Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO  (Read 15960 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 12:20:26 PM »

You're listening to an absolute shit-quality bootleg.

People used to cite the 2002 Albany bootleg as proof that Axl's voice still sounded like it did in 1992, which is idiotic.

Wait for a soundboard to come out before you judge Axl's voice.

LOL..I'm sorry Dave, but this harkens back to the EXACT same conversation we had about a month or so ago where I told you the EXACT sme thing.

Smiley

I just hadda chuckle...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 12:44:34 PM »

you guys are asses!!!!

axl is doing show after show after show. if YOU think his voice is taking a dive, keep it to yourself! We finally have Axl back and you start saying he doesn't like now how he did last week....WTF?Huh? Axl's voice sounds great, paris sounded great.

HAVE YOU DONE LIVE SHOWS? DO U KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO DO SHOW AFTER SHOW, NIGHT AFTER NIGHT? RATHER THEN CANCEL SHOWS, AXL IS DOING THEM ALL AND DOING THEM 100000% AND HE'S HAPPY.

the poster is an ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

well i hope his voice sounds as good as it did at donnington, thats partly the reason i paid to go see gnr cause his voice had gotten awesome again.

html sucks
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 02:00:01 PM »

If he had a bad night he had a bad night.... No big deal , I mean shit everyone has off nights, no need to get upset... Can't have only threads of saying how amazing eevrything is...

2002 voice, maybe you mean vmas voice... The again I only know msg 2002 for sure where he sounded really good..

if it's constant that's a problem, one show. eh..? I definetly heard better betters then download

I was at the Toronto, Ontario & London, Ontario shows in 2002 and he sounded Great in Toronto and Good in London.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2006, 02:01:59 PM »

I was there and didn't hear his 2002 voice at all. I saw them in Dublin as well and I thought he sounded better in Paris. Relax guys, really.

pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »

i don't get it. 4 years ago everybody was going crazy about how good axl's voice was. and now all of a sudden his voice wasn't that great after all?! stop this BS, axl is just doing fine!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2006, 02:05:31 PM »

i don't get it. 4 years ago everybody was going crazy about how good axl's voice was. and now all of a sudden his voice wasn't that great after all?! stop this BS, axl is just doing fine!

His voice was fine in 2004 its just more raspy now and that is what more people like.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2006, 02:12:50 PM »

I agree that we don't need to make a big deal out of this , it's only one show .  But once the USA tour comes around , he has to atleast sing like he did in Donnington  or else the press   and fans ( casual)  are going to be repeating the same things they were  in 02'   "his voice  is shot and no longer has the power".
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 02:19:38 PM »

Axl's voice was amazing at the Paris show, definitely not 02-like
fridayfan13
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

i must admit, even thought this has only happened at one show, im worried. hopefully this extra day off because of Brain will help him as well. since the new york shows, Axl's voice has been better than ever, and id hate to have to hear that voice from 02 again(granted it was ok on some songs such as The Blues and SCOM)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »

What a stupid fucking thread. Havent you got anything better to do than start stupid threads like this? Axl is sounding absolutely fucking awesome, so are the band. When somebody who uses this board who was at the show as well posts a message to say that Axl sounded amazing and the gig was wicked, that should be the end of it. Come on sort yourself out! There has got to be more to life than starting pathetic threads like this, I cant believe it hasnt been locked yet! Mike

mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »

to all of you people screaming that Axl's 2002 voice is great, and everything is great, paris was great, etc etc you sound like people in denial!!!!! Dude, 80 percent of people who heard Axl in 02 said the same thing..." What happened to Axl's voice?" 'Its no longer as strong or powerful."...What do you think this is some figment of my imagination...Just admit that his voice was terrible in 02 and did not sound like the Axl we all know and love.............And he was bringing the raspness voice back this year until the Paris show which reverted back to high pitch 02 like sounding voice..........To all the fanboys screaming about how dare I bring this up, stop living in denial, stop screaming about how I am raining on the parade....Maybe I will be like you and just say everything is great, axl is god, his voice is better than ever......bumblefoot is better than slash, et.cetc.........I know if Axl comes back to the USA with that high pitched crap everyone (media, other musicians) are going to destroy him and it will be as embarrassing as the 02 fiasco.........the 02 VMA'S set GNR back a couple years here in te USA...........Seems like a lot of GNR fans agree the o2 voice sucked.....and if the 02 voice is now the 06 voice that will be big trouble on the horizon..........
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

judging by the sound for the paris show the other night Axl is back doing the 2002 voice.....This is horrbile news! we were so excited that axl had his voice back then he has a bad nigh tliek Paris...Does anyone else realize the importance of this?? If Axl is back to the 2002 voice then everything that we had hoped for will be dashed..No real GNR fan likes the 02 voice..Maybe the 14 year old newbies who never heard Axl in his prime, or maybe the drunks in the crowd who cant tell the difference, but this is something  to keep an eye on..God, i hope it was just an off night for Axl.................What do you think Izyy was thinking, hearing that high pitch voice.....he must have been like 'what the hell happened?'......This is a big issue right now,

The voice was brilliant, i was there, so now shut up and quit oversleeping, you obviously got it wrong. rant

Nothing to say
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2006, 03:39:15 PM »

When people said they loved his '02 voice back in 2002 tour, I was like are these people insane? ?His voice is much better now, and there are no signs that I have heard that would indicate otherwise. ?Keep it goin Axl. ?I particularly love his voice at the end of IRS from Rock in Rio, it is bad ass.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »

judging by the sound for the paris show the other night Axl is back doing the 2002 voice.....This is horrbile news! we were so excited that axl had his voice back then he has a bad nigh tliek Paris...Does anyone else realize the importance of this?? If Axl is back to the 2002 voice then everything that we had hoped for will be dashed..No real GNR fan likes the 02 voice..Maybe the 14 year old newbies who never heard Axl in his prime, or maybe the drunks in the crowd who cant tell the difference, but this is something? to keep an eye on..God, i hope it was just an off night for Axl.................What do you think Izyy was thinking, hearing that high pitch voice.....he must have been like 'what the hell happened?'......This is a big issue right now,

Jesus, you're a twit. THe last thing this forum needs is some halfwit who knows fuck all about singing coming on here and telling everyone that if you like what Axl's voice sounds like now, you're not a true gnr fan. Get bent. I'm done making rational responses that are based in fact.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

i mentionned two professionals who sat in front of me in paris ( who REALLY enjoyed better, they actually sent a mail through phone to say it was a potential hit)

These two men were very happily surprised by axl's voice.

We ALL WERE.

So just shut the fuck up.

His voice was incredible.

Nothing to say
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2006, 03:45:54 PM »

Well I haven't heard a bootleg from the Paris show yet but I cannot imagine that Axl's voice sounded as in 02. If it does I have to agree with the people who say that he sounded shit in 02. That "scrotum cut off"-voice was along with Buckethead being in the band one of the big dissapointments when Axl finally came out of his house in 2001. Everyone who goes like "But his 2002 voice sounded fine to SCOM or The Blues.": I'd like to hear the 2006 voice over the 2002 voice to sing these songs. As mentioned before: Everyone who liked the 2002 voice ain't a real GNR fan otherwise they wouldn't rate this voice higher than the old Illusion-tour voice.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »

to all of you people screaming that Axl's 2002 voice is great, and everything is great, paris was great, etc etc you sound like people in denial!!!!! Dude, 80 percent of people who heard Axl in 02 said the same thing..." What happened to Axl's voice?" 'Its no longer as strong or powerful."...What do you think this is some figment of my imagination...Just admit that his voice was terrible in 02 and did not sound like the Axl we all know and love.............And he was bringing the raspness voice back this year until the Paris show which reverted back to high pitch 02 like sounding voice..........To all the fanboys screaming about how dare I bring this up, stop living in denial, stop screaming about how I am raining on the parade....Maybe I will be like you and just say everything is great, axl is god, his voice is better than ever......bumblefoot is better than slash, et.cetc.........I know if Axl comes back to the USA with that high pitched crap everyone (media, other musicians) are going to destroy him and it will be as embarrassing as the 02 fiasco.........the 02 VMA'S set GNR back a couple years here in te USA...........Seems like a lot of GNR fans agree the o2 voice sucked.....and if the 02 voice is now the 06 voice that will be big trouble on the horizon..........

That is funny because walking out of the boston 2002 show everyone in front of me walking out was screaming Axl is back, his voice was amazing. And those are not people from the boards. BTW you claimed to have heard the paris show where are the files? I have just found a few. Dont tell me you judges axl on two or three songs now?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 04:02:33 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

As mentioned before: Everyone who liked the 2002 voice ain't a real GNR fan otherwise they wouldn't rate this voice higher than the old Illusion-tour voice.

Who are you people that go around deciding who is and isn't a true fan of this band? It's seriously annoying! I've been into Guns since 1987 and no one is going to tell me that I'm not a fan just because I support the singer getting some decent vocal technique. Have you heard Brian Johnson lately? That's where the Illusion voice was headed.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »

Same old shit ..some people like the way he is singing now...some people arent...this bitch needs to be pretty tied up and dead horsed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: