Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  July 12 - Istanbul, Turkey @ Kurucesme Arena
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 12 - Istanbul, Turkey @ Kurucesme Arena  (Read 30757 times)
aicha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 01:44:39 PM »

count me in for like 3+ tickets
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 05:39:16 AM »

Who's gonna open???

"...It don't really matter..."
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 08:23:18 AM »

twisted sister or bach.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 10:28:31 AM »

I'm coming to DESTROY YOU!!!! I'll be in Turkey at about 11:00 on Wednesday!!!  beer beer beer

"...It don't really matter..."
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

you can't destroy a shit, you'll have fun as hell Smiley
contact me if you need any help, i'd be pleased to help ya.
http://www.4lyn.de/ is the opening act btw.
MYWIFEMYLIFE
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 09:39:07 AM »

goin' to to the concert i was passin' in front of the hotel they stayed (i was given this info) i saw a man wearing something like hood like arabs on his head , his face couldn't be seen from my side but i saw a huge beard that reminded me of robin. i told the driver to slow down and then i saw tommy and richard gettin out from a minivan. i jumped from the taxi and ran towards them, as they saw me they were a little bit scared bcuz a crazy lookin 130 kilos man screaming was running to them. robin escaped to the hotel, but richard and tommy saw my "axl for president" t-shirt and started laughing, i came near them and said that i'm a huge fan of them and thanked them for comin' and wished them luck. i was frozen and couldn't speak they waited for me to speak or have a photo (cuz my cellphone was in my hands) but i couldnt do anything. then tommy asked me if i want to ask them something or talk or maybe have a photo with them but i was bummed, richard shook my hand and told me they are in a hurry and was pleased to meet me and tommy said something i don't remember, then i suddenly asked if they knew where axl was , and they both smiled and said "who knows".
We waved our hands to each other and then a bald man came to me and shook my hand and said see ya there, and a fareast dude with a camera (i then saw hin on stage, he's the gnr photographer) and asked me where i got my tshirt, and both bald guy and fareast dude told me axl would really love it,and fareast dude took a photo of me and told me that i will see this photo.

i then hurried to the taxi and headed my way to the concert arena.
my wife and friends kept a place for me in the third row and we began to wait.
first a band called 4lyn came to stage, they still couldnt believe they opened for gnr and they chanted gnr with us all the time. they were allright but not my taste. kinda nu-metal band but with nu turntable and shynth shit. people reacted them good except some fuck numetal shouters.
then we waited like two hours i think and came the opening of welcome to the jungle, and i started to cry and just stood steadily and keeping my eyez on axl. this continued to the nex songs, it's so easy and mr.brownstone. then came lald,ycbm,kohd,scom and some solos between. we opened a banner written "mom don't worry i'm with axl again! '93/'06" referring to the banner opened back in '93. axl loved it very much and got it and opened on stage. we also opened another banner after blues written "never mind the formers, here's guns n' roses" he said something like it's funny but fucked up or something i couldnt hear that.
when izzy came to stage with his old hat, crowd went nuts chanting "izzy" all the time. we're so lucky to see him on both istanbul performances. they played think about you,patience and outta get me together and i must say that this is really a band, axl and other guys always joking around, and even izzy was like a part of the band not a guest appearance. axl and izzy was very close and enjoyin being together all the time. at one point axl asked us if we want izzy to sig a song, we went nuts again and we shouted for "14 years" alltogether. izzy turned to axl and said something like i'm not ready.
axl was very happy to be on stage and the view from the stage was very nice, a full moon,bosphorus and 17,000 gnr maniacs. but we laughed when he called bosphorus a "river" . last song was niterain which was done perfectly. and btw, during bumblefoot's don't cry solo, there was a wi-conn problems but he was soo sweet that noone cared and continued to sing along.
encore was maddy,robin's solo and paradise city.
i cried like in 10 songs and danced with my wife, it was the most beautiful nite of my life.
people were very surprised that axl is not a fat,bald guy with no voice and the band does not suck. cuz press and internet idiots , which we have in here also, always write stuff like this.
axl was perfect and enjoyed the show and joked all the time,he was happy to see so many people dancing,chanting,jumping all the time band members played very well and always were in touch with the audience also.
i saw gnr back in '93 and yesterday and i can assure you that only difference between two rosters is we are not grown up with the new members and we don't love them the way we love slash,duff and steven. this new line up is really gettin the gang spirit gnr once had, and deserve all the best cuz they're now the best performing band on Earth.
and they really care for you and do whatever they can to give the best performance to the gnr fans.
cuz they know we only deserve the best and we always had it.
axl promised us to see us again and I BELIEVE HIM.

and people here, i deeply and honestly wish all of you to see this band live. cuz you all deserve it.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2006, 09:54:54 AM »

nice one

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: