eevrything anyways..

The only thing the mets have is their division sucks which means the pitchers can rest up.. I think the reliever Oliver is? a damn good distance pitcher

when you score 10 before the 6th; you can't help but pitch well; Valentin had a hell of a game Shocked
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2006, 07:00:20 PM »

yeah 7 rbi... Fucking of course floyd hit, it meant nothing hihi

Today was almost a horrible ending but david wright saved the day.... 3 run homer in the 8th... damn guy has 74 rbi and 20 hrs at the allstar break.. Hope he continues, mets could haev 3 guys with 40 or more hrs this year, maybe 50 in there
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 10:16:25 AM »

Today was almost a horrible ending but david wright saved the day.... 3 run homer in the 8th... damn guy has 74 rbi and 20 hrs at the allstar break.. Hope he continues, mets could haev 3 guys with 40 or more hrs this year, maybe 50 in there

Has anyone ever told you that you have an " Un-healthy Man-Crush " on David Wright?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006, 04:43:45 PM »

Has anyone ever told you that you have an " Un-healthy Man-Crush " on David Wright?

that gave me quite a laugh this morning hihi hihi

Though i think he's just excited because his Met's are finally good rofl  as it's been a while

of course, it took an ex-Yankee to get them there Grin  and for them to fire Steve Phillips hihi

I love watching that guy talk about Scott Kazmir and the mistake the Mets made in trading him.....but he never mentions he's the jackass that traded him rofl
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 08:38:22 AM »

that gave me quite a laugh this morning hihi hihi

Though i think he's just excited because his Met's are finally good rofl? as it's been a while

of course, it took an ex-Yankee to get them there Grin? and for them to fire Steve Phillips hihi

I love watching that guy talk about Scott Kazmir and the mistake the Mets made in trading him.....but he never mentions he's the jackass that traded him rofl

Kasmir is nasty. No matter how good the Mets will be for the future, can you imagine if they had Kasmir in that rotation?  This will go down as another Smoltz trade from the Tigers to the Braves for Doyle Alexander, except Alexander actually helped that team for a year. Zambrano has been god-awful since they got him.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »

of course, it took an ex-Yankee to get them there Grin? and for them to fire Steve Phillips hihi

Funny, but Jim Duquette was the GM at the time. ok 

Phillips made his share of mistakes, but he did field a WS team.......... and his awkward, tense press conferences with Bobby V were great times. hihi
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 12:05:50 PM »

Funny, but Jim Duquette was the GM at the time. ok?

Phillips made his share of mistakes, but he did field a WS team.......... and his awkward, tense press conferences with Bobby V were great times. hihi

Duquettee was a part of Phillips regime though, correct?  Hey, I'm a not a big Met fan...I forgot they hired Duquette before Minayas Embarrassed
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 12:41:10 PM »

Funny, but Jim Duquette was the GM at the time. ok?

Duquettee was a part of Phillips regime though, correct?? Hey, I'm a not a big Met fan...I forgot they hired Duquette before Minayas Embarrassed

Yeah, well I wish I could forget.  That Kazmir trade is #2 on my list of Mets low points (#1 is Sean Estes throwing at Roger Clemens and missing).   crying
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2006, 09:20:55 AM »

Watching last night all-star game,  anyone happen to catch he 9th innings hihi  I was amused when Buck and McCarver were waxing poetic about Hoffman having the highest save percentage of all time, while he was getting the first two outs; and before you know, single, double, triple and the AL has a 3-2 lead.  hihi  Than bottom of the 9th, in comes Rivera and "the other closer" protects a 1 run lead.  Even better, Guillen, passed on the two new "star" closers of the AL (Papplebon and Jenks (his own guy) and goes to Rivera.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »

Watching last night all-star game,? anyone happen to catch he 9th innings hihi? I was amused when Buck and McCarver were waxing poetic about Hoffman having the highest save percentage of all time, while he was getting the first two outs; and before you know, single, double, triple and the AL has a 3-2 lead.? hihi? Than bottom of the 9th, in comes Rivera and "the other closer" protects a 1 run lead.? Even better, Guillen, passed on the two new "star" closers of the AL (Papplebon and Jenks (his own guy) and goes to Rivera.

Yeah, it was cool. The game was good, but Buck & McCarver almost put me to sleep a few times. My little boy was all pumped up for the game, so it made it much easier to stay focused despite the lousy announcing. Rivera is not human. I always love watching National league hitters who have never faced him, try to hit off him for the first time. It barely happens.  Good Game
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »

Yes, it was a good game for once!  When that one dude stole 3rd and home, I thought I would die.  I don't know who he is cuz quite frankly, he's NL and I don't know many of them.  It didn't seem like they even TRIED to get him out.  Oh well, as they kept saying that the game was over with the next pitch (after every pitch in the 9th), the AL came alive to retain the crown!  Grin  Oh, and they don't call Rivera the sandman for nothing!  Wink

Why don't you just....
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2006, 05:49:52 PM »

Yeah it was a good game, i just really enjoyed trevor hoffman blowing another save (think 98 WS) in a big spot; especially after mcCarver and Buck were falling all over themselves saying how good he is
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2006, 11:04:14 AM »

Yeah it was a good game, i just really enjoyed trevor hoffman blowing another save (think 98 WS) in a big spot; especially after mcCarver and Buck were falling all over themselves saying how good he is

Too bad Scotty Ferocious Brosius wasn't there to bury over Centerfield!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2006, 11:13:18 AM »

Yes, it was a good game for once!? When that one dude stole 3rd and home, I thought I would die.? I don't know who he is cuz quite frankly, he's NL and I don't know many of them.? It didn't seem like they even TRIED to get him out.? Oh well, as they kept saying that the game was over with the next pitch (after every pitch in the 9th), the AL came alive to retain the crown!? Grin? Oh, and they don't call Rivera the sandman for nothing!? Wink

That was Carlos Beltran, who used to play for the Royals (and then Astros). The  Royals could not afford to resign him so they traded him away for virtually nothing. Beltran is one of the game's great players, a 40-40 guy. Another huge mistake by baseball's worst run franchise.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2006, 03:38:33 PM »

I remember when KC traded Beltran, they were very pumped up to be getting back John Buck in that deal. Apparently he was very highly thought of across the league as one of the best catching prospects. Maybe it's the air out there in KC. It makes me sad, because I used to love to hate that team with Brett/Frank White/ Hal Mcrae etc.  People forget a one Mr.Johnny Damon came through that city as well.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 08:31:21 AM »

I remember when KC traded Beltran, they were very pumped up to be getting back John Buck in that deal. Apparently he was very highly thought of across the league as one of the best catching prospects. Maybe it's the air out there in KC. It makes me sad, because I used to love to hate that team with Brett/Frank White/ Hal Mcrae etc.? People forget a one Mr.Johnny Damon came through that city as well.

Those were the glory days for that franchise......remember the pine tar game hihi

Of course, the Evil Empire got the best of that little rivalty in the late 70s hihi
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2006, 12:02:05 PM »

At least we got Sidney Ponson!  The division is our now! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: