Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:41:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40058 times)
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« on: June 30, 2006, 07:50:52 AM »

Hey there,

Was at all Uk shows just gone, and Bumblefoot is a legend. 3 times at Download he gave me a salute as I was in the front row and I dont care wat people say, the Dont Cry solo is genius.

My question is, with the solo in TWAT nailed on the 12th May...is BBF's talents going to waste. As in the other songs you can barely hear him and he tends to shred...should Axl put his volume up and tell him to slow down and play with feeling because he sure can. Just the solo in TWAT is spot on and if he was in the band for 2 weeks..it's an awesome effort!!!

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:54:22 AM »

the dont cry solo is genius coz slash wrote it. the TWAT solo he didnt write that either.  he should just play his parts and be thankfull that he is playing with Axl. 

He is good but i dont think he is a legend
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:56:20 AM »

THe dont cry solo he plays is FAR from slash playing it, and Im a slash nut anyone would know that the melody he uses is from the song....but what he does is his own work.

and with TWAT that is my point...if he can nail the solo should he be used to recreate the sound of the guitar parts and be turned up rather than sometimes simply blasting at lightning pace and not being able to hear him!

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:50 AM »

hi is cool i agree.  I like him too. maybe we can see what he will write for guns n roses someday.

at least he doesnt do that high legs thing/step that fink does. dancing like he got a bunch of old chewed gum on the bottome of his shoes! or even worse he stepped in a dog shits!! haha so redicuous that moves fink does.

i hope that ron will write some music for guns n roses and not just play slash and buckhead parts but i dunno really!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:11:52 AM »

THe dont cry solo he plays is FAR from slash playing it, and Im a slash nut anyone would know that the melody he uses is from the song....but what he does is his own work.

His own work? Come on, it's based on the melody progress made by Slash/Izzy.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:13:48 AM »

The foot guitar broke.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »

The foot guitar broke.

good. it was silly
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 08:27:50 AM »

the only anoying thing about him is that he uses the les paul way to high, kinda like angus young, but not as cool. not cool at all actually. that guitar is supposed to be near the crotch, above that line is just lame!  hihi

Chinese Democracy!
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 08:30:04 AM »

What Bumble did with Dont Cry is fantastic....it's the same as Rob/Rich did with Beautiful make it their own whilst still recognising and keeping the original melody...it's an art form in itself

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 08:32:28 AM »

the only anoying thing about him is that he uses the les paul way to high, kinda like angus young, but not as cool. not cool at all actually. that guitar is supposed to be near the crotch, above that line is just lame!? hihi

yep!! its supposed to be worn low. like a gunslingers belt!  didnt axl say that he has to force bbf to use the les paul?  he does wear it too high on his chest.  im glad the foot guitar is broken so maybe he can learn the les paul like slashs.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 08:34:54 AM »

Hey there,

Was at all Uk shows just gone, and Bumblefoot is a legend. 3 times at Download he gave me a salute as I was in the front row and I dont care wat people say, the Dont Cry solo is genius.

My question is, with the solo in TWAT nailed on the 12th May...is BBF's talents going to waste. As in the other songs you can barely hear him and he tends to shred...should Axl put his volume up and tell him to slow down and play with feeling because he sure can. Just the solo in TWAT is spot on and if he was in the band for 2 weeks..it's an awesome effort!!!

Fish

"He tends to shred ... slow down and play with feeling" Roll Eyes

Why is it that in the world of GNR's meandering pentatonic licks people always feel a need to qualify shred and speedier playing in general as emotionless? In other established styles of music, even the most evolved like jazz and classical music, speed is just as much of an element for the expression of emotion then all the others. Anywayz, here's Ron's take on the whole shredding-deal:

'According to Webster's Dictionary, shred means to cut, tear, come apart or break up into narrow strips. In guitarist sub-culture, it refers to the ability to utilise advanced finger techniques with precision and speed. All too often in our quest to shred, we lose sight of our objective -- to make MUSIC, not run a finger race. Yet equally important is the conviction we apply to our music -- the attitude. These two components create our identities that we wish to portray to the listeners. Picture the Zodiac scale of Libra, with musicality on the left and attitude on the right. Every musician distributes the weight on their scale differently from each other to acquire their own balance. Good shredding is putting all your weight on both sides of the scale. Great shredding is cheddar cheese on a taco.'

-Ron Thal-

Shredding has come a long way since players like Holdsworth, Gambale, Buckethead and Thal injected it with their endless creativity, it's not necessarily about guitargymnastics ? la Francesco Fareri. Ron is already a legend based on his solo material (which ranks up with the best , both in composition as in skill and is credited for it by the best) and his pioneering on the fretless guitar. 

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 08:42:45 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Origen
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 08:36:58 AM »

If you want to judge for yourselves here are two videos of each players guitar work:

Bumblefoot - Don't Cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHLlNf7MNlY

Slash - Solo Don't Cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9UkCDIyqBs
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »

the dont cry solo is genius coz slash wrote it. the TWAT solo he didnt write that either.? he should just play his parts and be thankfull that he is playing with Axl.?

He is good but i dont think he is a legend

good point....I never heard of the guy till he joined GnR.... hihi

too be a legend, shouldn't you have a few songs that you automatically think of that guitarist Huh

just an opinion Grin
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 08:50:07 AM »

If you knew or were clued up about music and guitar Bumblefoot is given raging reviews by Joe Satriani so he is a legend. Just because he did not make it majorly big doesnt mean he isnt one of the greatest talents out there. Look for vids/samples he plays fretless guitar better than most can play normal. His injection into GNR is awesome...he's just a wasted talent in my opinion.

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »

If you knew or were clued up about music and guitar Bumblefoot is given raging reviews by Joe Satriani so he is a legend. Just because he did not make it majorly big doesnt mean he isnt one of the greatest talents out there. Look for vids/samples he plays fretless guitar better than most can play normal. His injection into GNR is awesome...he\'s just a wasted talent in my opinion.

Fish

i dont know what are his injections to GnR that are awsome? hes just playing slashs parts with 1 other guy who has gum stuck to his shoes!   his talent will be shown when he writes soemthing for guns n roses that is as good or better than slashes songs. 
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 08:55:01 AM »

Popularity is in no way a indication of quality. To many people the greatest player ever was Shawn Lane (RIP) for very good reasons, however most people out there have never heard about him and never will.

-PEACE-

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »

If you want to judge for yourselves here are two videos of each players guitar work:

Bumblefoot - Don't Cry:

Slash - Solo Don't Cry:

My opinion? One has nothing to do with the other, except for the melody.

But then again, I'm not a guitar expert.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »

My opinion:
Bumblefoot = excellent guitar player!

but after looking at the youtube video's.....Slash = more Guns player! God I miss him!

Men, those were the days, no boring solo's...it was fuckin slash man!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 09:18:31 AM »

Bumblefoot - Don't Cry:

Slash - Solo Don't Cry:

Dude, Slash owns this dude. I'm sorry I support the new band and have traveled far at considerable cost to see them but not a single current guitarist can hold Slash's jock.

beer
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 09:20:43 AM »

Do you know what really annoys me about bumblefoot...the fact that he is the worlds biggest douchebag. ?Reasons?

1. ?He goes by the name "Bumblefoot"
2. ?He wears spongebob squarepants t-shirts
3. ?He plays a foot guitar
4. ?He makes press releases to confirm his total sobriety and love for his wife and he is most likely telling the truth.
5. ?He is fat
6. ?He makes gay faces when he plays.
7. ?People repeat over and over that, "Joe Satriani gave him a good review"... seriously, you all think Axl is god and Axl gave 50 cent and Mambo Number 5 good reviews, just because someone is a musician doesnt mean they always have the best tastes. ?Also, A lot of people gave Bullet For My Valentine good reviews (including Axl) ?and I think we all heard how terrible they are.
8. ?He just shreds and never plays anything with any soul at all. (reason why Dont Cry is different).
9. ?He is nothing but a glorified road guitarist yet people want Buckethead back so much they are making it sound like this guy wrote the whole CD.
10. ?Everyone says he is so good now and world renowned etc... the dude was playing 200 people capacity night clubs wearing a tye dyed spongebob shirt and playing a foot guitar 2 months ago...seriously hes a douche who got a lucky break. ?Hes one step above the fat guy on youtube who plays keyboards moderately well and sings about Spacecamp and Bittorrents.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: