Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO  (Read 15970 times)
Origen
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 01:10:32 AM »

judging by the sound for the paris show the other night Axl is back doing the 2002 voice.....This is horrbile news! we were so excited that axl had his voice back then he has a bad nigh tliek Paris...Does anyone else realize the importance of this?? If Axl is back to the 2002 voice then everything that we had hoped for will be dashed..No real GNR fan likes the 02 voice..Maybe the 14 year old newbies who never heard Axl in his prime, or maybe the drunks in the crowd who cant tell the difference, but this is something? to keep an eye on..God, i hope it was just an off night for Axl.................What do you think Izyy was thinking, hearing that high pitch voice.....he must have been like 'what the hell happened?'......This is a big issue right now,

Your talking as if it's a completely different guy and a entiring different voice well it ain't. Same when people say this lineup is better then the 2002 lineup, all they are doing is going on image because this still is the same lineup from 2002 with one exception.
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 02:14:06 AM »

dumbest thred ever.
AmyRose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 02:14:35 AM »

dumbest thred ever.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 03:28:58 AM »

judging by the sound for the paris show the other night Axl is back doing the 2002 voice.....This is horrbile news! we were so excited that axl had his voice back then he has a bad nigh tliek Paris...Does anyone else realize the importance of this?? If Axl is back to the 2002 voice then everything that we had hoped for will be dashed..No real GNR fan likes the 02 voice..Maybe the 14 year old newbies who never heard Axl in his prime, or maybe the drunks in the crowd who cant tell the difference, but this is something? to keep an eye on..God, i hope it was just an off night for Axl.................What do you think Izyy was thinking, hearing that high pitch voice.....he must have been like 'what the hell happened?'......This is a big issue right now,

I'm sory,you are woried about Axl's voice like everybody here,but this topic is big ballshit!!!
there are reasons
In 2003 i talked with profesor of music academy in belgrade (women finished university in london),and i talked with her about how some musican could lose  or change his voice!!!she said me this "Axl Rose can back his voice again if he work very hard".I said ok,but why did he lost his voice and she said me that Axl didn't sing for a years,and his voice had mutation because he probably listened other musicans and without his mind he change the voice.

And he didn't lost his voice for a one show,this is very funny!!!
His voice are back,and his voice will be like in donington for a years

I have never seen so many tree
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 04:18:34 AM »

If he had a bad night he had a bad night.... No big deal , I mean shit everyone has off nights, no need to get upset... Can't have only threads of saying how amazing eevrything is...

2002 voice, maybe you mean vmas voice... The again I only know msg 2002 for sure where he sounded really good..

if it's constant that's a problem, one show. eh..  I definetly heard better betters then download
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 04:47:41 AM »

Dude fuck off. Axl sounds great. I don't know why you feel the need to bitch about a gig that you weren't even at, and he sounds fine anyway.

You just don't get it do you. When you 44 and sing with a hardcore rasp you won't have a voice for a week... it bangs you vocal chords together and destroys them. And he still does have a rasp he just uses it selectely so that he can sing night after night.

If you don't like it don't fucking download it.

Anyway I think he sounds awesome and really enjoy the bootlegs.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 05:07:05 AM »

I WAS AT THE PARIS SHOW and his voice was phenomenal!
This thread is dumb.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 05:13:45 AM »

As a singer well versed in vocal techniques, I can tell you that the vocal technique Axl used in 2001-2002 is a less straining way of singing in a higher range in contrast to his Illusion/current style. While listening to recently recorded bootlegs, hearing the strain on his vocal chords progress, it's not difficult to understand that he is being intelligent about it and decided to revert to a less straining and safer way of using his voice, it's a precaution to ensure that he can go on with the tour and not cancel dates due to throat problems and maybe even having to have surgery, if not careful. However, listening to the Paris bootleg, ?it's not a complete reversion, he uses the safer style in certain songs when needed, while at other times not so much. And, personally, I think it sounds great.
rubinone
Opening Act

Urban Jungle

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 05:17:42 AM »

What a boring discusssion. There's good and bad nights and it's not a big deal. Each show is different and unique and it doesn't matter if you're a singer, drummer, guitar player or whatever. We all know that Axl is in excellent shape and there's nothing to complain about!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 05:18:56 AM »

judging by the sound for the paris show the other night Axl is back doing the 2002 voice.....This is horrbile news! we were so excited that axl had his voice back then he has a bad nigh tliek Paris...Does anyone else realize the importance of this?? If Axl is back to the 2002 voice then everything that we had hoped for will be dashed..No real GNR fan likes the 02 voice..Maybe the 14 year old newbies who never heard Axl in his prime, or maybe the drunks in the crowd who cant tell the difference, but this is something  to keep an eye on..God, i hope it was just an off night for Axl.................What do you think Izyy was thinking, hearing that high pitch voice.....he must have been like 'what the hell happened?'......This is a big issue right now,

breath in n' out dude for fucks sake............ Shocked

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
fnord
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 05:41:15 AM »

i was at the show and his voice was a bit strange at the end, especially during CD. Anyway I think he had a cold or something, between songs he was with his handkerchief.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 06:16:36 AM »

i was at the show and his voice was a bit strange at the end, especially during CD. Anyway I think he had a cold or something, between songs he was with his handkerchief.

i think you might be right. i'm listening to the show now and you can tell when he's talking he sounds a bit stuffed up.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 06:18:36 AM »

This thread is dumb.

You know, for once we actually agree.

The way he sang KOHD was amazing.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 06:24:14 AM »

i just think he sounded bad in I.R.S. but owell.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 08:35:56 AM »

His voice is fine. I thought it sounded bad on the download audience recordings. But then comes the pro shot tv stuff and he sounded fucking badass.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 10:51:46 AM »

What I find more interesting, are the ten or so people, who in a very organized and somewhat intelligent way, create these types of posts to spread general disinformation regarding this incarnation of GNR.   I cannot put my finger on it, but I would imagine they are either connected to Slash/Duff's legal team, or Velvet Revolver?   It's classic disinformation, but the methods used are too organized and obvious for it just be random idiots.  I would, if I was a moderator, be ready to pounce and delete these topics when they come up.  Threads like this serve no purpose.   I would suggest banning many of these pathetic fools.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 10:54:13 AM »

What I find more interesting, are the ten or so people, who in a very organized and somewhat intelligent way, create these types of posts to spread general disinformation regarding this incarnation of GNR.? ?I cannot put my finger on it, but I would imagine they are either connected to Slash/Duff's legal team, or Velvet Revolver?? ?It's classic disinformation, but the methods used are too organized and obvious for it just be random idiots.? I would, if I was a moderator, be ready to pounce and delete these topics when they come up.? Threads like this serve no purpose.? ?I would suggest banning many of these pathetic fools.

Its always the same few people, and the funny thing is I bet they have not even gone to a show live to really give a good opinion on Axls voice

His voice is getting better and  better as the tour rolls on. By the USA tour I have no doubt he will be close to what his voice was like in 91-93

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »

i love these bootleg critics Roll Eyes

go see a show for yourself then judge....bootlegs are no comparison for the real deal peace

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »

This thread is dumb.

AdZ agreeing with nesquick??? Shocked
Isn't that a sign of The Apocalypse!!!? nervous

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

This thread is dumb.

AdZ agreeing with nesquick??? Shocked
Isn't that a sign of The Apocalypse!!!? nervous

either that or a CD release hihi

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: