Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40076 times)
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »

Why can't people STFU about slash, he isn't in this band damnit. Neither is Buckethead. ?rant

Would you ask a Beatles forum to not talk about John Lennon, a Kiss forum not to talk about Ace Frehley. Just because he isn't in the band anymore doesn't mean nothink (in certain topics) Don't be ignorant and ignore the history of a band your a fan of.
Excellent point! People have a right to miss Slash and Bucket. They play on studio recordings that we all know and love. Bumble has no part in the creation of CD. Who knows if he will fit in with GnR creativity wise and record with them on future albums. The guy is just a touring guitarist that doesn't measure up to Bucket, in my opinion. I hate how people on these forums tell you you're not a fan if you don't like or agree with everything the band or Axl does. Some people on here need to start thinking for themselves and break away from the groupthink that permeates here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 08:29:11 PM by Mattattack » Logged
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »

My opinion about the dont cry comparison..Its hard to compare a 30 sec slash and band clip with a new fresh almost 3 min guitar solo without the rest of the band..... slash isent in the band any more but he wont be forgotten..I actually like the new bumble solo because its new and different to hear just the guitar..I like it.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »

he wears spongebob shirts.  Thats not cool. Its stupid.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »

Judging a person on the t-shirts they wear is stupid...keep it real

Slash wore some 'childish' tees Sylvester the cat if i remeber correctly that doesn't take away from his genius

Agreed - We can't judge BBF til he records (if he does) just think that he has more firepower and use than what Axl has given him now!!!

Fish
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2006, 09:56:22 PM »

bbf hasnt written one song for GnR. Slash wrote them all.  comparing them is stupid.  bbf will be gone next year or this year anyway so it doesnt realy matter. the guitar players for gnr come and go but still slashes name always is at the top. oh well.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »

Why can't people STFU about slash, he isn't in this band damnit. Neither is Buckethead.  rant

Would you ask a Beatles forum to not talk about John Lennon, a Kiss forum not to talk about Ace Frehley. Just because he isn't in the band anymore doesn't mean nothink (in certain topics) Don't be ignorant and ignore the history of a band your a fan of.
Excellent point! People have a right to miss Slash and Bucket.
Of course! But, as far as I know, there's another sections here for ex-members.

Also, its very odd to bring back the "I miss Slash" topic in every single thread. Why is so hard to discuss about the new band or one of its members without having to hijacking it to the dead horse?

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »

^ Excellent post - this aint a slash vs BBF thread, just ur view of how he is used in the band!!

Fish Smiley
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 10:38:22 PM »

If you dont think rock is at all about image Bravefish youre clueless.  When it comes to succesful rock groups image is probably about 50% of what sells whether you like it or not.  You always bring up Satriani and Yngwie and dudes like that, wanna know the reason why they dont sell multi platinum albums, its because they dont join bands with great images.  Personally, I dont give a damn about image except that if GNR's image is not right they wont sell many albums, low album sales will be detrimental to any future.  THe masses buy albums usually for vicarious reasons.  Its stupid, but its the truth.  You can argue all you want, but Harvard just released a study on this last year.  So while I hope the music maintains its quality, I also hope that there is an abundant supply of concerts and cd's.  BBF does not have an image right for GNR, like it or not he will not help sell albums.  He's a douche, he is sober, wears spongebob t-shirts, plays a foot guitar, looks like mick foley, but talks like the dude from Hanson.  Yeah he may be the most gifted guitarist, but to put him in the spotlight would be financial suicide for Axl and the band.

ALso you keep saying Fink is a studio guitarist, clearly you never saw a NIN concert.  Fink is an amazing live guitarist who never played on a NIN cd.  Reznor who carries grudges like no other will even still admit that Fink is an amazingly passionate live guitarist. 

BBF may not even be in the band who knows.  The fact is, yes he is a better guitarist than I am and he is a better shredder than slash, but I think it was Slash who said that, (this is a paraphrase, "GnR will never be as talented as a band like Rush, but we hope to have more heart."  I dont see BBF having the right soul for GNR,  I didnt think Buckethead did either, but BH had a good stage presense and was fun.  The fact is GNR appealed to people because they were ," dangerous" and people loved to conciously or subconciously live vicariously through that dangerous asshole element.  BBF does not offer that, FInk definitely does and thats why I feel Fink deserves the solo's even if they are not perfect.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2006, 01:16:48 AM »

I must admit that I have a hang-up about the image thing, too.  That's why I never cared for Buckethead.   Embarrassed  I don't see anything wrong with BBF's image.  I think his image is a better fit.  Just my opinion, of course. 

I don't see the big deal about wearing a Sponge Bob t-shirt.  I like Sponge Bob.  I don't have kids and I've watched it a few times.  The few shows that I've seen were pretty funny.   Grin
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2006, 02:50:25 AM »

i'm sick of people judging the new players by their looks. and i'm sick of reading axlrose4eva and estranged2006's posts that anly say one thing: we want slash back. newsflash - slash quit! 10 years ago! get over it or go to the velvet revolver part of the board.
ron has a very good stage presence and he's an awesome player. i bet you didn't see any of the shows in the tour.
and people bitching about buckethead, he's a tour guitarist too. you don't have any proof of what he recorded with the band. until cd is out and bucket is credited the shredding from the solos in the demos cpuld be from anyone. and ron looks stupid but a guy with a kfc bucket and a mask is cool? (not trying to say bucket was lame but th comparison makes me laugh).
and saying that bumble doesn't have a right image for guns because he is sober  rofl maybe he could be drunk at every show, not speak to the fans and keep everything to himself, act like a star and just pass by when people say hello, cheat on his wife ok that's rock and roll man, i'm going to gnr shows because they have a guitar player that bangs groupies and passes out on stage. fuck the music, i wanna see drunk people on stage!

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2006, 02:53:11 AM »

he wears spongebob shirts.? Thats not cool. Its stupid.

This is the funniest post in the thread. I'm waiting for him to spit an apple in someones face ?hihi

Sponge Bob rules!! And you know it!!!

Hiiiiiiiiiii Garyyyyyyy
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 02:54:42 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2006, 05:20:30 AM »

nov rain second solo Finck misses a note and there is like a 1-2 second silence on a pre-bend. Blues Finck slides to the wrong note, I dont have the mp3's but the mistakes are well reported!!!

Fish

thats not a mistake, thats obviously the way finck intends to play the solo.  you don' t expect him to play the original note for note do you?  He's twice the performer as the guy her replaced anyways.   He owns the SCOM solo, he's the best part about that song when this band plays.   peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2006, 05:23:12 AM »

I can't believe this is still going on! People, Slash is not in the band. If that ruins it for you, then stop paying attention - it's quite simple. Actually, if you haven't heard, Slash is in another band called Velvet Revolver. Like many famous bands, they also have web sites dedicated to them, and I'm sure that everyone there would agree with you that Slash is the best guitar player who ever lived because he wears the guitar low, and never looks like he has stepped in gum.

Since when are music fans so image conscious? He wears the guitar too high, he moves like he stepped in gum, he's fat...man, you people are superficial. I've met teenage girls with more mature taste.

i gotta say man, this is one of the more intelligent posts I've read on this board in a long time.   good stuff. 

Bumblefoot rocks  ok
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2006, 06:25:36 AM »

he wears spongebob shirts.? Thats not cool. Its stupid.

This is the funniest post in the thread. I\'m waiting for him to spit an apple in someones face ?hihi

Sponge Bob rules!! And you know it!!!

Hiiiiiiiiiii Garyyyyyyy

haha its true! i dont know why he would wear that kids shirts. thats for kids. not guitar players for Guns n Roses! Its rediculos loooking.  I also didnt like that stupid foot guiter. im glad that thing is broken. I hope Axl dont pay him any money to get it fixed! hehehehe  if i saw it i would let it meet my foot when i stomp on it into the ground! stupid foot guitars. 
at least axl got the sense to let him use the les paul! everyone knows that guns n roses guitarist use a les paul. not a stupid foot or a buckethead.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2006, 07:34:21 AM »

haha its true! i dont know why he would wear that kids shirts. thats for kids. not guitar players for Guns n Roses! Its rediculos loooking.

I didn't find Tokyo '92 pics, but there Slash was wearing a shirt with a Looney Toon's carachter. ok

Edited: found a video on youtube with this shirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zllP65Vn03w&search=showbiz
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:40:15 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2006, 08:02:04 AM »

I watched the slash solo and bumblefoot

well not even close slash's kills his , I miss slash

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2006, 08:09:49 AM »

Yeah that's the one I meant Voodoo...

I want to stay off Finck cause this is a BBF topic but what the hell is the nonsense of 'Finck intends to play how he does' no offence but there is a fine line between someone like SRV or Gary Moore who play accidental (or wrong notes) as part of a lick and Finck who holds or over bends which just sounds wrong.

Fish
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2006, 08:10:02 AM »

I watched the slash solo and bumblefoot

well not even close slash's kills his , I miss slash

how can you miss him? confused
its not like he dissapeared form face of earth.he is right there,in velvet revolver.ya know,in that band together with duff,matt,scott and dave.
its not like he lost his abbility to play guitar.right?

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2006, 08:13:02 AM »

haha its true! i dont know why he would wear that kids shirts. thats for kids. not guitar players for Guns n Roses! Its rediculos loooking.?

so,according to YOU,they have list of clother which they MUSTN'T wear,and list of clother which they MUST wear when they play in gnr?
oh my god  confused I cant understand how stupid some people can be....I really cant.

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2006, 08:14:19 AM »

I miss him in GNR

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: