Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Axl arrested after Stockholm drunken brawl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested after Stockholm drunken brawl  (Read 3235 times)
crazy_lil_angel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 27, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=4180

Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose was taken into custody by Stockholm police on Tuesday morning after allegedly biting a hotel security guard.

?He has been taken into custody, but I can?t comment on anything more than that,? police spokesman Lars-Erik Larsson told The Local.

Officer Towe H?gg said the rock star was in a cell still drunk at 11 am on Tuesday. She said he is being charged with damaging property, assaulting a security guard, and threatening police in the squad car on the way to the station.

?We have a rock star, but we won?t confirm the name yet,? H?gg told The Local. ?I?m not sure if he was taken away in handcuffs, but he is in the drunk cell and we are waiting for him to sober up before we talk to him.?

H?gg said the cell is between seven and eight square meters and has a mattress. She said the star will have a chance to contact a lawyer when he speaks to police, adding that drunks can only be in the cell for a maximum of six hours before police speak to them.

The rock star, who played a concert Monday night in the capital?s Globen arena, was taken into custody by Stockholm police after reportedly fighting with a woman early Tuesday.

A hotel security guard tried to break up the fight when he was hit and bitten by Rose, reported Aftonbladet.

?We have no comment for now, but he was taken shortly before 8 am this morning,? said Lotta Dracken, marketing manager at Berns Hotel told The Local. ?I have been told by my superiors not to say more than what the police are saying.?

The 30-year-old security guard, who broke up the fight between a woman and Rose, was bitten in the leg and taken to a hospital for evaluation Tuesday morning.

?He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus,? said Antonio Saluena, the chef of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.
crazy_lil_angel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:50:06 PM »

A follow-up article:

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=4186&date=20060627

Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose, arrested in Stockholm on Monday after allegedly biting a security guard, has been kept locked up by Swedish prosecutors.

"The reason I've decided to keep him locked up is that there's a risk that he'll disappear, and then we won't be able to have a trial," prosecutor Fredrik Ingblad told The Local.

Ingblad said that he can hold Rose for up to three days before he needs to apply to a court to keep him locked up beyond then.

"There is a possibility that there could be a hearing this evening, and I could decide to drop the decision to keep him in custody, but we have not reached that point yet," he told The Local at 5:30pm on Monday.

The veteran star is facing charges of assaulting a security guard and criminal damage against Stockholm's exclusive Berns Hotel. Tabloid reports in Sweden quote witnesses saying Rose bit the security guard on the leg. Police have neither confirmed nor denied the reports.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: