Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL 2002 VOICE COMING BACK?? OH NO  (Read 15964 times)
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »

As mentioned before: Everyone who liked the 2002 voice ain't a real GNR fan otherwise they wouldn't rate this voice higher than the old Illusion-tour voice.

Who are you people that go around deciding who is and isn't a true fan of this band? It's seriously annoying! I've been into Guns since 1987 and no one is going to tell me that I'm not a fan just because I support the singer getting some decent vocal technique. Have you heard Brian Johnson lately? That's where the Illusion voice was headed.

I just go and say if you like that voice over the raspy one you did not do your homework properly, "fan no.1"!  peace
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2006, 04:18:38 PM »

Well, guess I'm not a fan either.  I've been in love with the band since '88 myself.  I liked both the "2002 voice" and the one he's been using recently.

Fuck it, guess I don't fuckin belong here, huh?  Angry

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 04:25:23 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's a matter of opinion. Some people just have to stir things up - focus on the negative etc. I personally couldn't deal with his voice on the Illusion tour because it sounded so much worse than on the Appetite stuff. Anyway, I don't really believe that I'm bothering to get angry about this debate, since it has nothing to do with me. I do think it's ironic that everybody who thinks he sounds bad hasn't seen a show, and most of the people who have been to shows were wildly impressed by his range and power. Maybe you should get out of the house more often. Grin

On a more musical note, for the people who call it the "high-pitched" voice - he is singing the same tones at every show. The songs don't change - it's a question of tone, not pitch people. If you don't believe the things I say about his voice, ie. that the Illusion style of singing couldn't last, and that this style gives more longevity, and more ability to sing the songs correctly, you obviously have the internet - how about doing some searches about vocal technique, what creates nodes and polyps on vocal cords, etc.? It would educate you, and stop me from sounding like a jerk every time I try to correct some of you who don't know what the hell you're talking about. Better yet - I'm sure you have some great ideas about quantum physics, and string theory. Why don't you call Stephen Hawking up and tell him how he could improve his work?
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »

Why don't you call Stephen Hawking up and tell him how he could improve his work?

Yes but could he pick up the phone?
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »

Why don't you call Stephen Hawking up and tell him how he could improve his work?

Yes but could he pick up the phone?

Maybe, but can he do it as well as he did in 1992?
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2006, 04:35:12 PM »

This topic needs to be changed anyway. I vote we talk about quantum physics and time theory and how it applies to Axl's voice.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2006, 04:35:28 PM »

I've only listened to a handful of songs so far on this Paris bootleg and I don't know what the fucking fuss is about?  I think is sounds good.  Considering all of the fucking shows he is doing and also considering just what it takes to get up onstage and be Axl Rose.  He doesn't have an easy job by any means but regardless of all the bitching and worries, I think he still sounds good.  Some people here judge him way too harsh and expect to him to sound perfect all the fucking time.  You get up there and do what he does day in and day out and see how you sound.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2006, 05:01:36 PM »

The thing I laugh at the people who complain he is not using the rasp for the last show is, Axl barely used a rasp before the UYI tour, he got the rasp because he messed up his throat.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2006, 05:03:16 PM »

The thing I laugh at the people who complain he is not using the rasp for the last show is, Axl barely used a rasp before the UYI tour, he got the rasp because he messed up his throat.

true words.
shut the fuck up complainers be happy axl is back, and rocking better than ever! smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »

As if they are playing for bootleggers?
Basically, no one who was at a show this year or 2002 says Axl sounded horrid then.
Go record your own singing or your friends on your cell phone or whatever and see the difference between  the live voice and recording. ok

I liked both the "2002 voice" and the one he's been using recently.

Me too. Both are in the trained and developed form of AFD era voice, er voices as he has many.

How about "you were not a true fan if you rank the UYI tour voice higher than the AFD era voice. " hihi
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »

OH NO GNR is really fucked this time.  Axl is showing up and singing using the 2002 voice.  They should cancel the tour and scrap all the new material. 

I  mean r u serious.  They've done 17 shows, playing their asses off at all of them.  Playing almost every other night, and have been pretty consistent with their performances.  His 2002 wasnt bad, I listened to some songs, its clear and loud, but doesnt have that raw sound to it.  But that does not mean bad news for GNR

jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2006, 05:31:06 PM »

How about "you were not a true fan if you rank the UYI tour voice higher than the AFD era voice. " hihi
Um...what year of the UYI tour?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »

Axl is getting his voice ready for the US tour this fall. He is testing his voice and seeing how far he can push it so he wont crap out on him like after the first  hammerstein show. He sounded amazing at that show but lost his voice and luckly Baz was there for save the day. Plus Axl was always up and down even back in the day. I heard some of the France shows and he sounded fine.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2006, 05:49:02 PM »

I dont think Axl is tuning for the American tour. I think he was tuning before the tour started and now it is just the natural progression(if there is one ,meaning change) that one has when havent been singing for four years (though some would say 13 I suppose...or even twenty for that matter). I would NEVER call the European tour a tune up for anything (though some thought otherwise in a former post I had... see Budapest if you have a few hours to kill).
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2006, 06:06:57 PM »

If you think the AXL high pitch crapof 02 sounded better than the Illusion tour I have onbe thing so say to you....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....what a joke....I will take the 1991-hoarse Axl any day of the week over the 02 high pitch crap that sounded like he had his nuts in a vice......And by the way, to the people who say they were at the shows and his voice is great and we dont know what we are talking about cuz we werent at the show--- it is a lot easier to judge his voice in the privacy of your own home listening on a bootleg then being at the show with 40,000 screaming drunks screaming at the top of their lungs screaming over axl.................as for the illusion tour he used 3 different styles and none of them were high pitched crap...........91 was when he did the rasp and hoarse style 100 percent and was badass but we would have destoryed his throat had it continued.........92 was a mix of rasp and clean but because of throat problems it was up and down yet even on off nights he still was able to rock that shit.........and for the people who thought he thrashed his voice in 92 on the metallica.faith no more tour his voice in 1993 might have been the best ever...it was raspy and clean without being high pitched.....................
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2006, 06:11:07 PM »

funny how all you were like 2002 his voice sounds better than ever.

2006 his voice is better than ever again.

stfu  yes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »

that voice right there GONE rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »

As I said, record your own singing or your friends on your cell phone or whatever and see the difference between  the live voice and that on crappy recording. Plus Take some voice training lessens yourself to understand what Axl's doing.

Um...what year of the UYI tour?

I guess it's in '92 when he shouted himself hoarse most.
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2006, 07:41:48 PM »

theres no difference between now and 2002....axl was just out of shape at the time...that makes all the difference...so when is out of breath...his helium voice comin up...fuck...2002 was fuckin great and now its greater..stop fuckin complainin,,,,btw.i just watched scom from the paris concert ans he sounded fuckin great!!!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
sisterofyu
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »

It just occurs to me, that whenever Ive even attended a concert the next day my own voice is hoarse from cheering screaming and hollaring, and thats from just attending a concert, I cant imagine what happens to your voice when your singing it at different pitches and straining it night after night on a tour.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: