Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  gnr backstage in greece
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: gnr backstage in greece  (Read 8543 times)
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »

I know for a fact there is no such thing as 150 towels in his dressing room.
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2006, 08:46:19 PM »

Maybe he needed 150 black towels because he was going backstage in grease.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2006, 11:10:40 PM »

Folks, I can make perfect sense of the outlandish requests that rockstars like Axl make.? It's all very simple.? There's approximately 1, 000, 000, 000, 002 things that can go wrong at a show, ruining it for all the fans.? A major piece of equipment could fail, a plug could be plugged in the wrong way, a piece of euipment could get packed wrong, destroying it, an instrument could be plugged into the wrong board, etc., etc., etc.? The shows are extremely carefully pre-planned and must be followed to the letter.? The reason those lavish things are on the contract is to prove that the venue and the show organizer READ THE DAMN CONTRACT.? If they did not read the contract, then all those things that could go wrong at the show probably will.? If they don't read the contract, the performer could get into a LOT of trouble....not only with the fans if the show goes wrong, but financially if there's a disaster, and even physically if there's a riot or he/she gets electrocuted because some jerk didn't read the fine print.? ?These lavish things in the contract are for YOUR benefit, the fans.? There's just far too much on the line for a show to have something major go wrong, so these things are all safeguards against that sort of thing.? It is simply far too dangerous to NOT have these things in a contract.? They insure the safety of the performer and the entertainment of the fans.

-Rob

Glad to know Sanctuary Group is reading the board! hihi
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 12:42:26 AM »

Artists' diva behavior and requests are basically based on the "cuz I can" rule. There's one thing that always struck me as weird. When you start out in a band, you're lucky if you get a case of beer and a sandwich at the club you're playing, yet you put on a show and you do it and it's all great and fun. Then they sell a couple of million records and all of a sudden they need all this stupid shit and make ridiculous demands. I mean, I understand if you want a decent meal and some drinks and stuff, but 150 black towels?

But I'm not talking about just Axl, I'm talking about a lot of artists. The whole "the couch needs to be white leather or else I'll be unhappy" thing always seemed idiotic to me.

Rockstars or not, they're all spoiled babies.

OK...I'm breaking my haiku thing THIS ONCE.
Van Halen put it best in reply to questions about their infamous "no brown M&M" rule.
Their stage setup was very heavy, and required that there be certain modifications to the stage itself to support their sets.? If these modififcations were not made for each show, the result could be a literal stage collapse, risking injury or death to band and fans alike.? If the promoters read the contract and followed it to the letter, and there were no brown M&Ms in the bowl, then the odds were that all other parts of the contract had been read and complied with.? If, on the other hand, there WERE brown M&Ms in the bowl, then obviously part of the contract had been skipped or ignored.? If one part is ignored, then what else may be?? Would the stage construction be within tolerances?? It can't be risked.? It wasn't a diva thing...it was, and is, a very real safety issue.?
If there aren't precisely 150 towels, as outlined in the contract, then how can one be sure that the precise required voltages are figured correctly?? That pyro is set up in the EXACT places where bandmembers expect it, and know not to step, and not two inches away, in a possible danger zone?
It's less of an "I'll be unhappy" thing than a "How can we be sure the important things are handled as outlined" thing.?
God, it feels weird not to post in haiku.? Not used to it here anymore!!!!? Tongue
OK.? Back to my normal style.

Not a diva thing.
Little things being done right
Means big things have, too.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2006, 10:45:12 AM »

Artists' diva behavior and requests are basically based on the "cuz I can" rule. There's one thing that always struck me as weird. When you start out in a band, you're lucky if you get a case of beer and a sandwich at the club you're playing, yet you put on a show and you do it and it's all great and fun. Then they sell a couple of million records and all of a sudden they need all this stupid shit and make ridiculous demands. I mean, I understand if you want a decent meal and some drinks and stuff, but 150 black towels?

But I'm not talking about just Axl, I'm talking about a lot of artists. The whole "the couch needs to be white leather or else I'll be unhappy" thing always seemed idiotic to me.

Rockstars or not, they're all spoiled babies.

OK...I'm breaking my haiku thing THIS ONCE.
Van Halen put it best in reply to questions about their infamous "no brown M&M" rule.
Their stage setup was very heavy, and required that there be certain modifications to the stage itself to support their sets.? If these modififcations were not made for each show, the result could be a literal stage collapse, risking injury or death to band and fans alike.? If the promoters read the contract and followed it to the letter, and there were no brown M&Ms in the bowl, then the odds were that all other parts of the contract had been read and complied with.? If, on the other hand, there WERE brown M&Ms in the bowl, then obviously part of the contract had been skipped or ignored.? If one part is ignored, then what else may be?? Would the stage construction be within tolerances?? It can't be risked.? It wasn't a diva thing...it was, and is, a very real safety issue.?
If there aren't precisely 150 towels, as outlined in the contract, then how can one be sure that the precise required voltages are figured correctly?? That pyro is set up in the EXACT places where bandmembers expect it, and know not to step, and not two inches away, in a possible danger zone?
It's less of an "I'll be unhappy" thing than a "How can we be sure the important things are handled as outlined" thing.?
God, it feels weird not to post in haiku.? Not used to it here anymore!!!!? Tongue
OK.? Back to my normal style.

Not a diva thing.
Little things being done right
Means big things have, too.

Splash

/Mike

Thanks alot for the insight Mike.

Seems like a pretty smart plan the more you think about it.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
rbudrick
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2006, 03:13:45 PM »

Yeah, my post on page 2 is pretty much what Mike said.

-Rob
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »

Yeah, my post on page 2 is pretty much what Mike said.

-Rob

Yep!  I quoted you
When I posted about this
Right after you did. ok

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: