Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40054 times)
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »

So, you are saying the local media spins his name into a lie

Won't somebody tell me what is real?  Wink

Ron's an awesome musician.  I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already checked out his solo stuff, really should before passing judgement.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 11:35:27 AM »

Won't somebody tell me what is real?

lmfao!! Yeah, that's exactly where I got it from!?  Cheesy  Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:37:09 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 11:36:21 AM »

Won't somebody tell me what is real?? Wink

Ron's an awesome musician.? I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already checked out his solo stuff, really should before passing judgement.

superb - agreed and all im saying is that BBF could play slash's parts well he tears the end of Nov Rain, the 2 solos in SCOM and WTTJ.

Fish
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »

Won't somebody tell me what is real?  Wink

Ron's an awesome musician.  I'd recommend anyone who hasn't already checked out his solo stuff, really should before passing judgement.

superb - agreed and all im saying is that BBF could play slash's parts well he tears the end of Nov Rain, the 2 solos in SCOM and WTTJ.

Fish

I don't think Robin and Richard would agree  Grin

I'm sure when the album is out, and there is more new material in the set, the individuals will have the chance to shine without the burden of comparison.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:34 AM »

Ron is a great player and has his own style. Why would he play the parts just like Slash or BH for that matter, that is just dumb. For all the people bitching think about this. Did the orginal gnr play KODH or LALD just like the orginal? NO they changed them big time and made them their own, but of course you were not bitching they dont play them just like dylan did or wings did now did  you?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »

Won\\\'t somebody tell me what is real?? Wink

Ron\\\'s an awesome musician.? I\\\'d recommend anyone who hasn\\\'t already checked out his solo stuff, really should before passing judgement.

superb - agreed and all im saying is that BBF could play slash\\\'s parts well he tears the end of Nov Rain, the 2 solos in SCOM and WTTJ.

Fish

I don\\\'t think Robin and Richard would agree? Grin

I\\\'m sure when the album is out, and there is more new material in the set, the individuals will have the chance to shine without the burden of comparison.
Slash would just laugh at them all. ?Trying so hard to play the songs he wrote.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 11:51:44 AM »

Won\\\'t somebody tell me what is real?  Wink

Ron\\\'s an awesome musician.  I\\\'d recommend anyone who hasn\\\'t already checked out his solo stuff, really should before passing judgement.

superb - agreed and all im saying is that BBF could play slash\\\'s parts well he tears the end of Nov Rain, the 2 solos in SCOM and WTTJ.

Fish

I don\\\'t think Robin and Richard would agree  Grin

I\\\'m sure when the album is out, and there is more new material in the set, the individuals will have the chance to shine without the burden of comparison.
Slash would just laugh at them all.  Trying so hard to play the songs he wrote.

You clearly haven't seen the band live this year, they are ripping through the old songs and sounding amazing. 

Believe me, Slash wouldn't be laughing at the new guys, he wishes he was there too.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »

BBF is a tru talent all the cred too him for having to play second fiddle to Finck who clearly is nowhere near as good a guitar player as he is!

fish
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:22 PM »

BBF is a tru talent all the cred too him for having to play second fiddle to Finck who clearly is nowhere near as good a guitar player as he is!

fish

Finck is a GREAT guitar player, I dont know why people bash him. Listen to his TWAT solo its fucking amazing.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

Finck can play in studio I am sure, the presolo to Bucket's on TWAT is immense and im sure the Blues solo is too. But ive seen the new guns 5 times, each time there is a glaring mistake or something that almost ruins the solo!

fish
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

Finck can play in studio I am sure, the presolo to Bucket's on TWAT is immense and im sure the Blues solo is too. But ive seen the new guns 5 times, each time there is a glaring mistake or something that almost ruins the solo!

fish

The old band did the same thing back in the day, all bands do it, its called playing live. If  you want to hear songs played just like they are in the studio just lisiten to the cds

Brody
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 01:08:20 PM »

the only anoying thing about him is that he uses the les paul way to high, kinda like angus young, but not as cool. not cool at all actually. that guitar is supposed to be near the crotch, above that line is just lame!  hihi

Whats lame is your checking out his crotch!
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »

fish

The old band did the same thing back in the day, all bands do it, its called playing live. If? you want to hear songs played just like they are in the studio just lisiten to the cds

mistakes are allowed - they are human in the 5 times ive seen finck there have been GLARING mistakes huge ones that ruin the solo that is not acceptable!!

fish
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 01:51:12 PM »

fish

The old band did the same thing back in the day, all bands do it, its called playing live. If? you want to hear songs played just like they are in the studio just lisiten to the cds

mistakes are allowed - they are human in the 5 times ive seen finck there have been GLARING mistakes huge ones that ruin the solo that is not acceptable!!

fish

And what were those GLARING mistakes  Roll Eyes

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »

nov rain second solo Finck misses a note and there is like a 1-2 second silence on a pre-bend. Blues Finck slides to the wrong note, I dont have the mp3's but the mistakes are well reported!!!

Fish
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »

why the hell should he play the solo like slash? he doesn't even try to. he makes it his own style, the way he should. if they did all note by note it would be like a fucking coverband. steve morse never tries to play like blackmore in deep purple f.ex.

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2006, 02:39:14 PM »

nov rain second solo Finck misses a note and there is like a 1-2 second silence on a pre-bend. Blues Finck slides to the wrong note, I dont have the mp3's but the mistakes are well reported!!!

Fish

What about bumblefoots horrendous twat solo? The guy totally butchered it at Hammerstein.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 02:40:53 PM »

Fish

What about bumblefoots horrendous twat solo? The guy totally butchered it at Hammerstein.

Wasn't it like his first gig??
Origen
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »

Fish

Yes it was, you can't knock the guy for any of the Hammerstein shows imo, he must of been extremely nervous and had just learnt (and in the process of learning at the time) GnR songs.

Finck has been in the band all these years and I like him but Bumblefoot is already starting to sound better then him on certain songs as he gets more experience.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 02:57:19 PM »

Fish

I just used that one as an example. He also butchered that solo in Europe as well. Not to mention his nightrain solo  nervous
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: