Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Annoying thing about Bumblefoot
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying thing about Bumblefoot  (Read 40068 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2006, 08:56:19 AM »

I don't compare Slash to Ron. They can't be compared since they are two totally different players. It's true that Slash wrote some good Gn'R songs. But Ron has written some pretty damn good songs himself too. I guess you are not familiar with his work before he joined Guns.
Please remember that Axl hired Ron to play guitar in his band for a reason. And he obviously hired Ron for his skills....

But if you would like to compare the two of them anyway, Slash would loose big time. Even though Ron didn't write Estranged (good song btw) or Don't cry, that doesn't make him a worse player.
As a guitar player Slash wasn't very good at all. I prefer a foot guitar instead of a drunk alcoholic guy who can't bend in pitch, and who is playing sloppy all the time.
Slash was/is a good player, I'm not saying that he is bad. But compare him to Bumblefoot is not even worth to do.
So I prefer not to compare the two of them....
But try to imagine Slash playing some of Ron's stuff.... I laughing just thinking about it.
And Ron can't play exactly like Slash..... noone can. Every player has their own fingerprints. But I think Ron does a great job anyway!

As for the Axl part of this discussion. I didn't know that Axl used oxygen back in 92. But the concert I attended, he sang way better than I've heard him sing on this tour. Sorry to break all of your dreams, but that's the truth.
However, Axl is Guns N' Roses, and there wouldn't be any Gn'R without him.

I am pretty sure Guitarfred is a semi-retarded 7 year old somalian on some Green Peace dudes laptop.? First of all his posts make absolutely no sense but all you people see is that he liked BBF.? His first line is, "I dont compare BBF to Slash"? Then does an entire post comparing him to slash.? He has said nothing of any substance at all other than BBF is better.? Slash is widely considered one of the top 5 rock guitarists of his time so to say he laughs at Slash's classically trained skills is nonsense.

"As a guitar player Slash wasn't very good at all. I prefer a foot guitar instead of a drunk alcoholic guy who can't bend in pitch, and who is playing sloppy all the time."? You do realize you are agreeing with someone who said this right?

I am pretty sure that 95 % of people on this message board read 5 words of every post and then move on.? Bravefish is hilariously ignorant.? The guy says slash sucks and Bravefish replies, "Well summed up, slash is one of a kind".? I can say anything about Bravefish on here because he clearly does not know how to read.?

People are entitled to their opinions, but seriously this Guitarfred is retarded.? He actually says, "Slash wasnt very good at all."? And then in the next line says, "Slash was/is good",? am i the only person who realizes this?

What can I say? He makes a lot more sense than you do. You are quite wrong, Bravefish is not the ignorant poster here ... YOU ARE. If you hadn't started a whole fucking line of "let's bash bumblefoot" he wouldn't be here defending Ron and saying things you don't want to read about your idol Slash.
gnrbr
Rocker

Everywhere i go i c ya

« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2006, 09:19:12 AM »

I don't compare Slash to Ron. They can't be compared since they are two totally different players. It's true that Slash wrote some good Gn'R songs. But Ron has written some pretty damn good songs himself too. I guess you are not familiar with his work before he joined Guns.
Please remember that Axl hired Ron to play guitar in his band for a reason. And he obviously hired Ron for his skills....

But if you would like to compare the two of them anyway, Slash would loose big time. Even though Ron didn't write Estranged (good song btw) or Don't cry, that doesn't make him a worse player.
As a guitar player Slash wasn't very good at all. I prefer a foot guitar instead of a drunk alcoholic guy who can't bend in pitch, and who is playing sloppy all the time.
Slash was/is a good player, I'm not saying that he is bad. But compare him to Bumblefoot is not even worth to do.
But try to imagine Slash playing some of Ron's stuff.... I laughing just thinking about it.
And Ron can't play exactly like Slash..... noone can. Every player has their own fingerprints. But I think Ron does a great job anyway!

As for the Axl part of this discussion. I didn't know that Axl used oxygen back in 92. But the concert I attended, he sang way better than I've heard him sing on this tour. Sorry to break all of your dreams, but that's the truth.

I am pretty sure Guitarfred is a semi-retarded 7 year old somalian on some Green Peace dudes laptop.? First of all his posts make absolutely no sense but all you people see is that he liked BBF.? His first line is, "I dont compare BBF to Slash"? Then does an entire post comparing him to slash.? He has said nothing of any substance at all other than BBF is better.? Slash is widely considered one of the top 5 rock guitarists of his time so to say he laughs at Slash's classically trained skills is nonsense.

"As a guitar player Slash wasn't very good at all. I prefer a foot guitar instead of a drunk alcoholic guy who can't bend in pitch, and who is playing sloppy all the time."? You do realize you are agreeing with someone who said this right?

I am pretty sure that 95 % of people on this message board read 5 words of every post and then move on.? Bravefish is hilariously ignorant.? The guy says slash sucks and Bravefish replies, "Well summed up, slash is one of a kind".? I can say anything about Bravefish on here because he clearly does not know how to read.?

People are entitled to their opinions, but seriously this Guitarfred is retarded.? He actually says, "Slash wasnt very good at all."? And then in the next line says, "Slash was/is good",? am i the only person who realizes this?

What can I say? He makes a lot more sense than you do. You are quite wrong, Bravefish is not the ignorant poster here ... YOU ARE. If you hadn't started a whole fucking line of "let's bash bumblefoot" he wouldn't be here defending Ron and saying things you don't want to read about your idol Slash.

i agree with mandy! hihi peace
peace evryone
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »

I might be missing something, I went back as far as page 8, but I don't see what AxlRose4eva did that was so wrong. What I did see was him coming to the defense of Bucket, Finck and Slash, and then 2 Bumblefoot fans suddenly joined the forum to jump him, and procede to trash the band and Axl. Am I missing something?

Bravefish was arguing with several people here, and made some very slanted statements from what I can see.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 09:36:36 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Guitarfred
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »

It's really sad to see how people are judging and bashing on Ron.? Huh

NO he is NOT Slash and he never will be. Slash did some amazing work with Axl back in the old days.
And all of you who are Slash fanatics will probably never accept Ron, Buckethead, or any other replacement.
And I can totally understand it.

But I noticed that some people were judging Ron by the way he looks, the way his guitar looks etc.... and I find it just stupid.
Bumblefoot is an amazing guitar player, wether you like his style or not. And I personally think he shines on stage with Gn'r.
The other two players are sloppy, have bad tone and they really can't play in general. That's what I think.
I really can't see why Axl even would want them in the band.

Some people can't understand that being famous doesn't necessarily have to meen that you are a good musician. Just because Fink (or what ever his name is) is more famous than Ron, doesn't make him a better guitarist.

With Bumblefoot, Axl has one of the most talented and creative guitar players in the world. I've been listening to Ron's music for many years, and I have also studied for him a couple of days. He is a true musician and a great guy. So I get really pissed when I see some of you judging him for who he is.
If you don't like his music that's fine.... but don't make any personal bashing.

I say, give mr Foot some time, and he will prove himself being the best guitarplayer that Guns N' Roses ever had.
Slash was ok, except for being drunk, playing out of pitch all the time... etc. But he wrote some good songs.
Fink and the other guy, may have the "correct image" for the band, but as guitar players the stink.
Ron may not have the correct Rock N' Roll image, but boy can he play guitar!!? peace

I'm not a big fan of Gn'r anymore. I will probably get a lot of shit for this, but I don't mind.
Axl is history, the guy sings terrible. He sang ok back inte the 90's, but now he is history. Some people will love him no mather what, just because he is Axl. But if you really sit down and listen, you'll find out that the guy sings awful.
But it's cool that the man has done a reunion with Guns. Sadly they will never be what they used to be though....

And the other members in the band are not the one's to blame. Axl should have quit when he was on top. People are even calling Guns N' Roses a cover band. And it's not the band that is the problem. It's Axl.... it's a shame that people can't see that...

That's about the most ignorant post I've ever read on this board.

Thank god someone else is out there who realizes this.? I was just about to schedule a catscan to make sure I hadnt lost my mind.

No need for a cat scan my dear brother Battsum?. They allready did one back in Somalia.... I don't want to post the result of the cat scan here, since it's family buisness only....
Guitarfred
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2006, 09:42:14 AM »

Thanks Mandy! Appreciate it.  Smiley
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »

The thing I laugh at in this thread is Ron is getting the same treatment that BH got when he joined the band. Oh he looks weird. Oh he plays too fast with no emotion, blah blah blah blah. And now the people that are bashing Ron want BH back when some of them were probably bashing BH when he first joined. ?I dont understand some people. This band is really talented esp Ron. The guy is fucking awesome, some of ?you need to give the guy a chance, he has only been with the band for a month, and he is playing the songs pretty damn good ?for just learning them. Cut the guy some slack.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Guitarfred
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »

Well, I guess we all can agree, that most people tend to see a persons "bad sides" instead of what is good.
In this case people are just looking on what they consider to be Ron's bad sides.
We can't love everyone, but there is a good expression that says:

If you don't have anything good to say about a person, don't say anything at all. Keep it to yourself.
Because your personal opinion doesn't meen shit to anybody but yourself....

Let's concentrate on what is good, instead of what is bad. Some of my comments about Axl/Slash were maybe a little over reacted. But I hate when people bash on others by the way they look. If Ron's guitar bothers you, just don't care about it. Instead of giving him piles of shit for having his Bumblefoot guitar....
He is a good man, and doesn't desreve this kind of talk....
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »

The thing I laugh at in this thread is Ron is getting the same treatment that BH got when he joined the band. Oh he looks weird. Oh he plays too fast with no emotion, blah blah blah blah. And now the people that are bashing Ron want BH back when some of them were probably bashing BH when he first joined. ?I dont understand some people. This band is really talented esp Ron. The guy is fucking awesome, some of ?you need to give the guy a chance, he has only been with the band for a month, and he is playing the songs pretty damn good ?for just learning them. Cut the guy some slack.

The only logical conclusion is that quite a lot of gunners have a very hard time accepting changes.

Once something changes they bombard it as "guilty (of sucking) till proven innocent". There is in no way an openmind towards anything new. Now Buckethead has become part of the history of GNR, they don't see him as a threat anymore and focus on the next new guy. Many people on this board are very close-minded and somehow try to mask it by making main-issues out of side-issues.

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 09:54:52 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2006, 09:52:56 AM »

I might be missing something, I went back as far as page 8, but I don't see what AxlRose4eva did that was so wrong.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32563.msg642172#msg642172

Criticism is one thing, which I accept, but this guy is totally offending Bumblefoot and myself, as well as other people who like Mr. Thal.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »

Well, I guess we all can agree, that most people tend to see a persons "bad sides" instead of what is good.
In this case people are just looking on what they consider to be Ron's bad sides.
We can't love everyone, but there is a good expression that says:

If you don't have anything good to say about a person, don't say anything at all. Keep it to yourself.
Because your personal opinion doesn't meen shit to anybody but yourself....

Let's concentrate on what is good, instead of what is bad. Some of my comments about Axl/Slash were maybe a little over reacted. But I hate when people bash on others by the way they look. If Ron's guitar bothers you, just don't care about it. Instead of giving him piles of shit for having his Bumblefoot guitar....
He is a good man, and doesn't desreve this kind of talk....

You join a forum and trash the band its dedicated to and you have the nerve to say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?" Are you fucking kidding me? ?

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »

I might be missing something, I went back as far as page 8, but I don't see what AxlRose4eva did that was so wrong.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32563.msg642172#msg642172

Criticism is one thing, which I accept, but this guy is totally offending Bumblefoot and myself, as well as other people who like Mr. Thal.

Oh.... I see. Sorry about that. He was is in the wrong and coming off as a jackass in the process. But I still have to agree with some of his later posts where he wasn't acting like that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:13:22 AM by misterID » Logged

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2006, 11:12:05 AM »

I really dont think you understand what I was saying.  I dont care if you like BBF, or if you dont.  I dont even talk about Slash, I am a Robin Fink fan more than any other guitarist so when you keep bringing up Slash it really confuses me Mandy.  Its great that you pay such close attention to my posts, but i think youre reading what you want to read.  I like Fink better than Slash, Fink is in the band, has written on the CD, my arguement is against people saying that BBF, who by the way up until 2 months ago was a nobody (maybe a select few here heard of him, but I never saw any of you posting about him before he was rumored ot be joining), should be playing the solos and guitar parts Fink wrote.  That being said that is not what I had against Guitarfred or Bravefish

Its cool to come to a GNR forum and totally hate 90% of the band, thats fine, but I at least wish they would make logical statements.  Can none of you read.  The guys post says, "Im not going to compare slash and BBF".  Then he compares slash and bumblefoot.  He then says, "Slash is a bad guitarist".   Then he says, "Im not saying slash is a bad guitarist."  He wasnt even consistent in his own sentences.  Please explain to me Mandy since you apparently find it so brilliant, how these are smart and logical thoughts.  Music to me is subjective, i dont claim my taste is the right taste, i think i know a lot about what sells and what does not and I dont think BBF sells as a leading rock guitarist for GNR.

Anyways, rather than just trying to bash someone or reading 5 words of a post why not take 35 seconds to read this...take a few deep breaths, maybe go back and reread Guitarfred's nonsensical post where he changes his opinion 50 times and spouts off nonsense about Axl sucking and Slash not being a good guitarist (as well as saying Axl is great and Slash is good which again I totally dont understand)...then get a glass of wine and type a logical response.  I would love to hear you explain his post, which you still havent done.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2006, 12:19:30 PM »

I really dont think you understand what I was saying.? I dont care if you like BBF, or if you dont.? I dont even talk about Slash, I am a Robin Fink fan more than any other guitarist so when you keep bringing up Slash it really confuses me Mandy.? Its great that you pay such close attention to my posts, but i think youre reading what you want to read.? I like Fink better than Slash, Fink is in the band, has written on the CD, my arguement is against people saying that BBF, who by the way up until 2 months ago was a nobody (maybe a select few here heard of him, but I never saw any of you posting about him before he was rumored ot be joining), should be playing the solos and guitar parts Fink wrote.? That being said that is not what I had against Guitarfred or Bravefish

Its cool to come to a GNR forum and totally hate 90% of the band, thats fine, but I at least wish they would make logical statements.? Can none of you read.? The guys post says, "Im not going to compare slash and BBF".? Then he compares slash and bumblefoot.? He then says, "Slash is a bad guitarist".? ?Then he says, "Im not saying slash is a bad guitarist."? He wasnt even consistent in his own sentences.? Please explain to me Mandy since you apparently find it so brilliant, how these are smart and logical thoughts.? Music to me is subjective, i dont claim my taste is the right taste, i think i know a lot about what sells and what does not and I dont think BBF sells as a leading rock guitarist for GNR.

Anyways, rather than just trying to bash someone or reading 5 words of a post why not take 35 seconds to read this...take a few deep breaths, maybe go back and reread Guitarfred's nonsensical post where he changes his opinion 50 times and spouts off nonsense about Axl sucking and Slash not being a good guitarist (as well as saying Axl is great and Slash is good which again I totally dont understand)...then get a glass of wine and type a logical response.? I would love to hear you explain his post, which you still havent done.

Dude, you were the one who started this whole line of bashing!

Maybe I was wrong, and maybe you didn't talk about Slash at all, but since everyone else bashing Bumblefoot is comparing him to Slash, it must have confused me...

Anyway, I never said his posts are brilliant, I disagree with a few things he said about GNR, but he's a cool guy, he just wants to defend Bumblefoot, and I agree with the things he said about Ron, and that's all. I think he's a brilliant guitarist, I love his solo work, and if given the chance, he will bring some kick-ass stuff to the new band.

Now, if we don't share the same opinion, it's fine by me, just don't bash him when you obviously don't know much about the guy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »

The only annoying thing about Bumblefoot is that we have read some of these posts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: