Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40063 times)
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2006, 08:16:49 AM »

Missing him in GNR is understood..but it wont change the fact that he has gone!

And to be honest as much as I love the old band..I didnt want them to become another AC/DC (who are awesome) but keep pumping out the same album over and over..the fact that they were only around for a short time adds to the whole feeling of GNR!!!

Fish
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2006, 08:17:33 AM »

I miss him in GNR

well,HE ISNT IN GN'R SINCE 1996 and he aint coming back.
so yeah,live in past for rest of your life.it SHURE WONT CHANGE THINGS.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:26:20 AM by Martina » Logged

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2006, 08:22:02 AM »

Exactly deal with what you have, there could have been no Axl no more GNR be grateful for what you got.

Now back to BBF...do you think he is being used correctly/the right man for the job/will he stay??

Fish
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2006, 08:31:32 AM »

i'm sick of people judging the new players by their looks. and i'm sick of reading axlrose4eva and estranged2006's posts that anly say one thing: we want slash back. newsflash - slash quit! 10 years ago! get over it or go to the velvet revolver part of the board.
ron has a very good stage presence and he's an awesome player. i bet you didn't see any of the shows in the tour.
and people bitching about buckethead, he's a tour guitarist too. you don't have any proof of what he recorded with the band. until cd is out and bucket is credited the shredding from the solos in the demos cpuld be from anyone. and ron looks stupid but a guy with a kfc bucket and a mask is cool? (not trying to say bucket was lame but th comparison makes me laugh).
and saying that bumble doesn't have a right image for guns because he is sober? rofl maybe he could be drunk at every show, not speak to the fans and keep everything to himself, act like a star and just pass by when people say hello, cheat on his wife ok that's rock and roll man, i'm going to gnr shows because they have a guitar player that bangs groupies and passes out on stage. fuck the music, i wanna see drunk people on stage!

Youre an idiot, you clearly did not read my post.  Learn how to read and then get back to me.  Newsflash: I never even used the word "Slash" in my post.  You dont know how to read and thus should not be responding to posts on the internet. Go to school, read some Dick and Jane books then come back and post on the internet, because its annoying writing a long post explaining why I think BBF's image is wrong and why I think image is important and then having some idiot write, "Im sick of hearing that you want slash back."  My whole post was defending Robin Fink.  Learn how to read and then come back.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2006, 08:33:09 AM »

Bumble seems to be a great guitarist and a nice chap. Good for him that hes been given a lucky break. Wrecks a few solos though, but half as many as Robin 'Whats my image again' Finck.

But no one ever can replace Slash in this band. No one. Its like replacing Keith Richards with the guy from Bowling for Soup or something and hoping no-one will notice.

Everyone keeps going on about how so and so owns Slash, this new band are so much better than the old band. Its just laughable. All they proved to me when I saw them is that they arent even a competent covers band with all the mistakes they make. It was sad to see cliche after cliche.

If this Chi Dem malarkey falls flat, Axl will be the first to be phoning Slash saying ' Hey buddy, remember me? I loved you all along, wanna hook up'.

Anyway, Im straying from the point, like most threads on here, but Bumble is ok I guess - stupid guitar (hope it is broke).
With Bucket and Bumblefoot's guitar- Axl seems to think that the band needs stupid gimmicks. It didnt before and it doesnt now. Let the music speak for itself. Unless its Silkworms and Rhiad, then please keep hush.

As I have a newly added negative karma point, I hope this doesnt stop me from being able to express an opinion. ?Wink

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2006, 08:37:18 AM »

Good point Locomotive and I will say that he does play a few solos pretty strange but does show genius on some solos...Dont Cry, KOHD, WTTJ SCOM all played so well and I loved the TWAT solo in Hammerstein.

But the ones he plays shred or not, why?? He has so much talent which I seem to think is wasted. Axl needs to give him direction he's too good a player!!

Fish
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »

Rons Don't Cry Version at Nova Rock was much better than the youtube link. Here is a mp3 of it http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E3071B163D0D7535
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2006, 09:21:36 AM »

And wat's even better is he changes it up well, it's the same melody but always different!!!

FIsh
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2006, 09:48:31 AM »

i'm sick of people judging the new players by their looks. and i'm sick of reading axlrose4eva and estranged2006's posts that anly say one thing: we want slash back. newsflash - slash quit! 10 years ago! get over it or go to the velvet revolver part of the board.
ron has a very good stage presence and he's an awesome player. i bet you didn't see any of the shows in the tour.
and people bitching about buckethead, he's a tour guitarist too. you don't have any proof of what he recorded with the band. until cd is out and bucket is credited the shredding from the solos in the demos cpuld be from anyone. and ron looks stupid but a guy with a kfc bucket and a mask is cool? (not trying to say bucket was lame but th comparison makes me laugh).
and saying that bumble doesn't have a right image for guns because he is sober  rofl maybe he could be drunk at every show, not speak to the fans and keep everything to himself, act like a star and just pass by when people say hello, cheat on his wife ok that's rock and roll man, i'm going to gnr shows because they have a guitar player that bangs groupies and passes out on stage. fuck the music, i wanna see drunk people on stage!

Youre an idiot, you clearly did not read my post.  Learn how to read and then get back to me.  Newsflash: I never even used the word "Slash" in my post.  You dont know how to read and thus should not be responding to posts on the internet. Go to school, read some Dick and Jane books then come back and post on the internet, because its annoying writing a long post explaining why I think BBF's image is wrong and why I think image is important and then having some idiot write, "Im sick of hearing that you want slash back."  My whole post was defending Robin Fink.  Learn how to read and then come back.
i was probably wrong to say that you wished slash would be back in gnr, and i apologize for that, but the part about image and stage presence was adressed to you. bucket had a lot more stage presence than ron?  no

and if you want to be a smartass fine:
I never even used the word "Slash" in my post.
The fact is, yes he is a better guitarist than I am and he is a better shredder than slash, but I think it was Slash who said that, (this is a paraphrase, "GnR will never be as talented as a band like Rush, but we hope to have more heart."

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2006, 10:01:09 AM »

bbf hasnt written one song for GnR. Slash wrote them all.? comparing them is stupid.? bbf will be gone next year or this year anyway so it doesnt realy matter. the guitar players for gnr come and go but still slashes name always is at the top. oh well.

I wonder why he hasn't written anything for GNR...............?? DUDE, wake up to reality! Bumblefoot has been in the band for less than 2 months! Slash was in the band for God knows how many fucking years. Stop complaining he hasn't done much, trust me, when he starts writing stuff for the band, it'll blow everyone away. Quit being so ignorant!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:06:53 PM by MandyGnR » Logged
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2006, 10:55:24 AM »

Robin is unique and reminds me af a cross between Jeff Beck and Slash.  Why so much talk of bumblefoot when he hasnt even written or recorded with the band.  Start threads about the new drummer then.  Is he a legend?
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2006, 11:10:37 AM »

Because some of us have heard/listened to BBF before he joined GNR, he is a truly great player

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2006, 11:42:02 AM »

bbf hasnt written one song for GnR. Slash wrote them all.? comparing them is stupid.? bbf will be gone next year or this year anyway so it doesnt realy matter. the guitar players for gnr come and go but still slashes name always is at the top. oh well.

I wonder why he hasn't written anything for GNR...............?? DUDE, wake up to reality! Bumblefoot has been in the band for less than 2 months! Slash was in the band for God knows how many fucking years. Stop complaining he hasn't done much, trust me, when he starts writing stuff for the band, it'll blow everyone away. Quite being so ignorant!!!

he wont be in the band for verry long. no long enough to write stuff for the band. 
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »

I wonder why he hasn't written anything for GNR...............?? DUDE, wake up to reality! Bumblefoot has been in the band for less than 2 months! Slash was in the band for God knows how many fucking years. Stop complaining he hasn't done much, trust me, when he starts writing stuff for the band, it'll blow everyone away. Quite being so ignorant!!!

he wont be in the band for verry long. no long enough to write stuff for the band.?

In touch with Axl are we??  Roll Eyes

Fish
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »

has his sound improved over in europe?  its really the only thing i didnt like.  Fink and fortus have perfect tone for their parts and bumblefoot sounded like he plugged into a boss heavy metal distortion pedal.  he also appeared a bit nervous in NY. 
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2006, 01:46:18 PM »

Because some of us have heard/listened to BBF before he joined GNR, he is a truly great player

Fish
i honestly never heard anything from him.  what would be the best cd to buy from him?
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2006, 01:54:58 PM »

Fish
i honestly never heard anything from him.? what would be the best cd to buy from him?

All of them?  Grin

I can't choose only one, but if you are only getting started, I suggest Normal (his last CD).
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2006, 02:11:40 PM »

yeah if not you can youtube some of the stuff.

And nervous in NY - try playing for one of the biggest bands and one of the most eagerly anticipated comebacks and having 2 weeks to learn all songs Smiley

Fish
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »

Finck is a GREAT guitar player, I dont know why people bash him. Listen to his TWAT solo its fucking amazing.

Because of the 3 gutiarists he is clearly the worst and least talented. He may be great in the studio writing songs and being creative, but so was Izzy, and you didn't seem him playing the bands most important leads because of studio brilliance and seniority did you? Finck should be relegated to rythm guitar like Izzy was, no shame in it.

There is no one on this board who has seen the New band play that can tell you with a straight face that Robin is a better or more talented player than Richard or Bumble. Those two are superior to him, so in turn they should be handling all the leads.....not Robin.

You do know that Robin wrote MOST of the guitar music for the new band right? Also you really dont get Robins style at all, he is very talented and its really a shame you dont see that. If he was just some hack like some of? you make him out to be you would not have Axl and Trent fighting over whose band he was going to be in.

You know Robins style is loose and sloppy right? Its much harder to play that way they play a song clean. Robin can play clean fine, just listen to his SCOM solos, they are pretty much note for note how slash did it but for the other songs he plays it his way to make it different. I dont see why people cannot understand this.? He tore it up on sossego from RIR

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:51:03 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »

So you are  saying that he is more talented than BBF and Richard? Because out of the multiple times I have seen the band live, he always looks and sounds the least impressive. Whether that is his style or not, he is not as good a player as Richard or BBF. At least on the old songs, since none of the leads were written by any of the 3 of them, they should be given to the most talented players to play, which is not Finck. Awarding solos based on seniority, rather than talent level is not a productive way to run a band.

Since you still haven't denied what I am saying about him being the least talented of the 3 is true, I am assuming that you agree with me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: