Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr backstage in greece
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr backstage in greece  (Read 8547 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 05:51:38 PM »

why doesn't Axl take some of his money and help out the less fortunate instead of spending it on roses and other shit.

the last time he did that the dolphins got greedy and wanted their own multi million dollar music video  Tongue

Here today...ready to rock
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 06:16:50 PM »

"he would like to spend some more time with the boys in the yard, but he has to perform his ritual...

he mumbles c u later and then walks towards his room. he takes a shower and then stands in the middle of his white room naked- just him and 150 black towels which later will be used to dry his body.

he takes his time as the chants of the wild fans get louder..."

ps Axl if u are reading this its all love.please play TWAT in athens peace

homo homini lupus...
pebbles
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »

black towels, roses,yards, rofl hes so funny,
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 08:36:15 PM »

why doesn't Axl take some of his money and help out the less fortunate instead of spending it on roses and other shit.

well how do you know he doesn't?? I remember reading before, and you'll like this..that he gave alot of money to a dolphin charity. i don't have a link, it's been in in my head for years. Also didn't he give money from the SPI to charles mason victims (family members) or something???

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
rbudrick
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 11:13:39 AM »

Folks, I can make perfect sense of the outlandish requests that rockstars like Axl make.  It's all very simple.  There's approximately 1, 000, 000, 000, 002 things that can go wrong at a show, ruining it for all the fans.  A major piece of equipment could fail, a plug could be plugged in the wrong way, a piece of euipment could get packed wrong, destroying it, an instrument could be plugged into the wrong board, etc., etc., etc.  The shows are extremely carefully pre-planned and must be followed to the letter.  The reason those lavish things are on the contract is to prove that the venue and the show organizer READ THE DAMN CONTRACT.  If they did not read the contract, then all those things that could go wrong at the show probably will.  If they don't read the contract, the performer could get into a LOT of trouble....not only with the fans if the show goes wrong, but financially if there's a disaster, and even physically if there's a riot or he/she gets electrocuted because some jerk didn't read the fine print.   These lavish things in the contract are for YOUR benefit, the fans.  There's just far too much on the line for a show to have something major go wrong, so these things are all safeguards against that sort of thing.  It is simply far too dangerous to NOT have these things in a contract.  They insure the safety of the performer and the entertainment of the fans.

-Rob
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »

Folks, I can make perfect sense of the outlandish requests that rockstars like Axl make.? It's all very simple.? There's approximately 1, 000, 000, 000, 002 things that can go wrong at a show, ruining it for all the fans.? A major piece of equipment could fail, a plug could be plugged in the wrong way, a piece of euipment could get packed wrong, destroying it, an instrument could be plugged into the wrong board, etc., etc., etc.? The shows are extremely carefully pre-planned and must be followed to the letter.? The reason those lavish things are on the contract is to prove that the venue and the show organizer READ THE DAMN CONTRACT.? If they did not read the contract, then all those things that could go wrong at the show probably will.? If they don't read the contract, the performer could get into a LOT of trouble....not only with the fans if the show goes wrong, but financially if there's a disaster, and even physically if there's a riot or he/she gets electrocuted because some jerk didn't read the fine print.? ?These lavish things in the contract are for YOUR benefit, the fans.? There's just far too much on the line for a show to have something major go wrong, so these things are all safeguards against that sort of thing.? It is simply far too dangerous to NOT have these things in a contract.? They insure the safety of the performer and the entertainment of the fans.

-Rob

Thank God for this guy!
This IS why they do this stuff
So says Van Halen.

Trying to write that
All in the form of haiku
Would have been quite hard!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 12:10:13 PM »

I remember reading before, and you'll like this..that he gave alot of money to a dolphin charity.

ahahahah ahahahah ahahahaa ahha.

aha ah.

ah.

funny.

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 01:01:57 PM »

He employs a crew of around 100 other people. He's helping 100 other less fortunate people just by doing his job. How many less fortunate people did you help today just by existing? Not 100, I'm guessing. 100 people and their families have food and clothes, money for bills and mortgages and loan repayments, just because GNR are touring. That goes a little further than your $5 donation to the salvation army, 'kay? 'Kay.
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »

1)Why should the towels be black?

I'd guess it's so that you can tell that they're new, and not the promoter's hand-me-downs. Same for the amount, 150, no-one has 150 towels laying around and certainly not 150 black ones. You'd be forced to go and buy them. And so, Axl gets a clean, unused towel. And 149 spares. Because it's hot under those lights, dammit! Also, put them all in a pile and you've got a makeshift matress! It's way cheaper for the promoter to buy 150 black towels than to buy a king-sized bed. I'd rather ask for the bed though, because you can tell it's new and unused because it's wrapped in plastic. Actually, I'd ask for 150 black california king-size beds and I'd bring my own towel.
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 05:13:06 PM »

In Nijmegen Axl was still going strong on the botlles of Evian, maybe his rider hasn't changed that much since the 90's... I'd like to see this years btw...
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 05:34:44 PM »

i wish i could make a list like this when my band plays.  im lucky if the clubs give me a beer.  My girlfriend doesnt even give me a blow job after the show.  Fuck.   
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 05:36:38 PM »

women eh!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 05:53:29 PM »

I found some backstage requirements online. Not sure when these are from though.

That looks a lot like my grocery list.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LookingThruThisPOV
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 10:54:37 PM »

For that matter, why doesn't he sell his Ferrari, his crib and all the rights to his music and give it all to the poor?? Why stop at roses and towels?? ? confused

I am by no means an Axl apologist, but he's earned his money.? He'll spend it as he sees fit.? The taxes he's paid alone probably contribute to more charitable causes than any of us ever will...
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »

For that matter, why doesn't he sell his Ferrari, his crib and all the rights to his music and give it all to the poor?? Why stop at roses and towels?? ? confused

I am by no means an Axl apologist, but he's earned his money.? He'll spend it as he sees fit.? The taxes he's paid alone probably contribute to more charitable causes than any of us ever will...

rock on

fish
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 02:45:53 AM »

I am by no means an Axl apologist, but he's earned his money.  He'll spend it as he sees fit.  The taxes he's paid alone probably contribute to more charitable causes than any of us ever will...
His property taxes alone are more than most people make in a year.

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 04:38:13 AM »

what about his oxygen mask and tanks? haha someone should fill switch the air tanks with a heelium tanks!!

150 towells! thats to many towels. what does he gonna do with all those towels? and why would Chris Pitman or Dizzy need thier own rooms? all members ned thier own rooms? hahah why dont they share so they can talk about the show!!!

axl wants to watch the front row to see who has a slash shirt so he can throw them away from the shows!!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 12:21:10 PM »

Yeah, that looks like it's from the UYI tour days, because James Hetfield reads off a bunch of those in one of Metallica's home videos from the Metallica/GN'R tour.

Having said that, I don't want to turn this into anti-Metallica thread, I just thought I'd point out when I think these Axl backstage requirements might be from.
this is where it is from, I have the Metallica video where all the bashing takes place in regards to this

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 03:11:46 AM »

Artists' diva behavior and requests are basically based on the "cuz I can" rule. There's one thing that always struck me as weird. When you start out in a band, you're lucky if you get a case of beer and a sandwich at the club you're playing, yet you put on a show and you do it and it's all great and fun. Then they sell a couple of million records and all of a sudden they need all this stupid shit and make ridiculous demands. I mean, I understand if you want a decent meal and some drinks and stuff, but 150 black towels?

But I'm not talking about just Axl, I'm talking about a lot of artists. The whole "the couch needs to be white leather or else I'll be unhappy" thing always seemed idiotic to me.

Rockstars or not, they're all spoiled babies.
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 05:47:13 AM »

what about his oxygen mask and tanks? haha someone should fill switch the air tanks with a heelium tanks!!

150 towells! thats to many towels. what does he gonna do with all those towels? and why would Chris Pitman or Dizzy need thier own rooms? all members ned thier own rooms? hahah why dont they share so they can talk about the show!!!

axl wants to watch the front row to see who has a slash shirt so he can throw them away from the shows!!

Riiight....so then everyone can go back to complaining about his voice.....yeah that's really funny! Roll Eyes

I really do despair about alot of people's sense of humour around here....

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: