Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40066 times)
DMJ
Headliner

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2006, 04:52:27 AM »

bumblefoot was hired to replace buckethead, not to replace slash, fortus and finck replaced slash

Baron of the bench the panhandlin' master
Origen
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2006, 04:59:10 AM »

bumblefoot was hired to replace buckethead, not to replace slash, fortus and finck replaced slash

Finck replaced Slash, Fortus replaced Paul Huge.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2006, 07:06:27 AM »

who will replace fink? or fortus or foot? they will all leave eventually also. this band will never stick around to have any longevity or string of thier own hits or albums.
Evolution
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2006, 07:41:21 AM »

who will replace fink? or fortus or foot? they will all leave eventually also. this band will never stick around to have any longevity or string of thier own hits or albums.

If they stick around through so much inactivity I think leaving isn't something to worry about!
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »

If they stick around through so much inactivity I think leaving isn\'t something to worry about!
hope ur right! im sick of new member every year!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2006, 07:44:31 AM »

Since Robin has been in the band for about 10 years now,  I don't see him going anywhere. I believe Bumblefoot is meant to be a temp of some sort so I won't be surprised if he leaves/is replaced. Richard & Tommy have been in this band for a long time and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2006, 08:09:48 AM »

I really don't know what Ron is at this point. He has not opened himself up the guns fans yet; in fact, he appears to be quite protective of his self.? I really feel this detracts from his performance and likeability. Some day I hope we see the real Ron Thal out there and unfettered but thus far he has stood out like a cardboard knock down.

Did you see him play any shows in Europe yet?

Of course he's not gonna start running around at his first shows before he even knows the songs properly.

The more shows he plays, the more comfortable he'll get with his role in the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »

No BH just played fast he never slowed down thats all he did. when i saw guns bbf did his solo we went from shredding to slowing down.

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2006, 08:30:27 AM »

I really don't know what Ron is at this point. He has not opened himself up the guns fans yet; in fact, he appears to be quite protective of his self.? I really feel this detracts from his performance and likeability. Some day I hope we see the real Ron Thal out there and unfettered but thus far he has stood out like a cardboard knock down.

Of course he's not gonna start running around at his first shows before he even knows the songs properly.

The more shows he plays, the more comfortable he'll get with his role in the band.

/jarmo

Exactly who would take to a guy whos been in the band for 2 weeks running around the stage like a maniac when Axl has just hired him.

And if Axl replaces him, unless its some extraordinary talent we are faced with 2 problems...one of the new guy settling and b)his acceptance and writing powers if bucket has already recorded parts. I feel BBF is here to stay

Fish
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »

I really don't know what Ron is at this point. He has not opened himself up the guns fans yet; in fact, he appears to be quite protective of his self.  I really feel this detracts from his performance and likeability. Some day I hope we see the real Ron Thal out there and unfettered but thus far he has stood out like a cardboard knock down.

/jarmo

Exactly who would take to a guy whos been in the band for 2 weeks running around the stage like a maniac when Axl has just hired him.

And if Axl replaces him, unless its some extraordinary talent we are faced with 2 problems...one of the new guy settling and b)his acceptance and writing powers if bucket has already recorded parts. I feel BBF is here to stay

Fish

At this point I sincerely hope that is true. I'd love to see Ron stay. The only reason I could see him not staying is because of his own solo career. I know he hasn't been "successful" by the industry standard, but alot of people really want to stay with their own thing rather then be a part of a bigger thing where other peoples opinions come into play, ya know?

I think thats the only reason why at this point he uses phrases like "their" and "them" when referring to GNR.

Even if he ends up in a Gilby-like role, I'll still be happy to have seen him live with the band, but I'm hoping he stays on.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2006, 08:54:34 AM »

I think the their and them when referring to GNR comes from Axl's management telling him to shutup til the band and Axl know what to do.

It all comes down to what I said before, the tour and music for me doesnt seem like Axl is firing in the way that he knows the plan ie kill a tour drop the album etc. IT still to me feels as if he is finding his feet...testing the water almost

Fish
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »

I really don't know what Ron is at this point. He has not opened himself up the guns fans yet; in fact, he appears to be quite protective of his self.  I really feel this detracts from his performance and likeability. Some day I hope we see the real Ron Thal out there and unfettered but thus far he has stood out like a cardboard knock down.

/jarmo

I've watched the shows at Download, Hammersmith, and Lisbon. He is playing more confidently but the stage presence remains quite inert. I understand that he will get more comfortable, the more shows he plays, but his lack of personality onstage strikes me as being detached. Ron is definately a great player and capable of playing this music but not much else to rave about. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 11:47:48 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2006, 11:26:15 AM »

/jarmo

Fish

did you watch rio 3? Bucket was all over that stage.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »

I went to Docklands, Leeds and Bucket moved approximately 3mm in both shows  rofl

Fish
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2006, 11:35:01 AM »

I went to Docklands, Leeds and Bucket moved approximately 3mm in both shows  rofl

Fish

I dunno what you saw but even during the American leg, Bucket was flying across the stage during PC, not to mention his astounding solo segment.

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

THe solo segment in RIR was an absolute shocker, who wants to see a karate display followed by robotic dancing from ur main axe man???

Fish
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2006, 12:05:46 PM »

THe solo segment in RIR was an absolute shocker, who wants to see a karate display followed by robotic dancing from ur main axe man???

Fish

He was still pulling that shit during the tour stops in the US too. Really dumb if you ask me. I'll take Ron anyday over that shit.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2006, 12:07:02 PM »

Fish

I do...Much more than i want to see some douche wearing a Spongebob t-shirt and playinging a Foot guitar with 1/2 the talent of Buckethead and with 1/10th of the passion as slash. ?The fact is, cause you all are going to be like, "BH and Slash" are gone stop comparing them, well Im not, cause i feel Fink should be lead and I like Fink just as much as Slash. ?If BBF's solo work is any indication, I dont find it interesting at all. ?The songs are simplistic as hell, except for the guitar parts. ?And the guitar parts are not so good that they cover up the fact that the lyrics and melodies are totally void of any intellectual thought. ?BH's solo work was interesting just to hear the sounds that he could make come from a guitar. ?I dont care if BBF gains some false confidence, until I see the guy actually accomplish something Im not going to run around praising his name. ?So far i listened to his solo work which sounded like 50 bands I can go see at any bar in town, and I heard his playing on the tour which seemed totally lifeless to me. ?His personality also is not a draw to me, so I have no reason to like this guy. ?He hasnt written anything I like, hasnt played anything I thought was amazing or intense, and has the personality more suited for a professional Dungeons and Dragons player rather than the "Biggest Rock Group on the Planet."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »

Fish

Now that is just a silly statement. If you don't 'get' the performance art, then it cannot be a point of criticism against someone who does. Transcend the mask, the bucket, and the nunchuks, there is a fascinating character at work.

Bbf's solo section is ok, but I feel it fails to distinguish itself from finck's.

slashmyballs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »

I do...Much more than i want to see some douche wearing a Spongebob t-shirt and playinging a Foot guitar with 1/2 the talent of Buckethead and with 1/10th of the passion as slash. ?The fact is, cause you all are going to be like, "BH and Slash" are gone stop comparing them, well Im not, cause i feel Fink should be lead and I like Fink just as much as Slash. ?If BBF's solo work is any indication, I dont find it interesting at all. ?The songs are simplistic as hell, except for the guitar parts. ?And the guitar parts are not so good that they cover up the fact that the lyrics and melodies are totally void of any intellectual thought. ?BH's solo work was interesting just to hear the sounds that he could make come from a guitar. ?I dont care if BBF gains some false confidence, until I see the guy actually accomplish something Im not going to run around praising his name. ?So far i listened to his solo work which sounded like 50 bands I can go see at any bar in town, and I heard his playing on the tour which seemed totally lifeless to me. ?His personality also is not a draw to me, so I have no reason to like this guy. ?He hasnt written anything I like, hasnt played anything I thought was amazing or intense, and has the personality more suited for a professional Dungeons and Dragons player rather than the "Biggest Rock Group on the Planet."

I had to register just to tell you that you haven't a freaking clue what the hell you're talking about, and I can't WAIT till a few years from now when you look back at these posts and feel like a complete ass.? You know absolutely NOTHING about bumblefoot and write as though you have a clue what you're talking abut.? Before you open your mouth again regarding lyrics please go to www.bumblefoot.com, click on discography, and read the lyrics.? Anyone who thinks they may agree with this troll do the same.? Before you open your mouth again about a lack of creativity listen to all the samplers.? Buy a CD.? Go see HIS band live.? Before you throw any more criticisms about his NOT fitting in the band blame your hero Axl, Bumblefoot didn't go knocking on his door, he came knocking on Ron's.? Grow up.?

[edit]  Cuz I know you're going to find the worst lyrics you can to post and try and make a point I just went through some songs and realized I kinda like this one.  More from the heart than most music I'm hearing these days.

Wasted Away

2 years today, I just pulled the blankets off the mirrors for the first time
Surprised at the new lines on my face that remind how I tried to catch an illusion
Hiding from me, hiding from facing the height of what I hope to be
Kept all my eggs in someone else's basket
Thinking they would care enough to not let someone smash it

What's wrong with me, I got this need to give back to a world that keeps me
And if I do just for myself it's like I'm selfish
'Cause I always had this thing about staying grounded and down
And it's not been worth it to share with the people I pick that I sought to prove they care
And I feel like a pussy sayin' shit out loud
But I'm openin' my eyes and I see myself now

I left myself behind
While chasing after dreams I could never find
I lived for all your lives
A machine for you to unplug at any time
I just realized today that I've wasted away

Maybe it's too late - the end has a date - and I'm cramming for the final test
It hasn't been a total mess, I'm just striving for higher
And humility will build me if I confess
Some people do what they chose some people look for every bump in the road
And some pretend and they play a good role
For the people that depend - they all come and go

Wrote half an album in 2 long days as I reflected and tried to take a hard next step
Of a spiritual kind so maybe I can find some sense as I pick apart a burdened mind
So I spread out on the floor all the pieces that I thought were fully formed
I see how much more I've got to go
I reach for a new drug to medicate my soul

I left myself behind
A machine for you to unplug at any time
Just realized today

I left myself behind
To forget about the answers I need to find