Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:09:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40079 times)
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 03:00:25 PM »

The foot guitar broke.

good. it was silly

As opposed to a KFC bucket on the head?   hihi
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 03:12:22 PM »

TWAT in europe???

and I didnt think he butchered it i thought watching the vid he played it well, plus learning it in 2 weeks with all the other songs and not even being able to listen to it outside the office it's one hell of an effort!!!

fish
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

nov rain second solo Finck misses a note and there is like a 1-2 second silence on a pre-bend. Blues Finck slides to the wrong note, I dont have the mp3's but the mistakes are well reported!!!

Fish

yeah and I have tons of versions where slash butchered his own solos HE WROTE i even posted one here a few weeks ago.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2006, 03:29:25 PM »

TWAT in europe???

and I didnt think he butchered it i thought watching the vid he played it well, plus learning it in 2 weeks with all the other songs and not even being able to listen to it outside the office it's one hell of an effort!!!

fish

If there is one thing I've learned, it's that the people who are most critical about guitar playing seem the least knowledgeable. Thal has done a commendable job, but that shouldn't be surprising because he's a guitar freak of nature - only a non-musician would be blind to that.
Origen
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2006, 03:46:27 PM »

TWAT in europe???

They've played it at least once in Europe in Madrid, Spain.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »

apologies yeah that they did!

Slash did butcher some solos Im not gonna make this topic a Slash ball-hanging one.

Finck however has a sloppy style. Yeah they say it is his style but sometimes in a lot of songs it sounds wrong. And let's be fair his solos suck they should scrap the one before PC

saying that im not a fan of Bumbles shred solo. I just think BBF has more to offer than wat Axl lets us see!!!

Fish
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »

For all the people bitching think about this. Did the orginal gnr play KODH or LALD just like the orginal? NO they changed them big time and made them their own, but of course you were not bitching they dont play them just like dylan did or wings did now did ?you?

When you change songs to make them your own you are doing a "cover" of the song. GNR weren't touring as Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney at the time, so covering the songs was fine. Like many people in this world, if I go to a Guns N' Roses concert I would like to see the band playing the songs like Guns N' Roses did. Other wise it is nothing more than a big tribute cover band taking liberties on the songs. And we have all been told by people on this board that this band is 100% GNR, so either play the songs like GNR or stop calling yourselves GNR.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2006, 03:58:40 PM »

Finck is a GREAT guitar player, I dont know why people bash him. Listen to his TWAT solo its fucking amazing.

Because of the 3 gutiarists he is clearly the worst and least talented. He may be great in the studio writing songs and being creative, but so was Izzy, and you didn't seem him playing the bands most important leads because of studio brilliance and seniority did you? Finck should be relegated to rythm guitar like Izzy was, no shame in it.

There is no one on this board who has seen the New band play that can tell you with a straight face that Robin is a better or more talented player than Richard or Bumble. Those two are superior to him, so in turn they should be handling all the leads.....not Robin.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2006, 04:05:13 PM »

beer
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

There is no one on this board who has seen the New band play that can tell you with a straight face that Robin is a better or more talented player than Richard or Bumble. Those two are superior to him, so in turn they should be handling all the leads.....not Robin.

I can not tell you with a straight face that Robin is a better or more talented player than Richard or Bumble. Because each of them has their own style of playing. And for me it is much better that there are 3 guitar players exchanging solos... more diverse than it was with Slash. But I can tell you that Robin can & should play all the leads he is playing currently. And I have seen the New band and I have some idea about guitar playing Wink.

edit:uhm, and I thought this thread is about BBF
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2006, 04:10:16 PM »

The thread is about Bumble if we can keep it on that it would be cool!

But you are always gonna get Ron v Rich v Rob debates. Personally I would like to see Ron and Rich take on the solos and Robin play backing, throwing in the odd one as Izzy used to!

Fish
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2006, 04:33:08 PM »

Personally I would like to see Ron and Rich take on the solos and Robin play backing, throwing in the odd one as Izzy used to!

That is what I think most people would like to see. It would be an easy way to drastically increase the quality of the shows and the fans experience, as you wouldn't get one of those messy, awful bends from Robin that ruin parts of songs. Richard and Bumble have a much cleaner style of playing that is much closer to how the songs are supposed to sound.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2006, 04:37:28 PM »

What about bumblefoots horrendous twat solo? The guy totally butchered it at Hammerstein.
He didn't butchered anything. He played it very well, for what I could hear in the dvd. Also, you can't really judge him before listen to the final version of the song.

I like the guy, but I don't think his solos on IRS and Better (both played diffirent every time) are as good as Bucket's one on the demos.

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

THat's what I mean VoodooChild as in you cant really hear or make out the solo in IRS/Better maybe if he stuck to Bucket's or played something that can be remembered he would be a much more accepted player!!

Fish
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 06:04:04 PM »

Why can't people STFU about slash, he isn't in this band damnit. Neither is Buckethead.  rant
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2006, 07:11:26 PM »

I wish Bumble would play the solos on TWAT and IRS exactly like Bucket played them. If he could do that I wouldn't have such a problem accepting him as a touring member. I still hope and pray Bucket will come back and the GnR foot era will come to an end.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »

I wish Bumble would play the solos on TWAT and IRS exactly like Bucket played them. If he could do that I wouldn't have such a problem accepting him as a touring member. I still hope and pray Bucket will come back and the GnR foot era will come to an end.

Stop with the "I-wish-Bumblefoot-played-just-like-Slash-Buckethead-or-whoever". Each guitarist is different, with their own techniques, pros and cons. Leave the man alone, he's not a Buckethead or Slash cover. The bucket era is over!
Origen
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »

Why can't people STFU about slash, he isn't in this band damnit. Neither is Buckethead.? rant

Would you ask a Beatles forum to not talk about John Lennon, a Kiss forum not to talk about Ace Frehley. Just because he isn't in the band anymore doesn't mean nothink (in certain topics) Don't be ignorant and ignore the history of a band your a fan of.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:19 PM »

I don't fucking care what the thread is all about, I just got home and had a few (a lot!) beers and ... I miss slash!! he's gn'r as much as axl is and all the others can just suck my dick!

To say the 'new gnr' (= coverband) is as good as or better than the old...crap!! I wonder if this new band makes new fans!?Huh

Meaning, if you see them live, do you really think that those annoying solo's make new fans!?

I don't fucking think so!! "New fans" = "younger fans"  = "young people who like the 'old' music of guns and wants to see them live but never had the chance of doing that so they support this new crappy cover band" !!!

fuck off, I'm going to drink another one!!! Long live GN'R: why don't you just...FUCK OFF!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

lol ok Smiley

fish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: