Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:05:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl arrested in Sweden on June 27th  (Read 130750 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #740 on: June 27, 2006, 10:02:53 PM »

They just blasted Axl on Hannity and Colmes...Fox News.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #741 on: June 27, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »

hehe thats mean...
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #742 on: June 27, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »

The guy on my local rock radio station said this about it right after they played Paradise City:

"Well, as you all know, or at least I hope you all know, Axl Rose is the biggest nutjob in rock history.  Apparently, he was in a fight at a hotel in Sweden, which he handled like a man by biting a security guard in the leg.  No significant jail time will result from this incident; he'll just pay a fine, move along with the tour, and everyone in the world will make fun of him for a few weeks." 

That's not an exact quote, except the first sentence, "biggest nutjob in rock history." 

no  Should be "greatest frontman in rock history."  There have been plenty of bigger nutjobs.   ok
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #743 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:37 PM »

The guy on my local rock radio station said this about it right after they played Paradise City:

"Well, as you all know, or at least I hope you all know, Axl Rose is the biggest nutjob in rock history.  Apparently, he was in a fight at a hotel in Sweden, which he handled like a man by biting a security guard in the leg.  No significant jail time will result from this incident; he'll just pay a fine, move along with the tour, and everyone in the world will make fun of him for a few weeks." 

That's not an exact quote, except the first sentence, "biggest nutjob in rock history." 

no  Should be "greatest frontman in rock history."  There have been plenty of bigger nutjobs.   ok

That is the biggest downfall about all this negative press. I said earlier in this massive thread, that negative press, will always over shadow and good press.
Look already at all the negative press, Axl is getting. Hell radio stations, TV shows, and papers are already jumping down this. It will be plastered all over the place by tomorrow afternoon. We need a press release from management letting us know, and the world know what really happened. It seems all the news outlets are just taking sources from tabloids.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #744 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:59 PM »

They just blasted Axl on Hannity and Colmes...Fox News.

What did they say?  Not that anything on Fox News should be taken seriously, but still, curious to know what they thought....

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #745 on: June 27, 2006, 10:29:38 PM »

Mmmm, yum, swedish police officer leg! C'mon, who here HASN'T taken a bite out of a police officer's leg? It's all the rage these days.

Everybody makes it seem like the police just asked Axl to calm down and he suddenly took a chunk out of one of them. But for him to bite the dude in the leg, he was probably being held against the floor or something, just like one of the previous posters said. It was in self-defense, in other words.

Here Today . . .
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #746 on: June 27, 2006, 10:36:23 PM »

Mmmm, yum, swedish police officer leg! C'mon, who here HASN'T taken a bite out of a police officer's leg? It's all the rage these days.

Legs!?

Iv'e taken bites out of legs, arms, necks... even heads. I cracked a tooth on the latter once, too tough to chew. peace

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Barbie567
Rocker

I must be losin' my mind - are you blind?

« Reply #747 on: June 27, 2006, 10:37:32 PM »

Obviously since I'm not even on the same continent, I have NO clue what really happened, but seeing as how the Hilfiger story was so twisted in the news, I have a hard time believing every little detail of this one.  My 2 cents?  As someone else suggested in the beginning of the thread - I would bet some money on Axl going back to the hotel drunk & asking for a drink at the bar & being refused, then throwing a fit.  It happened in NY, but his entourage marched him out of the bar before he could injure anyone.  Ah, Axl...nice to see that some things don't change.   beer
Taylor Hicks
Banned
Opening Act

Taylor Hicks is your next American Idol

« Reply #748 on: June 27, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »

maybe he deserved to be held to the ground... maybe he deserved to be maced in the face, maybe he deserved the taser.. maybe he was out of control, drunk, mad, amped up on coke, upset or what. ?he was drunk the security guards were not.

at least hes out of jail. i was starting to worry about the poor fella!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #749 on: June 27, 2006, 10:38:06 PM »

Axl is now definitly back, so hopefully we ll get CD

mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #750 on: June 27, 2006, 10:39:30 PM »

AXL AXL AXL what are u doing??

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
badapple81
« Reply #751 on: June 27, 2006, 11:42:48 PM »

Who are we to tell someone how to live their life and what they should and shouldn't do in their private life?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #752 on: June 27, 2006, 11:49:26 PM »

How hard must he have bit that security guard to send him to the hospital? ?Of course, I'm sure the guy was fine, probably just taking precautionary measures for a potential lawsuit against Axl. ?As long as the tour goes on without any interruptions this really isn't a big deal. ?As for negative press, give me a break. ?You think that really matters. ?The Tommy Hilfiger fight was negative towards Axl. ?The Download near disaster was pretty negative. ?The late start times to the concerts are taken as negatives. ?You think Axl gives a damn about negative press. ?No press is BAD press. ?Remember that. ?This will just get his name and the bands name back in the soical circles even more. ?Tomorrow people who didn't even realize the band was on tour will take note. ?Everyone take a deep breath and stop overreacting. ?We all have done amazingly foolish things while intoxicated and we've survived the consequences. ?Rock stars think they're above the law and they can do as they please. ?That's not true and Axl had to pay for his actions. ?But now we move on. ?Life goes on. ?Get over it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #753 on: June 27, 2006, 11:54:40 PM »

Bizzare Incidents like this make people forget about the fact he is a talented musician and introduce the "whacko jacko" type media coverage because grown men biting people is just so out there it makes him look like a nutcase. Drunk or not, that is not normal behavior. I would hate to see this trend of strange, bizarre situations turn Axl into a parody of his former self in the eyes of the media.

He never used to get "positive" media coverage in the past when he would get arrested or have this type of run in, but it was understood he was a major rock star and that was par for the course. However, this time around it seems people seem to be laughing at him in a way that makes him look like a joke. I know all press is considered positive press, but seeing the way he is being made fun of and ridiculed on the news and on TV shows I can't believe this is something he is thrilled about. Biting someone is hardly a rockstar badge of courage.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #754 on: June 27, 2006, 11:58:11 PM »

When have you heard something in the media, whether it be about an actor, singer, whatever, where they get into a fight or taken to jail where they aren't being made fun of? No one is targeting Axl, its what happens to everyone.

Ask his buddy Lindsey Lohan hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #755 on: June 28, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »

When have you heard something in the media, whether it be about an actor, singer, whatever, where they get into a fight or taken to jail where they aren't being made fun of? No one is targeting Axl, its what happens to everyone.

While that is true, it's not like he was in a bar fight or something, which at least you can save face from. All of the headlines read "Rose bites security guard", which is just plain bizarre. If he is going to get arrested he needs to at least make it for something kind of cool.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #756 on: June 28, 2006, 12:04:51 AM »

Unfortunatley Axl is a VERY EASY target to make fun of these days. ?You really didn't need an incident like biting a security guard. ?Even though by all accounts it seemed that Tommy Hilfiger was in the wrong during their encounter Axl got dumped on for that event. ?The fact is the man was basically in hiding for 10 years after ruling the rock world for the late 80's and early 90's. ?He's an eccentric guy who does crazy things. ?He's been made fun of ever since he stepped out of the limelight. ?Until he makes himself a household name again that will continue to be the case. ?Believe me even if Axl was just arrested for destruction of hotel property (minus the bite) he'd be getting made fun of. ?Just roll with the punches. ?This is not the end of the world like some of you are treating it as.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #757 on: June 28, 2006, 12:05:44 AM »

While that is true, it's not like he was in a bar fight or something, which at least you can save face from. All of the headlines read "Rose bites security guard", which is just plain bizarre. If he is going to get arrested he needs to at least make it for something kind of cool.

I agree 110%.  Some people just refuse to face facts and admit how this would sound to them if they weren't a super die hard fan.  Read my other post about the 3 types of people on this thread  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #758 on: June 28, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »

Unfortunatley Axl is a VERY EASY target to make fun of these days.  You really didn't need an incident like biting a security guard.  Even though by all accounts it seemed that Tommy Hilfiger was in the wrong during their encounter Axl got dumped on for that event.  The fact is the man was basically in hiding for 10 years after ruling the rock world for the late 80's and early 90's.  He's an eccentric guy who does crazy things.  He's been made fun of ever since he stepped out of the limelight.  Until he makes himself a household name again that will continue to be the case.  Believe me even if Axl was just arrested for destruction of hotel property (minus the bite) he'd be getting made fun of.  Just roll with the punches.  This is not the end of the world like some of you are treating it as.

Exactly. Plus its probably the first time a lot of people have heard that GnR are back in business. Good coverage.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2006, 12:09:24 AM »

Dude, come on... They were trashing Lenny Kravitz over an overflowing toilet that ruined his neighbors apartments with his shitty toilet water. Christian Slater was trashed for being arrested for grabbing a womans ass... All the media nutbags want to be comedians. This isn't the end of the world.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: