Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 130752 times)
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1020 on: June 29, 2006, 10:32:50 AM »

i must say i agree with my friend mr. intensity here.  do you honestly lose respect for axl fucking rose, a musical genius, and probably the most underated songwriter of all time, just because he fucking bit someone when he was drunk and in a fight?  who gives a fuck.  we've ALL done stupid shit when we're drunk... especially when we are still going strong into the wee hours of 7 am.  i think some people just post comments like that to get a reaction, or perhaps, out of sheer boredom.

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Death Cube K
« Reply #1021 on: June 29, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »

Many people here takes Axl MORE seriously than he takes HIMSELF seriously, and ladies and gentlemen, that is complete FUBAR.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #1022 on: June 29, 2006, 11:21:33 AM »

he should not have bite that guy.  nobody deserves to be bite on the legs.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1023 on: June 29, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »

maybe one day slash or duff will sit down and tell some storys like some tour storys from the road. i think they would be good to hear
Death Cube K
« Reply #1024 on: June 29, 2006, 11:32:06 AM »

Biting should be forbidden for people over the age of 7  hihi  We dont know what happened though. Created a major PR thing though
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1025 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:08 AM »

i think must people here will read "the dirt" about motley crue, or "stairway to heaven" about zeppelin and thinkg those guys are very immature!

what, axl bited a security guard?
nikki sixx licked his own piss?
ozzy painted hotel rooms with his own shit?
john bonham was putting live fishes into women's vaginas?

stories like these are priceless in rock'n'roll. rock'n'roll was never supposed to be a safe, family oriented kinda thing - onstage and backstage.

Just to correct you on that one, werent they supposed to be dead fish heads? I read a snopes article ages ago ... give me a moment to google.

Here it is: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mudshark.asp

Basically just summarises what one guy had to say about it Roll Eyes Apparently (as in he says) it was a sharks nose.

yeah, there a lots of versions about this one, the most usual is the little shark, and that in the room was the tour manager, plant and bonham. the tour manager's recent book about zeppelin is a must read! as good as "the dirt". it would be great to have a compilation on the infamous gn'r stories. i bet there must be some pretty good ones!

a lot of versions? Is this fish story what the zep guys admit?
all the examples grabaraxl took sound revolting. puke  Shit and piss? Not the things I'd like to see in rock n roll.

Compared with those, a Drunk bite sounds pretty normal...a folly it certainly is but an amusing one. relatively.
anyone would have a similar experience.
Just we tend not to remember what we've done under the influence.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1026 on: June 29, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »

i think must people here will read "the dirt" about motley crue, or "stairway to heaven" about zeppelin and thinkg those guys are very immature!

what, axl bited a security guard?
nikki sixx licked his own piss?
ozzy painted hotel rooms with his own shit?
john bonham was putting live fishes into women's vaginas?

stories like these are priceless in rock'n'roll. rock'n'roll was never supposed to be a safe, family oriented kinda thing - onstage and backstage.

Just to correct you on that one, werent they supposed to be dead fish heads? I read a snopes article ages ago ... give me a moment to google.

Here it is: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/mudshark.asp

Basically just summarises what one guy had to say about it Roll Eyes Apparently (as in he says) it was a sharks nose.

yeah, there a lots of versions about this one, the most usual is the little shark, and that in the room was the tour manager, plant and bonham. the tour manager's recent book about zeppelin is a must read! as good as "the dirt". it would be great to have a compilation on the infamous gn'r stories. i bet there must be some pretty good ones!

a lot of versions? Is this fish story what the zep guys admit?
all the examples grabaraxl took sound revolting. puke  Shit and piss? Not the things I'd like to see in rock n roll.

Compared with those, a Drunk bite sounds pretty normal...a folly it certainly is but an amusing one. relatively.
anyone would have a similar experience.
Just we tend not to remember what we've done under the influence.

yeah i dont wanna hear about the shit or piss either! its worse than bite the leg of the security.  at least axl didnt shit in his hotel walls and lick up piss.. thats too much.  i couldnt respect axl if he would ever do these actions.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1027 on: June 29, 2006, 11:59:12 AM »

Jarmo suggestion:

lock this topic.

It's a dead horse now. peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1028 on: June 29, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »

at least axl didnt shit in his hotel walls and lick up piss.. thats too much.  i couldnt respect axl if he would ever do these actions.

Yep I bet he'll wait until he hits 90 and becomes senile. hihi

welcome to the hell estranged2006. beer

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1029 on: June 29, 2006, 12:01:49 PM »

Theres way to much animosity going on over this topic...

What Axl says, or does always has, and always be out of our hands...

We are only the support group along for the ride...

I'll always support axl, but just like anything or anyone else I like I won't hesitate to say when someone does something fucked up..

I'll curse my favorite baseball player and tell abest friend he's fucked up if he did something stupid.. It all can't be positive

It's dead horse now, the show goes on, hopefully that's the last of that type of behaviour beer

Your right Mike, the show does go on...

I just wouldn't gamble on this being the last of this type of behaviour we see out of Uncle Axl...

I mean, who predicted he'd bite a security guard's leg..?

What the man does next, is really anyone's gues... Wink

I don't doubt it, I just hope the stuff happens offstage
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1030 on: June 29, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »

i just hate it when people just call axl a dick and dont even listen and wont give the new band a chance. if chinese democracy sells 3 million in the states ill be very surprised like everyone in my school hates axl and the new band i only have one friend that loves them and only 2 girls i know even like them

He brings that type of stuff on himself with the whole band name issue though. There would not be 1/100th of the venom or negativity there is toward him if he weren't touring as GNR right now, that is just the way it is.

He wouldn't be calling the band GNR if he really cared about or wanted people to listen to the band with an open mind and accept them as a new entity. I suspect he is much more concerned with the value, brand awareness and opportunity the name brings him than he is the negativity he deals with because of it.

He's already explained why he chose to keep the GN'R name, and it has nothing to do with what you said.  To paraphrase, he was a part of GN'R before Slash and Duff, and why should he give up on GN'R when he is not the one who chose to walk away.

That's his reason for keeping the band name. 

Ali

no offense intended, but thats a very thin excuse frankly, and a little naieve to boot

Axl marginalised those who quit, he made it pretty much an intolerable and unworkable environment

$$, business and brand awareness are the motives for holding on to the GN'R brand I'm afraid

You may think the reasons are thin, but I was merely paraphrasing what Axl told RS in late '99.  I didn't say that I believed that was ALL there was to it.  But, I believe that Axl, if nothing else, is brutally honest, so I do believe that what he said was a large part of his reasoning.  Not necessarily all.

I don't think Axl ever marginalized those quit, like Slash and Izzy.  He has never criticized Slash's playing abilities in the press.  Never.

And as far as making it an intolerable working environment, no offense, but you were not there, so all you're doing is regurgitating what has been written in the press.

Ali
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1031 on: June 29, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »

here i thought axl was a breast man and really he is a leg man LOL '

the one an only horsey !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1032 on: June 29, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »

here i thought axl was a breast man and really he is a leg man LOL '

Roast Chicken for dindin?

Jimmy, I might add, that's a dead horse material.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1033 on: June 29, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »

If axl was younger this would be fine.  At 25 I could see this being something that just shows how "on the edge" he is.  The guy is 44 years old, this isnt normal and does not give him the kind of PR that will help the album when it comes out.  And not all pub is good pub when youre a rock star, this will probably just be brought up on best week ever or something sot hat 14 year olds who are the people most likely to still buy a cd, will think of axl as just some washed up dude who bites people now.

Yes, most people on this board love Axl, i love Axl, but what people dont understand is that the majority of "Rock" fans, sided with Slash, Duff and Matt in the split.  RIght or Wrong, they did.  While the majority of Guns fans sided with Axl, the media made the rest of the world side with the VR guys, so Axl has enough problems being taken seriously and his music being heard as legitimate without things like this occurring.  Someone seriously needs to slap Axl back into reality and get his mind together, it sounds like maybe Tommy will be the one to do that.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #1034 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »

If axl was younger this would be fine.  At 25 I could see this being something that just shows how "on the edge" he is.  The guy is 44 years old, this isnt normal and does not give him the kind of PR that will help the album when it comes out.

Right...and when has Axl EVER been "normal"Huh
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1035 on: June 29, 2006, 02:52:53 PM »

Hey Jarmo,

Lock this because it's not revelant anymore.

Only reopen it if Axl bites again Tongue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1036 on: June 29, 2006, 06:29:28 PM »

Someone seriously needs to slap Axl back into reality and get his mind together, it sounds like maybe Tommy will be the one to do that.
So this is the guy you think is gonna get Axl back on the straight n' narrow?? rofl

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?      ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RichardNixon
« Reply #1037 on: June 29, 2006, 11:32:22 PM »

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

GUNS N' ROSES Manager On AXL's Arrest: 'Love Him Or Hate Him Don't Get It Twisted' - June 29, 2006

GUNS N' ROSES manager Merck Mercuriadis released this statement following the band's sold out show in Oslo, Norway last night (June 2 ? their first since frontman Axl Rose was released from jail in Stockholm on Tuesday:

"We are very unhappy about Tuesday's events in Stockholm. To put this in context, we are in the middle of a tour ? with sold-out shows last night in Oslo, tomorrow in Copenhagen, and Saturday in Zurich rounding out this week alone ? and continuing until the beginning of August.

"The Swedish authorities were very aware of this, yet continually threatened us over a 12-hour period with between 5 days and 3 weeks incarceration without bail if Axl did not 'cooperate.' They were fully aware that there were millions of dollars at stake, not to mention the hopes of tens of thousands of fans who had paid for tickets to see GUNS N' ROSES.

"The point is, the police report should not be taken at face value, and if one were to be explicit, this experience is tantamount to being held for ransom. If the context were any different, Axl would probably have preferred to spend the time in jail in order to ensure that all the facts were a matter of public record.

"In addition to this, we are also not happy at the treatment he received. He was arrested after being accosted by a security guard in his hotel, following which he was physically mistreated by the arresting officer in the process of which a valuable bracelet went missing not to be returned. While in custody, he was held down by 5 police officers while a doctor tried to take blood to administer a drug test 3 different times. This illustrates not only the level of incompetence, but malice involved. The results of the test were negative, but the exercise was a clear example of an authoritarian approach trying to flex its muscles. This is the same draconian approach that assumes the security guard in question is telling the truth just because he has a badge.

"Here you have a situation where authorities are skewing information their way, with the media all too ready to run with the biased reports. I did not receive a single phone call Tuesday to verify or comment on any of the reported events. There is a long history of claims by law enforcement, media and others against Axl that have not held up against scrutiny, legal or otherwise. He has had countless baseless lawsuits brought by numerous attorneys and nothing of any merit has ever held up.

"This is not a criticism of the people of Stockholm. The 15,000 people at the show Monday night were amazing, and everyone we met before and after were terrific, until the encounter with the over exuberant security guard. That is where encounters with real people stop and the authorities attempt to take over. There were a number of people involved who treated Axl well, while the conduct of some was questionable and others still deplorable. Regardless, GUNS N' ROSES will return to Sweden where they will play once again for the people, not the authorities.

"Love him or hate him, don't get it twisted."
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1038 on: June 29, 2006, 11:40:39 PM »

Hell yeah Merck!!!  ok
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1039 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:53 AM »

I have a feeling the blood test is mandatory if there is probable cause to suspect the arrestee has been using.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: